Author Topic: Metro budget proposal eliminates 12am-3am hours  (Read 7671 times)

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Metro budget proposal eliminates 12am-3am hours
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2016, 09:36:48 am »
The metro would be a lot cooler if it cost a lot more and was more exclusive to the upper class. As it stands, it's a moving rape dungeon. It's the FreeFest of transportation.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2016, 09:41:08 am »
The metro would be a lot cooler if it cost a lot more and was more exclusive to the upper class. As it stands, it's a moving rape dungeon. It's the FreeFest of transportation.

They have what you are suggesting. It's called the VRE.

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2016, 10:36:34 am »

They have what you are suggesting. It's called the VRE.
O RLY? Do go on.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2016, 08:59:18 am »
Just curious...if you're a Metro rider and you're facing one of the Metro line closures in the upcoming future, what are you plans? I mean one of the surges where a piece of your line is closed and there's no way to get around it.

Are you...

1. Driving in
2. Taking the shuttlebus provided by Metro
3. some other way of getting to office
4. teleworking

Did your boss give you the option to telework during a line closure?

I'm not a Metro rider, but my wife is. Just curious as to how other employers and workers are handling this.

So yesterday was the first day of Surge #3. My wife's daily roundtrip commute went from two hours to four hours. And *still* her employer of 15+ years insists that she come into the office rather than telework. It's not like she can't successfully telework, she already does it once a week. Assholes.

Sorry, I just had the vent.

hutch

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2016, 09:24:44 am »
Just curious...if you're a Metro rider and you're facing one of the Metro line closures in the upcoming future, what are you plans? I mean one of the surges where a piece of your line is closed and there's no way to get around it.

Are you...

1. Driving in
4. teleworking

I'm not a Metro rider, but my wife is. Just curious as to how other employers and workers are handling this.

So yesterday was the first day of Surge #3. My wife's daily roundtrip commute went from two hours to four hours. And *still* her employer of 15+ years insists that she come into the office rather than telework. It's not like she can't successfully telework, she already does it once a week. Assholes.

I did not realize you had moved to Pennsylvania. What do you guys think of it up there?

Space Freely

« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2016, 10:16:57 am »

Are you...

1. Driving in
4. teleworking

I did not realize you had moved to Pennsylvania. What do you guys think of it up there?

60 mins=10+mins kid drop off and drive to Metro +drive+35 mins Metro to downtown +10+min walk to office.

But to answer your question...we've noticed there are lots of fat people in PA. I'm ok with that, it makes me look better in comparison. Also, Philly gets good beer distribution, so there's that.

hutch

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2016, 10:32:23 am »
if you are spending four hours a day commuting you are doing it wrong....

Yada

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2016, 10:36:16 am »

Are you...

1. Driving in
4. teleworking

Sounds like she needs a new job. Reason #2,432 why I need out of this area is traffic. It just took me 35 minutes to go two miles.

hutch

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2016, 11:08:36 am »

Are you...

1. Driving in
4. teleworking

Sounds like she needs a new job. Reason #2,432 why I need out of this area is traffic. It just took me 35 minutes to go two miles.

I don't have as big a problem with the traffic- which is horrible- as I do with the way people drive.....

Yada

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2016, 11:24:45 am »

Are you...

1. Driving in
4. teleworking

I don't have as big a problem with the traffic- which is horrible- as I do with the way people drive.....

I rarely drive anywhere at rush hour, but when I'm forced to, there's not much you can do other than punch the steering wheel and listen to 88.5.

evilizac

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2016, 11:29:42 am »
It's wild to me the necessity for an hour + commute for a job that then takes eight + hours of one's day
and then we get roughly two days of recuperation to do it all over again.
All this to be told we're lucky to have a job.   

I've considered leaving my job (for more $$$) but I'm woefully under-skilled and more or less don't mind the (20-35min) commute or the people.
WHAT?

hutch

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2016, 11:33:36 am »

Are you...

1. Driving in
4. teleworking

I rarely drive anywhere at rush hour, but when I'm forced to, there's not much you can do other than punch the steering wheel and listen to 88.5.

I just hate people in such a hurry riding my bumper and driving so dangerous... SideofBurntToast can attest to how on the way to the Cure we were sitting in traffic moving at 5 mph and someone honked their horn at me because I left a little space between my car and the car in front... people are just crazy.. and Maryland drivers are the worst.. the way they drive on that stretch of 495 beggars belief... its no wonder there are accidents all the frickin' time there...

ever since my accident where i nearly got killed (through no fault of my own) i like to drive extra safe.. if i'm going 5-10 mph above speed limit why do people have to get so angry... how much is enough? do i need to drive at 90 mph??? what is the frickin' hurry anyways? you're going to save a few minutes of time in the end for your shitty life..