Author Topic: Official 930 Club Teenage Fanclub Meetup thread  (Read 8715 times)

hutch

Official 930 Club Teenage Fanclub Meetup thread
« on: October 12, 2016, 01:22:31 pm »
obviously we all know this is destined to fail.... but if anyone has thoughts as there seem to be quite a few boardies attending the show?

I expect the Fannies (is this the "in the know" name for TFC?) to start at 10 pm. Opening band at 9 pm.

challenged

• Instagram
Re: Official 930 Club Teenage Fanclub Meetup thread
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 02:07:52 pm »
yes.

bluflower

• Spin Cycle Radio show
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 02:12:29 pm »
I will be there!
I'm going to see them in NYC too, and Philly.

My radio show yesterday was an all Scottish music special in anticipation of it.
If anyone is interested, it's up here: https://www.mixcloud.com/Spin-Cycle/spin-cycle-october-11-2016/
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 02:14:08 pm by bluflower »

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 02:20:19 pm »
I'm trying to figure out what time I will make it into DC but I'll tentatively meetup. Would prefer either the Backbar or something fairly close by (Duffy? Brixton?) if I can make it.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 02:23:40 pm »
should definitely be backbar..

Space Freely

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 02:23:46 pm »
I'm trying to figure out what time I will make it into DC but I'll tentatively meetup. Would prefer either the Backbar or something fairly close by (Duffy? Brixton?) if I can make it.

How about Dodge City? Better draft beer list than Duffy's or Brixton.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2016, 02:32:56 pm »
To be fair, that is by far the most expensive option being proposed. I hate paying $18 for a double Stoli and soda (a topic I do not wish to rehash yet again).

But if I can make it, I'll show up wherever.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2016, 02:37:47 pm »
So we have the guy who lives in a shotgun shack suggesting the most expensive option, and Thurston Howell III suggesting it's too pricey. Love it.

How about Right Proper (next to Howard Theater)? Best brewery in DC, and only a five minute walk away.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 02:41:09 pm by Space Freely »

bluflower

• Spin Cycle Radio show
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2016, 02:40:29 pm »
satellite room?

hutch

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2016, 02:40:57 pm »
To be fair, that is by far the most expensive option being proposed. I hate paying $18 for a double Stoli and soda (a topic I do not wish to rehash yet again).

But if I can make it, I'll show up wherever.

yeah.. I guess same for me as far as being up for whatever.. but I would expect if I could make it it would be fairly close to TFC playing...the notion that I would have hours to while away at a bar before the show..well..experience tells me that does not happen...I usually park and run in and the band I am there to see starts playing 15 minutes later... I could feasibly be there a bit earlier but not an hour earlier....

but it doesn't matter.. you all arrange the place and time.. ... i'm actually better at hanging out after shows as I can stay up til stupid o'clock and I'm usually on a big buzz afterwards...before the show i'm into getting my spot..... but i realize some people just want to leave after the show..

satellite room is a good compromise as its right next to the venue...

Space Freely

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2016, 02:44:58 pm »
How about somebody find out where the band is drinking before the show and we'll just go hang out with them?

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2016, 02:57:24 pm »
I am up for wherever as well...

hutch

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2016, 02:57:51 pm »
How about somebody find out where the band is drinking before the show and we'll just go hang out with them?

umm.. they don't strike me as big drinkers but they'll be backstage drinking for free.. they are not rich or anything..

so we need backstage passes... I will reach out to the band and get back to you.

Space Freely

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2016, 03:06:09 pm »

umm.. they don't strike me as big drinkers but they'll be backstage drinking for free.. they are not rich or anything..

so we need backstage passes... I will reach out to the band and get back to you.

It would be quite disappointing to learn that a band who entitled a song "Alcoholiday" weren't big drinkers.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2016, 03:31:13 pm »

That'd be great Hutch, thanks...