Author Topic: ITT, we shallowly objectify other people by discussing their appearance.  (Read 58101 times)

walk,on,by

what, a response. 

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
is mila kunis good looking?  I, can't decide.
She's not ugly by any means but I would choose many, many other celebrity women ahead of her.

Also, please feel free to shallowly objectify dudes in this thread. This is 2016, after all.
LVMH

well.. the truth is that unless you see her in person you can't really say... not only is beauty subjective in general but what you see on screen and in pictures is a representation... the real deal is in person..sometimes when you see somebody in person you realize "whoaa I had no idea the person was so small?" or they just look different to you than what you visualized on the screen etc

I happen to think Mila is incredibly attractive.. but if I saw her in person she might just look plain and common... I don't know...
The depth of this comment is in stark contrast to the stated shallow nature of this thread and the intended knee-jerk objectifying comments contained therein. Not cool, dude. Tell us if you'd hit that and rate her numerically or at least put her in competition with another woman solely based on physical attractivness OR GTFO.
LVMH

evilizac

I have always thought that Ryan Gosling has a sort of. . . Mentally dull(. . ?) look to him.
Can a guy get by more on the shape of his body alone than a woman can?
Is this because it's technically socially unacceptable to, for lack of a better word, "focus" on a woman's body?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 11:27:07 am by evilizac »
WHAT?

I have always thought that Ryan Gosling has a sort of. . . Mentally (dull. . ?) look to him.
Can a guy get by more on the shape of his body alone than a woman can?
Is this because it's technically socially unacceptable to, for lack of a better word, "focus" on a woman's body?

I agree and have always felt the same way about Paul Walker. I don't think that dude could figure out how to put a shirt on by himself.
LVMH

hutch

sorry.. I don't know what I was thinking...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.

what are you talking about?!?  our media and popular culture are, for a large part, built on "focusing" on women's bodies (maybe i'm not understanding what you mean by "focus"..."
<sig>

evilizac

I guess I more more trying to point out that for men, a "good body" can trump all else on the attractive scale. I don't think there's such a thing as a male "butterface," just uggos and not. 
I was also attempting to (unsuccessfully) point out the social unacceptability of real world ogling of female bodies which has to also have an effect on how we write, talk and in media objectify bodies as a whole. 
I can feel myself chasing my own tail down a rabbit hole of writing. . . Which is why I probably rarely comment here.   

WHAT?

evilizac

"focus" meant ogling. . . That's it. . . nothing much more to add.
Also, debatable as to whether weight loss positively or negatively impacted Jonah Hill's look but I'm pulling negatively.
WHAT?

vansmack

Integers are too difficult for this type of discussion.

Smackie will stick to "Hot Enough" or "Not Hot Enough"

Anna, Mila and Kate are all "Hot Enough"
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.

if you need some help with integers, i've got a thread for you...
<sig>

if you need some help with integers, i've got a thread for you...
GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL.
LVMH

Space Freely

Actually, with all due respect to Celeste, I would argue vehemently that Anna is not a horse face. That's a completely different shape face. I don't even understand where she's getting that. Rather rat-like features though.

Anna Kendrick or Kate Mara -- and again, lets leave personality out of this objectification, people!! -- who would you choose? Everyone vote!

I'm going to agree with you and say rat face.

In fairness to my wife, she had to think long and hard to even remember who Anna Kendrick is. She doesn't really follow the celebrity pages, and we watch so, so many movies its' hard for her to remember all the actresses.

I'm going to give a half vote to Kate, a half to Anna. Sorry, they're pretty evenly matched. Both solid 7's...ok now that I'm married and 49, maybe they bump up to 8's. And in Smackie language, both "good enough".

I feel like Kate has the better face but Anna the better body and hair.

Which of course prompts me to bring up the obvious evolution of this thread: if we were to create the ideal sexual partner by culling body parts from celebrities (e. g. "Kate Upton's chest", "Emily Ratajkowski's waistline", "Britney Snow's hair" etc) what would make up everyone's personal Frankenstein's sexy (shallowly objectified) monster?
LVMH

vansmack

When I was 11, it was Kelly LeBrock.
27>34