Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 904531 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #3330 on: July 13, 2018, 12:16:09 pm »
i was looking forward to seeing that balloon float majestically over london, but the reality is underwhelming... i was hoping for something much bigger.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #3331 on: July 13, 2018, 12:27:56 pm »
didn't you know that trump is more popular than Lincoln

British tabloid The Sun  interviewed Donald Trump:
“You know, a poll just came out that I am the most popular person in the history of the Republican Party—92 per cent. Beating Lincoln. I beat our Honest

I hate to give Bush II any props....
aftermath of 9/11 George W. Bush had a 90 percent overall approval rating and his popularity among Republicans was 98 percent at one point.

also...polling in the 1800s...really
I just don't understand how educated people listen to the things he says and are like 'I'm ok with him lying all the time'

Ummm cause they are not educated

vansmack

« Reply #3332 on: July 13, 2018, 12:33:33 pm »
For your weekend reading pleasure.....

The minority majority

America’s electoral system gives the Republicans advantages over Democrats

The constitution was not designed for the two-party politics it unwittingly encouraged
27>34

« Reply #3333 on: July 13, 2018, 01:45:40 pm »
^depressing
even if Democrats won the national vote by six percentage points over a six-year cycle, they would probably still be a minority in both houses.
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #3334 on: July 13, 2018, 04:11:49 pm »
Looks like the shooter was once a co-worker of Rhett's.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/06/29/us/jarrod-ramos-annapolis-shooting.html?action=click&module=Top%20Stories&pgtype=Homepage

I think they share the same hair stylist as well.

Can we get a response from Space on this guy? Were you guys buddies?

I've never heard of this idiot until the Capital Gazette shooting.

Space Freely

« Reply #3335 on: July 16, 2018, 02:04:54 pm »
Anybody have any doubts that after today, Trump is now king for life?

« Reply #3336 on: July 16, 2018, 02:38:32 pm »
For your weekend reading pleasure.....
The minority majority
America’s electoral system gives the Republicans advantages over Democrats
The constitution was not designed for the two-party politics it unwittingly encouraged
As you know, the concept of that came up perhaps a little before, but it came out as a reason why the Democrats lost an election, which frankly, they should have been able to win, because the Electoral College is much more advantageous for Democrats, as you know, than it is to Republicans.
-pretty damn obvious who said this....

Obviously the hacks at the economist are putting out fake news
slack

« Reply #3337 on: July 16, 2018, 02:39:15 pm »
Anybody have any doubts that after today, Trump is now king for life?
so much happens in the news cycle lately with Trump...you have to be more specific

I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 02:47:54 pm by Sidehatch ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı »
slack

hutch

« Reply #3338 on: July 16, 2018, 02:49:35 pm »
Trump and Republicans are traitors

Space Freely

Space Freely

« Reply #3340 on: July 16, 2018, 03:04:22 pm »

I don't understand why Republicans would continue to go along with this. What is different about Republicans in 2018 than Republicans in the Nixon era? Do the Russians have compromising information on them as well as Trump?

« Reply #3341 on: July 16, 2018, 03:16:00 pm »
I don't understand why Republicans would continue to go along with this. What is different about Republicans in 2018 than Republicans in the Nixon era? Do the Russians have compromising information on them as well as Trump?

That is the theory that was floated this weekend by a friend of mine
that during the primaries...senior GOP officials also worked with Russia...but at that time it was to make sure Trump didn't win
but it kinda backfired and they got stuck in the middle of this
but the prints are all over the gun...

Not sure I buy that, but makes sense as they are so willing to go to the mat for him

Why does everything go Putin’s way...
slack

gavroche

« Reply #3342 on: July 16, 2018, 03:41:49 pm »
Can we just change the name of this topic to "Maybe we should just elect Putin President" and be done with it?

« Reply #3343 on: July 16, 2018, 04:35:32 pm »
Felt like reviewing the genesis of this thread

One one hand, he and almost all of his supporters are the kind of people who are wrong about everything, have no idea what's going on, are mad for no real reason, and aren't interested in learning anything.
On the other hand, it might be fun to have a president that just yells and insults people all the time.
Relaxer called it first here in this thread...only jokingly 
sept 2015...jez those were halcyon days

I do have to disagree on the fun part...it was fun in the election cycle when we thought there was no chance he could win

I know this is the conventional wisdom, but I just cannot see Trump winning the nomination. At some point, he's going to be confronted with questions about what he would actually DO as president. And even if he gets some ghost-written "positions" he's going to have a Perry moment where someone questions him on "his" positions and he'll have no idea. I mean, the guy has zero shame so maybe he can blowhard past that, but at some point, this has to catch up with him. Doesn't it? I mean, he's defied all the laws of politics for months now, but I just cannot see The Establishment allowing him to be the nominee.

And if/when he goes down, who replaces him depends on who's left. Jeb and Rubio seem like the most mainstream options but it feels like Jeb is slowly flaming out and joining Walker and Paul in the LOL category.

but even as the Primary debates were happening even he didn't think Trump had a chance
 some how nothing stuck, Teflon Don for reals

I guess no one factored the Russian meddling...
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 04:56:49 pm by Sidehatch ılılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılılı »
slack

vansmack

« Reply #3344 on: July 16, 2018, 05:58:16 pm »
I haven't read a Thomas Friedman op-ed from start to finish in a while:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/16/opinion/trump-and-putin-vs-america.html

"From the beginning of his administration, President Trump has responded to every new bit of evidence from the C.I.A., F.B.I. and N.S.A. that Russia intervened in our last election on his behalf by either attacking Barack Obama or the Democrats for being too lax — never President Vladimir Putin of Russia for his unprecedented cyberhit on our democratic process. Such behavior by an American president is so perverse, so contrary to American interests and values, that it leads to only one conclusion: Donald Trump is either an asset of Russian intelligence or really enjoys playing one on TV."
27>34