Author Topic: You are not logged in....  (Read 1330 times)

vansmack

You are not logged in....
« on: July 07, 2008, 05:00:00 pm »
...but you can still post.

So in all of my tweaking over the weekend, I inadvertantly stumbled onto a fix for those on the board that are able to sign in, but appear as logged out when they get in the forum.  Those that have experienced this know this keeps you from being able to preview posts and see when you have PMs waiting for you.

Now, this is a simple fix, but will erase some settings in IE7.  Most notably you will have to go back through each add-on and allow access (you know, that yellow bar that pops up when you visit a web site and says ??do you want to allow this Active X control?? ?? you??ll have to say yes all over again for each web site you previously visited).  In addition, for any web site that you previously allowed to save your username and password, you??ll have to re-enter it.

So, if you wish to continue after reading all that, complete the following steps:

</font>
  • <font size="2" face="Arial, Veranda">Open IE7.</font></li>
  • <font size="2" face="Arial, Veranda">Click Tools-->Internet Options</font></li>
  • <font size="2" face="Arial, Veranda">Click the Advanced Tab.</font></li>
  • <font size="2" face="Arial, Veranda">At the bottom, you will see a ??Reset?? button.</font></li>
  • <font size="2" face="Arial, Veranda">Click that and instruct IE7 to go back to the original settings.</font></li>
  • <font size="2" face="Arial, Veranda">Close IE.</font></li>
<font size="2" face="Arial, Veranda">
 The next time you visit the forum, you will be asked to re-enter your username and password.  Once done, you will appear as logged in at the top of the screen.

The good news is I was doing this to fix a Remote Access issue, but it actually fixed about 4 or 5 other problems I was having, so it turned out to be a worthwhile fix.
27>34

walkonby

Re: You are not logged in....
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 08:00:00 pm »
i miss the good ole days of licking stamps.