Author Topic: ITT, walkie will curse out satellite radio providers.  (Read 2708 times)

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
ITT, walkie will curse out satellite radio providers.
« on: June 17, 2015, 11:14:02 pm »
Exactly what it says on the tin.
LVMH

Relaxer

Re: ITT, walkie will curse out satellite radio providers.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 09:02:32 am »
Who needs satellite radio? Simply turn your radio dial to the left and enjoy a sexy smorgasbord of quality programming from your local public radio station, content that makes you content. Stay awhile, you just may learn something and leave with a smile in your heart.
oword

Relaxer

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 09:05:19 am »
Whether the smooth intonations of Terry Gross, the archly whimsical reporting of Ari Shapiro, or the biting hurts-so-good cynicism of Garrison Keillor, your local NPR station brings the whole world right to you.
oword

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 10:05:06 am »
I like and listen to NPR, mostly due to the fact that Terrestrial radio in the dc region SUCKS A$$

slack

Relaxer

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 10:48:44 am »
Terrific! And don't forget, what you're listening to is not NPR, but rather your local NPR station. Whether it's the area's public radio leader WAMU, where the mind is our medium, or WETA, our home for the best classical music in D. C., or plucky upstart WPFW, which gives voice to the district's under-heard, public radio is alive, well and prospering in Washington, DC.
oword

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 10:54:07 am »
relaxer, the company man.
<sig>

Relaxer

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2015, 10:58:55 am »
Well, who doesn't like a little company! We all do!

So put on a smile
And go turn that dial
to 88.5 for awhile.
oword

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2015, 02:54:49 pm »
I go away, for one day

vansmack

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2015, 06:23:37 pm »
I go away, for one day

I'm sure I'm going to regret asking this, but what's your beef with SiriusXm?
27>34

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2015, 08:42:12 pm »
they canceled my favorite show of all time . . . Derek and Romaine on the OutQ channel, without any notice to the hosts or fans.  no final show, no goodbyes, just, you,re gone.  they had been on for 12 years, they had listener cruises, they made efforts at their own expense to meet fans and go to pride events around the country.  they cared about their followers and made a HUGE impact and difference to a lot of gay people and gave comfort and support to those who were scared to come out to their families.  they raised millions for aids charities and were beloved in the community.  they had kids and families to support, and Sirius just cut their throats without any warning.

I actually got emotional about it, because to me, they were a member of my family and were strangers that I loved like they were not.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2015, 08:46:24 pm »
Sorry they axed ur favorite show. They have just enough channels of interest to keep me on board. Not by a long shot tho.

It definitely makes terrestrial radio intolerable.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2015, 08:50:52 pm »
yeah . . . I was contemplating canceling out of anger and spite, but I actually love Sirius for I listen to a lot of channels like howard every now and again / pearl jam / Sirius xmu / metal channels / edm channels / news / 40s on 4 / 50s on 5 / 90s on 9 / spa / some comedy channels / outq