Author Topic: Ravens  (Read 19791 times)

hutch

Re: Ravens
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2015, 09:30:07 pm »
man what a game..

shemptiness

« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2015, 09:37:55 pm »
Why throw to the endzone, Joe?  Why?

hutch

« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2015, 09:53:04 pm »
Why throw to the endzone, Joe?  Why?

yeah I was going to say I thought that cost the Ravens the game but didn't want to as I'm not a Ravens fan although I respect the heck out of them.. I thought that was a huge mistake..they were marching down the field with ease... the Ravens OL was completely controlling the the Pats DL giving him plenty of time...they should have just gone with short high percentage passes...maybe a run or two..I think they would have gotten the TD and the Pats would barely have had time to come back... even more to the point by going for it with so much time on the clock you were giving the Pats enough time to come back even if you scored..it seemed like a boneheaded call all around......

I don't know if Joe called it or it was a designed play or what..but I kind of feel the better team did not win....they just didn't make the critical error..... Belichick was only sending 4 Defensive Linesmen at Flacco therefore therefore he has so much time to make throws...

Belichick was daring Flacco to make that throw...because he had so many defensive backs out there but they were covering more for the big play....

shemptiness

« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2015, 10:37:38 pm »
What he said.

shemptiness

« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2015, 10:57:51 pm »
Thank goodness White America.  The thugs lost.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 11:06:47 pm by Shemp »

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2015, 09:16:34 am »
Baltimored.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2015, 10:30:22 am »
Ravens were the better team, Belichick was the better coach.

also it will be interesting if there is a rule change next year about running to snap the ball as soon as declaring ineligible

brady should have been flagged for getting in the refs face
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 10:32:06 am by Got Haggis? »

hutch

« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2015, 01:31:34 pm »

+1

shemptiness

« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2015, 01:41:34 pm »

+1

Hey - howcum nobody's talking about Belichick the Brilliant's premature kneeling at the end of the game, which gave the Ravens a chance to win with a Hail Mary pass?  Huh?  Huh?

hutch

« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2015, 02:40:53 pm »

+1

Hey - howcum nobody's talking about Belichick the Brilliant's premature kneeling at the end of the game, which gave the Ravens a chance to win with a Hail Mary pass?  Huh?  Huh?

everyone makes mistakes?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2015, 04:23:43 pm »
the details are now foggy, but i thought it had more to do with the fact that the ravens held on to their last time-out.  instead of burning it after 1st down, they waited until the pats burned their 3rd, forcing the kick.  i don't recall them kneeling too soon.  they have a team of people calculating that stuff.  pretty sure that if they could have killed the clock, they would have.
<sig>

K8teebug

« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2015, 04:25:05 pm »
That turnover made the game.

shemptiness

« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2015, 05:22:49 pm »
the details are now foggy, but i thought it had more to do with the fact that the ravens held on to their last time-out.  instead of burning it after 1st down, they waited until the pats burned their 3rd, forcing the kick.  i don't recall them kneeling too soon.  they have a team of people calculating that stuff.  pretty sure that if they could have killed the clock, they would have.

The sequence of plays.. when they took over the ball there was a time out due to change of possession.
New England Patriots at 01:39
1-10-NE 20(1:39) 12-T.Brady kneels to NE 18 for -2 yards.
2-12-NE 18( .57) 12-T.Brady kneels to NE 16 for -2 yards.
3-14-NE 16( .15) 12-T.Brady kneels to NE 15 for -1 yards.

I guess they didn't want to risk a fumble, but running a legitimate play would kill more clock.  And they might have even picked up a first down.  But I suppose running plays weren't part of the gameplan at all.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2015, 06:03:44 pm »
If your big argument against Belicheck's strategy is that on their own 16 they ran victory form facing 3rd and 14 instead of attempting to pick up the first down or run some hypothetical play that would take 15 seconds, then holy shit. It's is unarguably the play that gives you the smallest chance of losing.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2015, 06:37:22 pm »
The sequence of plays.. when they took over the ball there was a time out due to change of possession.
New England Patriots at 01:39
1-10-NE 20(1:39) 12-T.Brady kneels to NE 18 for -2 yards.
2-12-NE 18( .57) 12-T.Brady kneels to NE 16 for -2 yards.
3-14-NE 16( .15) 12-T.Brady kneels to NE 15 for -1 yards.

I guess they didn't want to risk a fumble, but running a legitimate play would kill more clock.  And they might have even picked up a first down.  But I suppose running plays weren't part of the gameplan at all.

1st down: 43 seconds
2nd down: 42 second
3rd down: ravens called TO, stopping the clock.

so, if my math is right, the answer to your question:

it's because there was no premature kneeling.  belichick's brilliance is untarnished.

But I suppose running plays weren't part of the gameplan at all.

they were originally part of the plan but that ridiculous ravens run defense took it out of the pat's playbook pretty quickly.  talk about a brick wall.  the patriots got 14 yards on the ground for the entire frikken game.
<sig>