Author Topic: The Pokemon Go thread  (Read 18279 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: The Pokemon Go thread
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2016, 09:43:47 am »
This Guy Got Caught Cheating on His Girlfriend While Playing Pokémon Go
http://www.bravotv.com/blogs/guy-gets-caught-cheating-while-playing-the-pokemon-go
<sig>

killsaly

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2016, 09:55:47 am »
I hope they resolve the issue with the app freezing while capturing Pokemons, it locks up seemingly always when that rare one appears. 
The plural of Pokemon is Pokemon; not Pokemons.

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2016, 10:02:55 am »
I hope they resolve the issue with the app freezing while capturing Pokemons, it locks up seemingly always when that rare one appears. 
The plural of Pokemon is Pokemon; not Pokemons.
Pokemii
LVMH

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2016, 10:04:13 am »
Yeah, it also freezes up for me when I hit some pokestops or when I try to transfer some of my Pokémon to the professor or whatever. Other than that it's not so bad and it doesn't happen often enough to keep me off.

I ran into a Meowth last night when I was waiting at the pharmacy, but as I walked around it kept popping on and off of my radar, which was super annoying. I also went to a "friendly" [Valor, duh] gym and "trained". Battling is weird. Got XP and won my first one though!

For all the big talk about how Valor is the best team, I seem to run in to way more Instinct and Mystic gyms... Either way, it's fun to play a game while walking around the city instead of scrolling through social media reading about politics and racism for a change.

One complaint I have is that you have to keep the game open in order for it to track how much you walk to hatch your eggs. I got a 10km egg and it's gonna take me forever to hatch it because I have to keep the app open and it just eats your battery!
‼‼?‼‼

killsaly

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2016, 10:31:15 am »
Put your phone on top of a turntable, and let it spin.  That is a cheat to hatch eggs without walking. ;D

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2016, 10:40:41 am »
Put your phone on top of a turntable, and let it spin.  That is a cheat to hatch eggs without walking. ;D
already posted in vinyl isn't dead thread and confused hutch
slack

killsaly

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2016, 10:50:09 am »
I don't read that thread.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2016, 11:04:53 am »
Oh man I'd get yelled at if I did that hahaha

I wonder how it calibrates, it must shut off at a certain speed. I've had it open in my car to see if it works and it won't calculate the whole trip, but when I slow down it definitely calculates some. When I'm sitting in traffic I'll just pop it open to cheat a little lol. Got a Psyduck out of one and a Clefairy.
‼‼?‼‼

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2016, 11:07:55 am »
That's just a crazy hack.. I bet it works for Ingress as well.  Gonna get me a distance badge;)
T.Rex

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2016, 12:25:20 pm »
Quebec Man Is First Person In Canada To Crash Car And Injure People While Playing Pokémon GO
http://www.mtlblog.com/2016/07/quebec-man-is-first-person-in-canada-to-crash-car-and-injure-people-while-playing-pokemon-go/#

for jules:
Sore Legs Become Pandemic As Pokémon Go Players Accidentally Get Exercise
http://gizmodo.com/sore-legs-become-pandemic-as-pokemon-go-players-acciden-1783402931
<sig>

K8teebug

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2016, 01:13:13 pm »
I didn't understand Pokemon in 1995 and I don't get it now.

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2016, 01:15:25 pm »
^like satchmo said...If you have to ask...
slack

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2016, 01:34:48 pm »

Sore Legs Become Pandemic As Pokémon Go Players Accidentally Get Exercise
http://gizmodo.com/sore-legs-become-pandemic-as-pokemon-go-players-acciden-1783402931
HAHAH!

My buddy is a cop and he usually has to drive around slowly and walk around on patrol on his night shift and he says he's caught tons of people in parks after dark or just driving slowly down the street looking for Pokémon related stuff lmao.

TOOK OVER MY FIRST GYM TODAY!!!!!
‼‼?‼‼

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2016, 01:40:41 pm »
I'm surprised they haven't put some kind of curfew into the game, to keep people from playing all hours.  And a lot of public parks have hours anyways.  And I clearly do not understand the gym thing, because I went up against someone I was sure I'd beat and not so much..
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2016, 02:43:46 pm »
Well I just figured out why I was so poorly in the gym... Sometimes it makes sense to actually read the instructions... Not I actually have to interact with the game even more
T.Rex