Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 905067 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #2205 on: November 08, 2016, 02:29:10 pm »
^humbleslam
Do you have a HDTV (not even discussing 4k)? After having one for 2-3 years, I found DVDs pretty unwatchable. It's weird going back to SD after you're used to watching HD for everything else.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2206 on: November 08, 2016, 02:35:01 pm »
I recently spent the weekend at a quaint hotel where the only TV was an old school 480i tube style set.  I watched for a grand total of 4 minutes before it became unbearable.  4K seems so...civilized.

hutch

« Reply #2207 on: November 08, 2016, 02:35:35 pm »
^humbleslam
Do you have a HDTV (not even discussing 4k)? After having one for 2-3 years, I found DVDs pretty unwatchable. It's weird going back to SD after you're used to watching HD for everything else.

first of all these technical matters are not my area...

I find some bluerays are pretty poor....its not the DVD format that is the problem but the source material.. many movies I like are very old...but a well produced DVD to me looks amazing....breathtaking.... maybe I'm a bit older than you and remember how shitty things used to be....just the fact you can watch movies in letterbox is INCREDIBLE... i come from the age where they chopped off the sides..I used to record movies on videotape just to get the letterbox version (which was impossible to find for too long)

you can always do better but at some point I just don't care any more....

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #2208 on: November 08, 2016, 02:38:46 pm »
We're getting the Sausage Party dvd through Netflix tonight. Seems like it will be more entertaining than election coverage. Now the only question is which beer to drink with it.
I gave this 2 out of 5 peach emojis

The novelty of a "Pixar" style movie where they cuss and do filthy filthy things wears off pretty quickly. I thought the funniest parts were the food puns. It's been tough for Rogen/Goldberg to get back to that Pineapple Express level of magic.
‼‼?‼‼

« Reply #2209 on: November 08, 2016, 03:50:18 pm »
I just want to say that all of you not in RVA are missing out on one of the most entertaining mayoral elections I've ever seen. The shit that is going down today is the stuff of legends.
LVMH

« Reply #2210 on: November 08, 2016, 04:26:35 pm »
so we should have had a bet on what time do you think they will call it for HRC

what is the earliest they could call it?
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #2211 on: November 08, 2016, 04:41:50 pm »
I just want to say that all of you not in RVA are missing out on one of the most entertaining mayoral elections I've ever seen. The shit that is going down today is the stuff of legends.

I'm all ears. Do tell.

hutch

« Reply #2212 on: November 08, 2016, 04:46:33 pm »
so we should have had a bet on what time do you think they will call it for HRC

what is the earliest they could call it?

Its going to be a long night I'm with Hutch....bigly...believe me

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2213 on: November 08, 2016, 04:52:44 pm »
Isn't the earliest 11pm?  I thought they won't call before polls close on the west coast, Alaska be damned. (and Hawaii).

That's what the Brits are saying anyways.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/what-time-us-election-results-uk-what-is-timetable-for-the-night/
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 04:54:19 pm by I don't know why you calll me cousin oliver »

« Reply #2214 on: November 08, 2016, 04:53:54 pm »
Isn't the earliest 11pm?  I thought they won't call before polls close on the west coast, Alaska be damned. (and Hawaii).
This has never been the case.
LVMH

« Reply #2215 on: November 08, 2016, 04:54:32 pm »

I'm all ears. Do tell.
I'll type up a primer shortly. This makes the national race look like tiddlywinks.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #2216 on: November 08, 2016, 04:55:58 pm »
they've called presidential elections as early as 9ish ...recently..

but that will not happen tonight.... have you looked at the exit polls or read the turnout numbers of the blacks?

Yada

« Reply #2217 on: November 08, 2016, 04:56:12 pm »

I'm all ears. Do tell.
I'll type up a primer shortly. This makes the national race look like tiddlywinks.

let me save you some time.

http://wtop.com/virginia/2016/11/richmond-mayor-race-sex-scandals-comebacks-party-clashes/

Space Freely

« Reply #2218 on: November 08, 2016, 05:09:53 pm »

I'm all ears. Do tell.

let me save you some time.

http://wtop.com/virginia/2016/11/richmond-mayor-race-sex-scandals-comebacks-party-clashes/

I found these. The first adds some new fuel to the fire. The second does not add anything new, but it's a great read.

http://www.richmond.com/news/local/city-of-richmond/article_5d8e9b64-c12e-595a-8296-92afe6971478.html

http://www.theroot.com/articles/politics/2016/11/i-dont-understand-richmond-va-mayoral-candidate-and-alleged-pervert-joe-morrissey/

But I'm happy to get Juilan's take on it as well.

« Reply #2219 on: November 08, 2016, 05:12:49 pm »
That's not totally current. Baliles pulled out and endorsed Stoney and Morrissey then went out and printed "sample ballots" listing Morrissey as the Democratic Candidate for Mayor. Stoney then sued because he's the official Dem party candidate.

Then today, more "volunteer groups" papering for Morrissey at some locations AND LISTING REPUBLICAN PARTY SAMPLE BALLOTS LISTING BERRY AS THE REPUBLICAN. (Berry is a Democrat in name -- although by far the most pro-business conservative in the race -- and this is a clear attempt to smear him with black voters.)

Also hundreds of confirmed ballots with Morrissey pre-marked. It's a shitshow.
LVMH