Author Topic: META: Bob72 Memorial Thread  (Read 3635 times)

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
META: Bob72 Memorial Thread
« on: January 24, 2017, 12:43:31 pm »
Guys, I'm sorry to inform everyone but Bob72 hasn't posted since November and has not been active since early December. Between this long period of inactivity and his advanced age, I think it is prudent to assume he has passed away.

Let us gather together to remember him as he was: a relatively nice man who did not attend a concert for 25 years and within months of resuming concert-going activities was seeing Pissed Jeans in a filthy hovel with Killsaly. May his spirit live on in all of us.
LVMH

Space Freely

Re: META: Bob72 Memorial Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 01:14:37 pm »
So the moral of the story is concert going is a killer behavior?

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 01:17:48 pm »
So the moral of the story is concert going is a killer behavior?
I was not asserting some correlation (much less causation) between his returning to concerts and his untimely demise, that's just how I choose to remember him.
LVMH

Relaxer

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 01:30:27 pm »
God, why couldn't it have been Ratbastard instead
oword

Relaxer

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 01:31:10 pm »
or even along with, or in addition to, or immediately following, or as a result of
oword

Yada

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 02:04:28 pm »
I have it on good authority that Bob is still with us.

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 02:10:06 pm »
I miss bob72....finally some new blood
yada and his good authority...
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2017, 02:10:42 pm »
or even along with, or in addition to, or immediately following, or as a result of

Hey, don't be an asshole.

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2017, 02:15:54 pm »

Hey, don't be an asshole.
I think Relaxer actually brings up an interesting point. Are we cool with losing Bob if it means RatBastard went too? It's irrelevant at this point since they're both gone but still.

Would that make Bob72 the Jesus who died for our boardie sins?
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2017, 02:19:33 pm »
I, for one, am grateful.

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2017, 02:21:03 pm »
I, for one, am grateful.
Hopefully you don't become jaded.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2017, 03:40:54 pm »
did anyone actually meet Bob cause I was under the impression it was a made up character somebody for somebody already on the board? Its been a while but I thought it was clearly julian? which would make sense since he is bringing it up out of nowhere..

hutch

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2017, 03:46:41 pm »
geezus wtf  is wrong with me let me try that again

Insert Quote
did anyone actually meet Bob cause I was under the impression it was a made up character somebody for somebody already on the board? Its been a while but I thought it was clearly julian? which would make sense since he is bringing it up out of nowhere..

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2017, 03:53:33 pm »
Its been a while but I thought it was clearly julian? which would make sense since he is bringing it up out of nowhere..
I found Bob to be somewhat suspect because he started out referencing that he had not went to a concert in 25 years and within a few months of posting was going to random punk shows, which is an uncommon way for that to go for someone supposedly his age.

I am not Bob72 and moderators can easily compare IP addresses which are logged for every post.

I brought it up because I am the heart and soul of this community and wanted to shine a light on our fallen brethren.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2017, 03:55:50 pm »
Its been a while but I thought it was clearly julian? which would make sense since he is bringing it up out of nowhere..
I found Bob to be somewhat suspect because he started out referencing that he had not went to a concert in 25 years and within a few months of posting was going to random punk shows, which is an uncommon way for that to go for someone supposedly his age.

I am not Bob72 and moderators can easily compare IP addresses which are logged for every post.

I brought it up because I am the heart and soul of this community and wanted to shine a light on our fallen brethren.

yeah that was total BS.. he doesn't go to see shows for 25 years and then suddenly he's going every other night..

also his whole Living Colour fixation I found a little suspect....