Author Topic: Human Weight Issues  (Read 51106 times)

hutch

Re: Human Weight Issues
« Reply #105 on: September 14, 2016, 04:21:28 pm »
well.. anyways.. he's fat... when was our last fat president? was Bubba fat? if not you'd have to go way back I think....Taft?

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #106 on: September 14, 2016, 04:22:41 pm »
well.. anyways.. he's fat... when was our last fat president? was Bubba fat? if not you'd have to go way back I think....Taft?
Taft was enormous. Bubba had weight issues but they fluctuated so you have to pick a specific Bubba.
LVMH

« Reply #107 on: September 14, 2016, 04:24:16 pm »
T. Roosevelt followed by Taft may have been the darkest 12 year span in American weight-related history. Everyone forgets Roosevelt was obese as fuck.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2016, 04:31:37 pm »
T. Roosevelt followed by Taft may have been the darkest 12 year span in American weight-related history. Everyone forgets Roosevelt was obese as fuck.

I thought Teddy was just pure muscle?

But yes.. dark times...

« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2016, 04:34:15 pm »
I thought Teddy was just pure muscle?
He had 40 pounds of muscle around his waistline then.
LVMH

« Reply #110 on: September 14, 2016, 04:36:51 pm »
I mean, he's remember as this great sportsman and alpha-male but look at him:

He rode on a horse and shot things. Pulling a trigger doesn't burn calories. Roosevelt was the early-1900s version of a fratboy lacrosse player who puts on 60 lbs his first two years out of college but still walks around the rest of his life convinced that his former glories happened earlier that day.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #111 on: September 14, 2016, 04:40:37 pm »
yes well.. those were different times... I guess he was kind of like Hemingway in some ways... another "athlete" that liked to participate in competitive barstool sitting competitions...

I hate to hold his weight against him as he's one of my favorite presidents.. but I guess I will have to ... just to be fair...I guess I always thought of him as big boned and brawny....more than flabby and obese....

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #112 on: September 14, 2016, 04:55:56 pm »
He rocks those C-bridge pince-nezes tho.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #113 on: September 14, 2016, 05:04:24 pm »
Taft was enormous. Bubba had weight issues but they fluctuated so you have to pick a specific Bubba.

to billy's credit, he jogged.  occasionally involved a stop for a big mac, but he was able to lay down a few miles.

trump doesn't exercise, at all (no, golf isn't exercise).  in case of an emergency, the secret service would have trouble evacuating him - he'd be huffing and puffing, likely passing out before he makes it to the limo/chopper/bunker/etc.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #114 on: September 14, 2016, 05:09:11 pm »
Trump says campaigning is his exercise

Donald Trump, 69, Sleeps 4 Hours a Night and Doesn't Work Out Because 'Making America Great Again, You Get a Lot of Exercise'

Trump doesn't exercise, and other things we've learned from the Dr. Oz interview

His main form of exercise is talking a lot, apparently: ?I never thought it, but speaking is almost a form of exercise,? Trump told People. ?It?s very exhilarating. Last night I was in Knoxville for 12,000 people. When you are speaking to 12,000 great people, you don?t feel like eating.?

As for more traditional exercise, Trump golfs. He says while some people might not consider it to be exercise, ?It keeps you away from the refrigerator because you?re out on the course.?

Here?s How The Presidential Candidates Eat, Sleep And Work Out
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #115 on: September 14, 2016, 05:14:01 pm »
Donald Trump said he weighed 236 pounds and stands 6' 3" during his Oz interview, per attendees. BMI calculator puts him at 29.5, overweight

per other sources (see my links above), the weight mentioned during the Oz show was 267 pounds.  if we believe 6'3", and 267 is right, BMI = 33.4.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #116 on: September 14, 2016, 09:39:04 pm »

to billy's credit, he jogged.  occasionally involved a stop for a big mac, but he was able to lay down a few miles.

trump doesn't exercise, at all (no, golf isn't exercise).  in case of an emergency, the secret service would have trouble evacuating him - he'd be huffing and puffing, likely passing out before he makes it to the limo/chopper/bunker/etc.

Golf IS exercise, if you're not using a golf cart. Four miles of walking per day isn't too shabby for a 70 year old.

A golf course averages about 6500 yards. For the sake of math, let's make that 6800. There 1720 yards per mile. That results in 4 miles of straight line walking.

killsaly

« Reply #117 on: September 14, 2016, 09:46:14 pm »
where are you getting this info?  like other (real) athletes, wrestlers have an incentive to lie about their height.  so does trump... methinks everyone in your pictures can't be trusted to self-report their heights honestly.
You do not think Stone Cold Steve Austin is 6' 1"?   And how is he not an "athlete"?  He played football into his college years and was a professional wrestler for a decade...

Definition of athlete:  "a person who is proficient in sports and other forms of physical exercise"

Just because pro wrestling matches have predetermined endings does not mean the competitors are not athletes...

hutch

« Reply #118 on: September 14, 2016, 09:50:53 pm »
where are you getting this info?  like other (real) athletes, wrestlers have an incentive to lie about their height.  so does trump... methinks everyone in your pictures can't be trusted to self-report their heights honestly.
You do not think Stone Cold Steve Austin is 6' 1"?   And how is he not an "athlete"?  He played football into his college years and was a professional wrestler for a decade...

Definition of athlete:  "a person who is proficient in sports and other forms of physical exercise"

Just because pro wrestling matches have predetermined endings does not mean the competitors are not athletes...

competitors in a competition with predetermined endings? more like actors

killsaly

« Reply #119 on: September 14, 2016, 09:51:28 pm »
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/athlete

: a person who is trained in or good at sports, games, or exercises that require physical skill and strength