Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 905089 times)

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #3885 on: January 08, 2020, 04:55:32 pm »
I'm somewhat glad there was no response
it ended up being a win-win
no Casualties and Iran said it sent a dozen missiles at US bases

I love how he blamed Obama for all the problems with Iran

What always grinds my gears is how the right is always like
Obama GAVE iran billions to buy bombs to attack us

Um, in the 70s Iran paid $400 mil for fighter jets it never got
we held on to that for close to 40 years...so any business deal would say, you have to pay interest over that time
sadly that came out to 1.7 bill
also it was given in cash, because we have sanctions on Iran that don't allow bank transfers

It was their money and it was a good bargaining chip to bring them to the table and negotiate
while the negotiations may have not be perfect, it was a step in the right direction

unlike these current steps
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3886 on: January 08, 2020, 05:46:43 pm »
We sure live in wacky times...Trump says any attack will be met with attack on 52 sites...they attack us with missiles and our response is to say all good

Must be first time in US history we will just shrug off missiles being lobbed at us

It’s just all so bush league and unreal

it was all arranged.  both sides realized there was a high chance of shit getting real, really fast.  everyone agreed that they had to back away, but iran said they couldn't for domestic political reasons (the iranian-on-the-street wouldn't accept a complete stand-down, since iran was "owed" a revenge freebie).  so they came up with a plan: "hey, iran, you shoot a few missiles at us but don't hit anything valuable.  here's a list of a few buildings used to store cleaning supplies and spare parts.  blow 'em up.  you tell your story, "we got 'em good"; we'll tell our story "no damage it's all good", and we can all go to bed."  the end.

for now.
<sig>

« Reply #3887 on: January 08, 2020, 06:04:26 pm »
We sure live in wacky times...Trump says any attack will be met with attack on 52 sites...they attack us with missiles and our response is to say all good

Must be first time in US history we will just shrug off missiles being lobbed at us

It’s just all so bush league and unreal

it was all arranged.  both sides realized there was a high chance of shit getting real, really fast.  everyone agreed that they had to back away, but iran said they couldn't for domestic political reasons (the iranian-on-the-street wouldn't accept a complete stand-down, since iran was "owed" a revenge freebie).  so they came up with a plan: "hey, iran, you shoot a few missiles at us but don't hit anything valuable.  here's a list of a few buildings used to store cleaning supplies and spare parts.  blow 'em up.  you tell your story, "we got 'em good"; we'll tell our story "no damage it's all good", and we can all go to bed."  the end.

for now.
I really wish our administration could act with such finesse...but I highly doubt it
some suggest this was Putin's solution to this issue and was implemented masterfully in coordination with Iran

I don't know if Iran has the tech to send a dozen or so missiles into a base and be that surgical to not cause any casualties...the odds are off the charts

but it happened and I for one am glad as it allow both to de-esclate and save face
slack

vansmack

« Reply #3888 on: January 08, 2020, 06:07:24 pm »

for now.

Somebody gets it.  You just left out the "tell your state media whatever you want" part.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #3889 on: January 08, 2020, 06:09:03 pm »

some suggest this was Putin's solution to this issue and was implemented masterfully in coordination with Iran

I don't know if Iran has the tech to send a dozen or so missiles

For part one, that may explain the coincidence of the Ukrainian air liner.

Also, don't confuse missiles with what the Israeli's refer to as "rockets"....
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #3890 on: January 08, 2020, 06:12:11 pm »
Also, here is the non-deepfake version of the Iraqi Parliament vote:

https://twitter.com/Jordanmullarke1/status/1214962030815391746
27>34

« Reply #3891 on: January 08, 2020, 06:18:39 pm »

that wins the internet today!
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3892 on: January 08, 2020, 07:31:06 pm »

that wins the internet today!
Early leader in the clubhouse for Winning the Internet for all of 2020 for me.
LVMH

« Reply #3893 on: January 08, 2020, 07:41:55 pm »

for now.

Somebody gets it.  You just left out the "tell your state media whatever you want" part.
written by a good friend
 Joint Chiefs chairman: Iran intended to kill American troops in missile attacks https://politi.co/2QBJOGT

....and that advance intelligence enabled troops to take cover.
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3894 on: January 08, 2020, 08:36:28 pm »
You just left out the "tell your state media whatever you want" part.

that's exactly what i meant by:

you tell your story, "we got 'em good"; we'll tell our story "no damage it's all good"
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #3895 on: January 08, 2020, 09:08:04 pm »
advance intelligence

That's a code for one country brokered the attack between the two adverse parties.  My money would be on Iraq, but it was more likely one of the Gulf Emirates.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #3896 on: January 08, 2020, 09:16:26 pm »

that's exactly what i meant by:

you tell your story, "we got 'em good"; we'll tell our story "no damage it's all good"

Sorry, I didn't equate "we got 'em good" as the same as "80 dead, 200 injured" but I could see how some could.  That's more in line with "whatever you want" to me.
27>34

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3897 on: January 08, 2020, 10:52:08 pm »
And what are we to make of the "earthquake" near one of Irans nuclear plants today? Are we supposed to believe that they built a nuclear plant on a fault line?

My guess is that it was either bombed, or they conducted an underground test...

hutch

« Reply #3898 on: January 09, 2020, 01:33:43 am »
Trump is a bullshitter

That’s all there is to it really...it’s just that simple

Yet no matter how much he bullshits many Americans just can’t bring themselves to admit he is a bullshitter and the media largely can’t do it either so we are left to come up with all these scenarios to make sense of all the bullshit we can’t accept...

I am fed up...can you tell?

I have been feeling really really homesick for Buenos Aires...the Government sucks there but nobody pretends otherwise and everyone is in on the joke...

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #3899 on: January 09, 2020, 10:54:26 am »
Trump is a bullshitter

That’s all there is to it really...it’s just that simple

More relevant than ever.
😐 🎶