Author Topic: good places to grab dinner around echostage?  (Read 8909 times)

Got Haggis?

good places to grab dinner around echostage?
« on: June 03, 2015, 09:12:45 am »
Going to my first show at Echostage (Tame Impala)...driving in - looking to grab dinner beforehand and I'm not really familiar with whats around Echostage...other than like Granville Moore's on H St.   Any suggestions?

bearman🐻

Re: good places to grab dinner around echostage?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 09:17:34 am »
I've never been, but Panda Gourmet is supposed to have some of the most authentic Chinese food in DC.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 09:28:52 am »
Depends on what experience you're looking for.  Bardo is like a mile away.  They have beerz and food delivery. 
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 10:03:01 am by grateful »

Space Freely

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 09:30:55 am »
Union Market is two miles away, if their 8pm closing time is not a barrier.

DC Brau is 1.2 miles away, if you're going on a Thurs or Fri night. No food, but you can always BYO like a true punk.

If you want more authentic neighborhood eats, there is a KFC within walking distance.

Yada

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 09:41:13 am »
Toki Underground, Boundary Road, Red Rocks Pizza,  Atlas Room, and Queen Vic.

All worth a visit.

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 09:46:27 am »
Toki Underground,
I just saw this place on a TV show and it looks awesome. The ramen thing was slow to get to Richmond, but goodness it's delicious.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2015, 09:48:44 am »
Toki Underground,
I just saw this place on a TV show and it looks awesome. The ramen thing was slow to get to Richmond, but goodness it's delicious.

Be aware that Toki takes limited reservations during the week and you should show up at 5pm if you want to eat there on the weekend (to be honest, stay the hell away from there on the weekend). However, the Pug or Little Miss Whiskeys are great bars to kill the time at while you wait.

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2015, 09:54:09 am »
Argonaut
1433 H St NE

bout a 1.5 mile walk to Echostage
it's pretty much the first real eatry you will hit in any direction
but I think it's food and beer are top notch

Atlas brewery has food trucks often but they close at 8pm
slack

Yada

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2015, 09:56:59 am »
Toki Underground,

Eating Ramen over the past four years or so has severely impacted my BMI and sodium levels. Admittedly, I had an addiction to a certain dish at Ren's Ramen.

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2015, 09:57:35 am »
anyone know if you can bring food into EchoStage?

Was thinking of getting there really early for the Bel&Seb show to secure a 2nd floor balcony spot
slack

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2015, 09:58:56 am »
Toki Underground,

Eating Ramen over the past four years or so has severely impacted my BMI and sodium levels. Admittedly, I had an addiction to a certain dish at Ren's Ramen.

Satsuma in Bethesda makes really good ramen
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2015, 10:02:49 am »
Toki Underground,

isn't ramen made with meat juice?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2015, 10:17:12 am »
Toki Underground,
Toki is the best ramen in the city. Daikaya is second. Sakuramen is good too but I think everything pales in comparison.

If you're going to be hitting H St I'd suggest stopping by Maketto. I've only been for lunch but it is delicious. It's right next door to rock and roll hotel.
‼‼?‼‼

Yada

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2015, 10:18:50 am »
Toki Underground,
Toki is the best ramen in the city. Daikaya is second. Sakuramen is good too but I think everything pales in comparison.

If you're going to be hitting H St I'd suggest stopping by Maketto. I've only been for lunch but it is delicious. It's right next door to rock and roll hotel.

It's Toki and then nothing even touches it. Daikaya is garbage in my opinion. I prefer Ren's but it's not in the city. I'm looking forward to Momofuku opening up in City Center but I expect that to be a giant scene.

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2015, 10:29:26 am »
Toki Underground,

isn't ramen made with meat juice?
I can't speak for every establishment but the ramen place in RVA definitely has items listed as vegan.
LVMH