Author Topic: Missing from The Atlantis Kick Off List...  (Read 3626 times)

Space Freely

Re: Missing from The Atlantis Kick Off List...
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2023, 09:45:50 pm »
The Hold Steady

I'm disappointed no My Morning Jacket.

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2023, 09:49:16 pm »
León bridges

Mmj… agreed
Think ths is on the ‘not friend’s’ list
« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 10:00:07 pm by WeakestOfSauces ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Hutch

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2023, 09:59:35 pm »
Taylor Swift

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2023, 10:01:04 pm »
Taylor Swift
now we are talking
Although I think she makes like 1 million per show, that’s a lot of $44 tix
slack

Yada

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2023, 05:02:24 am »
If only there were bands that lived in DC who could open these shows for little to no money whatsoever. You know like a local . . . opener.

I've just blown everyone at IMPs mind, I know.

You forgot to log into your azahgal account.

Space Freely

« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2023, 07:28:35 am »
León bridges

Mmj… agreed

I was sort of joking about Hold Steady because it seems like they would be on a not friends list.

But MMJ is playing Anthem in July. Maybe they are busy the other nights around the date.

Yada

« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2023, 09:43:18 am »
León bridges

Mmj… agreed

I was sort of joking about Hold Steady because it seems like they would be on a not friends list.

But MMJ is playing Anthem in July. Maybe they are busy the other nights around the date.

I think the capded crusader's stock is falling... their last 13+ years of material has been bad and they can't even sell out the Anthem now...

As hutch said in another thread, maybe this is where MMJ will go to die in a few years. Their farewell tour can end at the Atlantis.

Space Freely

« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2023, 09:50:06 am »
León bridges

Mmj… agreed

I think the capded crusader's stock is falling... their last 13+ years of material has been bad and they can't even sell out the Anthem now...

As hutch said in another thread, maybe this is where MMJ will go to die in a few years. Their farewell tour can end at the Atlantis.

My other thought was that bands who are playing larger venues (Pixies, Franz, DCFC/Gibbard, etc) have already sold out or maybe look like they will, so adding them to the Atlantis list won't affect their bigger venue ticket sales. Maybe they are confident MMJ is not going to sell out the Anthem based on early ticket sales, so won't take away Anthem ticket sale by adding an Atlantis night. Or something like that.

I agree that MMJ material has fallen off, but feel like there's enough good stuff fro mall eras to cull from to still make it a great show. I'm thinking I'll be able to Stubhub the Anthem show, just like I stubhubbed the Merriweather show a few years ago.