Author Topic: Why won't Pearl Jam play Verizon Center?  (Read 6576 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Why won't Pearl Jam play Verizon Center?
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2016, 11:59:46 am »
I want them to play VC because it will make my transportation costs as minimal as possible. All the BS involved with the arena would make it worth it.

an understandable opinion, but one that i don't agree with.  i go to concerts for quality of the show, not what happens before and after.  at best it's a minor consideration.  for a band that can put on as good a show as PJ can, i'll slog through some traffic.

and how anyone can complain about VC being soul-less and prefer The Lube is beyond me...

I like to look at the sky and breathe fresh air???

There are lots of things about me that are beyond you and will always be.....just ignore them.. don't get rattled...or bothered...

dude.  i recognized the other person's opinion, and politely stated that i disagree.  it's called a discussion.
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2016, 01:39:12 pm »
Wait.  Rhett still uses an ipod?
27>34

Space Freely

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2016, 01:46:45 pm »
Wait.  Rhett still uses an ipod?

I also have a turntable and a cd player. And a (sometimes) working cassette player in my 95 Saturn.

hutch

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2016, 01:50:56 pm »

Does this post get the Hutch seal of approval? Frankly, I think it's boring and wisecracks are more fun.

I don't find your wisecracks wise or fun...  its wise and fun to ask if i'm taking my kids to see iggy pop in philly? my three year old? seriously? its wise to comment on a pearl jam thread proud about not having a clue who mike mccready is?  thats all just trolling .. you know it too.... because you don't come on this board to discuss stuff. more like troll, feel superior about your life choices, brag about your kid etc...  and if someone makes a point or is discussing something of interest to them- wait for it- you respond with "wise"cracks..

Let me ask you, do you get your own seal of approval for doing that? you think you're clever? wise? really?

bob72

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2016, 02:04:36 pm »
Andrew Wood is rolling over in his grave. He had the most beautiful hair
PENIS

hutch

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2016, 02:06:33 pm »

its interesting how different Mother Love Bone was to Pearl Jam..

Space Freely

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2016, 02:10:37 pm »

Does this post get the Hutch seal of approval? Frankly, I think it's boring and wisecracks are more fun.

I don't find your wisecracks wise or fun...  its wise and fun to ask if i'm taking my kids to see iggy pop in philly? my three year old? seriously? its wise to comment on a pearl jam thread proud about not having a clue who mike mccready is?  thats all just trolling .. you know it too.... because you don't come on this board to discuss stuff. more like troll, feel superior about your life choices, brag about your kid etc...  and if someone makes a point or is discussing something of interest to them- wait for it- you respond with "wise"cracks..

Let me ask you, do you get your own seal of approval for doing that? you think you're clever? wise? really?

Sorry, for some reason I thought your kids were older. I would say kudos to your wife for letting you go to Philly on a Friday night and leaving her all alone with the young ones but it sounds like you had the excuse of visiting family in Philly.  :)

I know who Mike McReady is, I was just having fun dismissing Pearl Jam. People still follow them? Their music seems so 90's. I thought maybe they had gone the way of Good Charlotte.

bob72

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2016, 02:16:53 pm »

I know, imagine how the 90's alt/punk/grunge explosion and today's musical landscapes might be had he not died
PENIS

Space Freely

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2016, 02:25:47 pm »

I bought one of their cassettes but the music was so cheesy! I wonder if i still have that cassette. Did you prefer them to Pearl Jam?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 02:27:33 pm by Space Freely »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2016, 02:48:12 pm »
I thought maybe they had gone the way of Good Charlotte.

Good Charlotte w/ Waterparks
WED 4/20/16
930 Club

*Sold out*
<sig>