Author Topic: A rolling compendium of everything Julian eats: a guide to healthy living  (Read 106805 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Quote from: Julian, Verified SHITLORD link=topic=24085.msg409405#msg409405
. . .while reading this article.

"To Lose Weight, Eating Less Is Far More Important Than Exercising More"

Agree with the premise.  But once you're at your target weight, activity becomes more important than how much you eat.  Athletes don't diet and exercise.  They eat and train. Food is fuel. 

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Quote from: Julian, Verified SHITLORD link=topic=24085.msg409405#msg409405
. . .while reading this article.

"To Lose Weight, Eating Less Is Far More Important Than Exercising More"

Agree with the premise.  But once you're at your target weight, activity becomes more important than how much you eat.  Athletes don't diet and exercise.  They eat and train. Food is fuel. 
Of course. Every sane person is going to acknowledge diet + exercise > diet. But just diet > just exercise too.
LVMH

hutch

in other brilliant observations the sun came up today.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
reddit's decision to shut down /r/fatpeoplehate.

this is the best thing i've read in a long time.  good riddance to bad people.
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
I'd much rather have a CD player + a CD, but I guess an empty CD player is good too.

reddit's decision to shut down /r/fatpeoplehate.

this is the best thing i've read in a long time.  good riddance to bad people.
Yes, a website that hosts rape fantasies, pictures of "attractive" corpses/autopsy photos, /r/coontown, snuff film scripts, and neo-nazi propaganda changed its long running rules towards open speech because a group of 250,000+ subscribers who said "obesity is unhealthy and unattractive and if you're obese it's 100% on your decisions so to hell with #fataccepatance" is beyond all common decency.

We live in a country where 2/3rds of people are overweight, and its a health crisis. What's more heinous: the person who says "try eating less, it's not your 'geneticks' or your 'condishuns' fault, its you," or People Magazine who puts a 300 pounds, size 28+ "model" on its cover to promote being morbidly obese? Should we completely ignore a health crisis because it hurts someone's feelings to be forced to acknowledge IT'S 100% ON YOU.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 09:53:09 am by Julian, Verified SHITLORD »
LVMH

I'd much rather have a CD player + a CD, but I guess an empty CD player is good too.
That's hardly an apt analogy.
LVMH

hutch

damn i hate to agree with julian on fat people/obesity...

it is truly amazing how accepted it is to be fat.... in some ways it really is a social disease....

if you're putting on weight as you age STOP FUCKIN' EATING...don't look around you and go "hm...so and so is putting on weight..that guy is putting on weight... let me put some on too! as long as i run my annual half marathon or take my bike out i'm good!"

damn i hate to agree with julian on fat people/obesity...

it is truly amazing how accepted it is to be fat.... in some ways it really is a social disease....

if you're putting on weight as you age STOP FUCKIN' EATING...don't look around you and go "hm...so and so is putting on weight..that guy is putting on weight... let me put some on too! as long as i run my annual half marathon or take my bike out i'm good!"
Good on you!

I mean look at this. Who is harming people, really? The person who says "you're fat, put down the mashed potatoes take a goddamn walk" or the multiple lies on that cover? If that woman is ONLY a size 22, I'm a monkey's uncle. That person is not healthy nor beautiful. They are, invariably, going to die young. I'd rather have my feelings hurt and live three decades longer then die young because no one ever wanted to tell me it was my fault and not magic genetics making me 350 pounds.

And this doesn't even discuss the large communities of obese people who think harassing properly sized humans (particularly women) is totally acceptable.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
Wait.  You're 350 pounds?

Wait.  You're 350 pounds?
No, obviously not. I was speaking hypothetically.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 10:22:03 am by Julian, Verified SHITLORD »
LVMH

i am gay and i like cats

people who bash gay people the loudest, are usually hiding in the closet.  I would have to think the same theory applies to people who openly and loudly bash fat people.  Julian, is a fat ass.  no wonder he started a thread about food.

people who bash gay people the loudest, are usually hiding in the closet. 
Except that isn't true. If you want to find me 100 of the loudest drooling-at-the-mouth ranting gay bashers, sure, 1 or 2 will be closet homosexuals (like the rest of the population at large) but not some significant percentage of them. You're conflating anecdotal news stories with ALL homophobes.

Cue up RatBastard complaining about use of the word homophobe shortly because "no one is AFRAID of gay people!"
LVMH

"no one is AFRAID of gay people!"
I don't know...I'm getting a little afraid of walky and his wanting to punch people in the face
but I guess he is just a person and not representative of all the gays persons living or dead
slack

Yada

people who bash gay people the loudest, are usually hiding in the closet.  I would have to think the same theory applies to people who openly and loudly bash fat people.  Julian, is a fat ass.  no wonder he started a thread about food.

I've said before, based on the friend request Julian sent me he has a few chins in one of his FB pictures.