Author Topic: The Pokemon Go thread  (Read 18317 times)

Re: The Pokemon Go thread
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2016, 09:18:20 am »
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2016, 10:52:10 am »
pokemon go is clearly a national security threat:

'Pokemon Go' Players Accidentally Cross Illegally Into U.S. From Canada
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/pokemon-go-fans-accidentally-cross-illegally-u-s-canada-n615571

BUILD THAT WALL
<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2016, 07:39:40 pm »
poke radar

From what I can tell the apps rely on the reports of other users, so most of them are pretty useless at this point.  This website is supposedly the best, although based on watching I'm sure how entirely accurate it is.  although it certainly would explain why i rarely see pokemon near the pokestops minute from my abode...

https://pokevision.com/
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2016, 08:03:24 pm »
of course this whole when pokemon occur really has me confused, they most only appear when there people in the area or where people wander often because i occasionally get pokemon well away from pokestops.  but it's most confusing seeing pokemon's popping up along the highway while kosmette was driving along i-95, which makes no sense because in theory pokemon would only be seen in areas considered walkable.. oh well
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2016, 09:02:16 pm »
So when it's up the pokevision website looks like it worthwhile resource, the pokemon it said would be there was actually there...
T.Rex

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2016, 11:13:43 am »
Yesterday I was confused because almost none of the Pokes on my radar were popping up, instead it was random stuff NOT on my radar. This was without incense or anything on. I also saw a Cubone on my radar and was insanely excited but as I walked around it kept jumping from the top of my radar to the bottom and I couldn't hone in on it's location. I was pretty bummed out. First time that one popped up on my radar.
‼‼?‼‼

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2016, 08:02:17 pm »
Well I had just had my best session of Pokemon, courtesy several lures placed around the Hirschhorn, got over 60 Pokemon and very few of them common, including a Tauros.  In rapidly closing in level 22.  Now it will be interesting to see how  this new tracking feature will work, although I known I'm going to get annoyed with having to tell the game I'm a passenger.
T.Rex

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2016, 10:18:05 am »
You're a level 22 and just got a Tauros? Dang. That was one of the first ones I got. I caught a Blastoise in Dupont the other night.

As for the new tracking feature, how exactly does it work? I walked around and the grass didn't seem to move or change.... I didn't open up the google play store to see what the new features were though.
‼‼?‼‼

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2016, 11:05:51 am »
Well I had just had my best session of Pokemon, courtesy several lures placed around the Hirschhorn, got over 60 Pokemon and very few of them common, including a Tauros.  In rapidly closing in level 22.  Now it will be interesting to see how  this new tracking feature will work, although I known I'm going to get annoyed with having to tell the game I'm a passenger.

I have to say I really love the Hirschhorn - some really fantastic art there.  Did you happen to see the exhibit on...oh wait.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2016, 11:15:19 am »
Hirshhorn is probably my favorite art gallery in DC.
‼‼?‼‼

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2016, 02:18:07 pm »
I got a Tauros early on as well, can't remember if I had hatched it or not...

I did see a flash mob at the museum, is that considered art?

I also noticed there aren't any Pokemon on the metro rail platforms anymore, it always seemed at least one would appear when the game first started, oh well
T.Rex

walk,on,by

« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2016, 06:23:19 pm »
it is still, going?  inter,esting

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2016, 10:30:52 pm »
Hirschhorn? Gesundheidt!

killsaly

« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2016, 04:49:26 pm »
^see that's what the world needs, some positive poke-news
slack