Author Topic: The "I can't believe there isn't a Rio thread" thread  (Read 11746 times)

Re: The "I can't believe there isn't a Rio thread" thread
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2016, 10:14:41 pm »
So much swimming coverage was on Phelps that I had no idea Lochte was there until some results were reported. Perhaps he felt deprived of attention; this was a cry for help.
you didn't notice the only swimmer with a greeny kind of blue hair?
that screamed 'look at me'
slack

hutch

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2016, 10:21:53 pm »
He's lucky he left Brazil.. they just hauled two American swimmers off of a plane( trying to leave Rio) for questioning... The third didn't "show up" for flight..

Relaxer

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2016, 02:29:01 pm »
http://deadspin.com/report-ryan-lochte-and-his-rowdy-swimming-pals-defiant-1785452472

God I love this story.
Only thing I can't figure out is why the other dudes allowed Lochte to come out of this looking like a boss (being the only who stood his ground while his bitchass teammates cowered on the ground)
oword

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2016, 03:18:36 pm »
http://deadspin.com/report-ryan-lochte-and-his-rowdy-swimming-pals-defiant-1785452472

God I love this story.
Only thing I can't figure out is why the other dudes allowed Lochte to come out of this looking like a boss (being the only who stood his ground while his bitchass teammates cowered on the ground)
Who hasn't gotten together with their bros and have a public pee party?!

Re: your point about Lochte being the only one who looks like a boss, this is a perfect example of getting your story about first so you can control the narrative. Total political gamesmanship by Lochte.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 03:20:11 pm by Julian, the BELOVED »
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2016, 03:22:48 pm »
"We even have images of one of the athlete's butts, as he is pulling up his pants," said the owner, who the newspaper said chose to remain unnamed.

hutch

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2016, 03:37:40 pm »
sad.. "the ugly American"....what a bunch of losers..

the reason Lochte could control the story is cause he got out of Rio.. otherwise he'd have to have confessed too...

Relaxer

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2016, 03:55:00 pm »

God I love this story.
Who hasn't gotten together with their bros and have a public pee party?!

Re: your point about Lochte being the only one who looks like a boss, this is a perfect example of getting your story about first so you can control the narrative. Total political gamesmanship by Lochte.

Although I wonder if his swimmin bros got all mad at how he made himself look like a stud, so they're like "ahh fuck this made-up story, sorry brazil, we totally lied, we were just having a piss party at a gas station"
oword

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2016, 03:58:51 pm »
Although I wonder if his swimmin bros got all mad at how he made himself look like a stud, so they're like "ahh fuck this made-up story, sorry brazil, we totally lied, we were just having a piss party at a gas station"
Interesting theory, but if so, they made the huge miscalculation of doing that while still in Brazil after Lochte left. If there's one thing I learned from The Wire, its that if you come at the king, you best not miss.

TAN: For anyone going to Teenage Fanclub in October, I think the official boardie meetup should be a post-show V St public pee party. I'll bring some liter bottles of water so we can get good and hydrated!
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2016, 04:17:35 pm »

TAN: For anyone going to Teenage Fanclub in October, I think the official boardie meetup should be a post-show V St public pee party. I'll bring some liter bottles of water so we can get good and hydrated!

yea we'll need the water bottles cause Teenage Fanclub is just not a drinkin' show...

« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2016, 04:20:47 pm »

yea we'll need the water bottles cause Teenage Fanclub is just not a drinkin' show...
I dunno, I plan to get fairly lubricated since I'm taxiing back. But a proper pee party requires many a pee so we'll all need the water to reload.
LVMH

« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2016, 04:23:16 pm »
I love this comment from Reddit:

"I was there when Ryan Lochte got robbed and he was robbed by Manti Te'o's ex-girlfriend" - Brian Williams
LVMH

walk,on,by

« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2016, 09:34:09 am »
I watched the one bolt race last night, at a bar.  I got to see the whole back area thing, the run out like a superstar, and the pre warm ups on the track, with each runner.  I, never have watched a race as a complete process, such as that.  it was cool.  bolt, is indeed a superstar.  his banter with the camera on the track before the start, and his charisma is that of someone who knows they are glory, which is in part, why they are so incredible.  I was, hoping he would have beat the record, and I am curious if he is happy he won, but curses himself, because the only point now is the record.

« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2016, 09:35:55 am »
I watched the one bolt race last night, at a bar.  I got to see the whole back area thing, the run out like a superstar, and the pre warm ups on the track, with each runner.  I, never have watched a race as a complete process, such as that.  it was cool.  bolt, is indeed a superstar.  his banter with the camera on the track before the start, and his charisma is that of someone who knows they are glory, which is in part, why they are so incredible.  I was, hoping he would have beat the record, and I am curious if he is happy he won, but curses himself, because the only point now is the record.
He holds the record already I'm almost certain.

He notoriously "pulls up" and stops running 100% when he realizes he's far enough ahead to win. He did last night. He'd rather mug for the camera than try to lower his record, apparently.
LVMH

walk,on,by

« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2016, 09:37:37 am »
oh really?  now, my opinion, has changed.

« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2016, 10:17:03 am »
Fresh off Lochte's twitter:

LVMH