Author Topic: META: I feel the need to address this SGoldberg08 kerfuffle.  (Read 3705 times)

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
META: I feel the need to address this SGoldberg08 kerfuffle.
« on: February 20, 2015, 10:36:42 am »
I feel there has been a lot of confusion about this entire thing, which I feel I should clear up. Let me state for those of you who are mistaken: I was not behind the SGoldberg08 account, and I never intended to seriously give the impression I was.

This whole thing generates from this off hand comment which was one in a string of ridiculous, and increasingly less serious things people "did" because they were bored. I, in no way, thought anyone would take this as anything more than an off-hand joke. Walkie's immediate response of "I will leave the board if Julian is Goldberg" I did not take seriously; I thought it was Walkie being his overly dramatic self.

When other people started going with this, I intentionally never commented on the matter again for two reasons. (1) Because it amused me that people legitimately thought I hijacked a person's social profile to create a throwaway account on here, and (2) because I was certain one of the more logical members of the community (GGW, Smacks, Kosmo, Sweets, et al) were but moments away from pointing out the obviousness that I was not Goldberg. At worst, I thought Yada would contact the owner of the facebook page attached to the registration email and ask for confirmation he was a real person.

So, in short, I did not intend for this to be an actual thing and I'm glad Walkie is back, but a lot of this is on the rest of you for the absolute dearth of critical thinking in breaking this thing down.
LVMH

Yada

Re: META: I feel the need to address this SGoldberg08 kerfuffle.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 10:48:49 am »
I feel there has been a lot of confusion about this entire thing, which I feel I should clear up. Let me state for those of you who are mistaken: I was not behind the SGoldberg08 account, and I never intended to seriously give the impression I was.

This whole thing generates from this off hand comment which was one in a string of ridiculous, and increasingly less serious things people "did" because they were bored. I, in no way, thought anyone would take this as anything more than an off-hand joke. Walkie's immediate response of "I will leave the board if Julian is Goldberg" I did not take seriously; I thought it was Walkie being his overly dramatic self.

When other people started going with this, I intentionally never commented on the matter again for two reasons. (1) Because it amused me that people legitimately thought I hijacked a person's social profile to create a throwaway account on here, and (2) because I was certain one of the more logical members of the community (GGW, Smacks, Kosmo, Sweets, et al) were but moments away from pointing out the obviousness that I was not Goldberg. At worst, I thought Yada would contact the owner of the facebook page attached to the registration email and ask for confirmation he was a real person.

So, in short, I did not intend for this to be an actual thing and I'm glad Walkie is back, but a lot of this is on the rest of you for the absolute dearth of critical thinking in breaking this thing down.

I was never doing anything because I never thought you were him and if you are, you're the biggest loser on the planet!

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 11:11:49 am »
I was never doing anything because I never thought you were him and if you are, you're the biggest loser on the planet!
Well, you were wrong then on virtually every account.
LVMH

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 11:22:37 am »
hmm...I was 99.95% in doubt that you had done it
....but you never denied it, even after walkie walked
I knew you had the capacity and motive...so I was concerned
and we never heard from goldie again
slack

vansmack

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 12:32:45 pm »
Walkonby was gone?
27>34

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 12:36:47 pm »
Walkonby was gone?
Yes, he wrote a long missive about how I had "ruined his trust in wonder" or something.
LVMH

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 12:47:19 pm »
all right, let's not go sucking each others dicks now, shall we?

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2015, 12:48:27 pm »
Walkonby was gone?

God . . . I bet you are seriously hot.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2015, 02:09:34 pm »
Yeah, I won't be convinced that Julian is or is not Goldberg until one of the admins sees fit to let us know.  The admins know all.

hutch

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2015, 02:14:48 pm »
At this point what difference does it make?

(just had to get that in there...)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2015, 02:15:48 pm »
None whatsoever, except that its an unanswered question.  I will not let this bygone be...erm...by gone.

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2015, 02:24:29 pm »
Yeah, I won't be convinced that Julian is or is not Goldberg until one of the admins sees fit to let us know.  The admins know all.
That's absurd. Let me be clear: while I was not Goldberg, I certainly could've been. I have the ability to do it and get away with it. VPNs and proxy servers exist, and I certainly have the dedication and mental acuity to pull off a long-form scam. I could be "Goldberg" any time I want, and no one could stop me. I have the ability. Not that I ever would, but I could.
LVMH

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2015, 02:24:45 pm »
I might, but I probably won't.
LVMH

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2015, 02:25:07 pm »
Anyway, yes, let Kosmo compare the IP addresses.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2015, 02:30:32 pm »
not very convincing...