Author Topic: Podcast recommendations  (Read 32977 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Podcast recommendations
« on: November 19, 2015, 11:22:10 am »
I have a drive coming up for Thanksgiving and would like something other than NPR to listen to. Last year, Miss P recommended Serial which I greatly enjoyed. Can someone recommend something similar? What podcasts do you guys like?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 02:41:36 pm by Julian, Coastal ELITE »
LVMH

Re: Podcast recommendations
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 11:26:25 am »
apparently there are hours more of podcasts related to that serial story and new information that has surfaced.

I can't get myself to get excited any more though

slack

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 11:28:34 am »
apparently there are hours more of podcasts related to that serial story and new information that has surfaced.
Yeah, I've followed some of that on reddit. Its pretty obvious he's guilty (albeit this was not proven to a legal standard imho), not really interested in indulging it any more.

I was hoping season 2 would be out by now (supposedly about Bergdahl) but its not.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 11:52:37 am »
I'm enjoying the Gimlet stuff, and to some extent the Maximum Fun content too.

K8teebug

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 11:54:52 am »
I'm loving Womp It Up. It's the ladies from Playing House, but it's funnier than the show.

Marc Maron has some really good interviews on WTF, my husband loves the Dead Authors podcast, but I personally can't get into it, The Moth, Radio Lab, and the classic This American Life.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2015, 11:57:31 am »
Risk! is sort of like The Moth, but R-rated.

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2015, 12:01:13 pm »
Risk! is sort of like The Moth, but R-rated.
These appear to basically be people telling stories, yes? Why am I supposed to care?

I'm not trying to be funny, I don't get it.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2015, 12:23:57 pm »
Those podcasts are not meant for people like you.

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2015, 12:24:43 pm »
Those podcasts are not meant for people like you.
:(

LVMH

stevewizzle

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2015, 01:05:46 pm »
I'm loving Womp It Up. It's the ladies from Playing House, but it's funnier than the show.

Marc Maron has some really good interviews on WTF, my husband loves the Dead Authors podcast, but I personally can't get into it, The Moth, Radio Lab, and the classic This American Life.

WTF is always worth checking. he's had so many great people on his show and he does a fantastic job asking interesting questions.

i'll throw out an outdated podcast that i loved: you look nice today. i think it fits your type of humor.

there's also roderick on the line (john roderick and marlin mann). it's like amateur punditry.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2015, 01:06:56 pm »
aren't there any fat-hate podcasts out there?  have none of the sanctimonious jerks that make up that group evolved to the point of figuring out how to use a computer and a microphone?  or is podcasting too personal and too identifiable, and fat-haters generally can't make it past firing anonymous missives from behind the security of a keyboard?
<sig>

walk,on,by

Bagley

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2015, 01:20:05 pm »
No idea about podcasts but how about Garth Risk Hallberg's City On Fire as spoken word?

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2015, 01:27:20 pm »
aren't there any fat-hate podcasts out there?  have none of the sanctimonious jerks that make up that group evolved to the point of figuring out how to use a computer and a microphone?  or is podcasting too personal and too identifiable, and fat-haters generally can't make it past firing anonymous missives from behind the security of a keyboard?
It's really more of a visible medium.
LVMH

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2015, 01:29:19 pm »
LVMH