Author Topic: The Anthem  (Read 262004 times)

medeski7

Re: The Anthem
« Reply #1050 on: March 04, 2019, 02:10:43 pm »
Is there truly no way to transfer a super-excellent seat? I have one for Alice In Chains but got screwed by being assigned unexpected work travel that week and no I can’t go. Would really rather not “eat” the ticket $.

Anyone have any tips/suggestions for this kind of situation?

Apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere but I didn’t find anything about it when searching the forum.

I don't have any tips on that but I have to say the Super Excellent Seats experience is nice.  You can show up whenever, perfect view and the lines for the beer and bathroom are a breeze.  The non-transfer aspect is the one drawback but I get why its the policy.

Has This been confirmed anywhere if these tickets can be transferred? I see some on StubHub...

From the Anthem website:

"Q: Are tickets transferable?
A: Super Excellent Seats are always non-transferable. The ID of the person attending must match the purchaser’s name, which will be printed on the ticket face."

I know some have had success going to the venue, claiming the tickets, and selling prior to the show.  Obviously that's tough if you have a scheduling conflict preventing you from attending in the first place. I do like the policy though.  It mostly keeps the scalpers away. 

Yada

« Reply #1051 on: March 04, 2019, 02:14:20 pm »
Is there truly no way to transfer a super-excellent seat? I have one for Alice In Chains but got screwed by being assigned unexpected work travel that week and no I can’t go. Would really rather not “eat” the ticket $.

Anyone have any tips/suggestions for this kind of situation?

Apologies if this has already been discussed elsewhere but I didn’t find anything about it when searching the forum.

I don't have any tips on that but I have to say the Super Excellent Seats experience is nice.  You can show up whenever, perfect view and the lines for the beer and bathroom are a breeze.  The non-transfer aspect is the one drawback but I get why its the policy.

Has This been confirmed anywhere if these tickets can be transferred? I see some on StubHub...

From the Anthem website:

"Q: Are tickets transferable?
A: Super Excellent Seats are always non-transferable. The ID of the person attending must match the purchaser’s name, which will be printed on the ticket face."

I know some have had success going to the venue, claiming the tickets, and selling prior to the show.  Obviously that's tough if you have a scheduling conflict preventing you from attending in the first place. I do like the policy though.  It mostly keeps the scalpers away.

I fully support doing anything to keep scalpers away, however I'm wondering how these seats could be on StubHub when they have a 100% gaurantee?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1052 on: March 04, 2019, 02:25:35 pm »
I’ve transferred SES twice. They required I make a copy of my ID for the recipient both times but other than that it was easy peasy.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #1053 on: March 04, 2019, 02:48:31 pm »
Some people come with tickets for SES bought on stubhub and they are unable to use them....happens all the time...

But there are examples of people who show a picture of for example their mom’s ID -if their mom bought their tickets -to get in and do

challenged

• Instagram

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1055 on: September 09, 2019, 09:44:13 am »
It appears The Anthem tickets will now be sold on ticketmaster?
(_|_)

hutch

« Reply #1056 on: September 09, 2019, 09:47:38 am »
Yes this has been posted multiple times

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #1057 on: September 09, 2019, 12:26:51 pm »
Yes this has been posted multiple times

While true, I'm glad it's being brought up once again. What's the deal with ticketmaster not disclosing which seats are in your cart? Since the switch, every time I've attempted to buy SES, the page always says "you'll receive 2 tickets in this row". The hell is that? Not all seats, especially at the Anthem, are equal. Hell, seat 1 in almost every row of every box at the venue is partially obstructed.

hutch

« Reply #1058 on: September 09, 2019, 12:40:13 pm »
I don’t know anything about it but I was told now people could pick their own seats like they do with other TM shows

I was just surprised when I posted about TM being used now I did not see one response..maybe people were on vacation
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 12:46:54 pm by hutch »

hutch

« Reply #1059 on: September 09, 2019, 12:55:04 pm »
I see what you are saying

I guess now people can see all SES left instead of being given one option but the caveat is you don’t know where on row you are?

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #1060 on: September 09, 2019, 04:28:17 pm »
I see what you are saying

I guess now people can see all SES left instead of being given one option but the caveat is you don’t know where on row you are?

Correct. I find it extremely annoying. I know it won't matter to most people, but I like knowing exactly what I'm buying, especially at 75+ per ticket.

hutch

« Reply #1061 on: September 09, 2019, 04:33:08 pm »
Well...it’s a good point

I guess that is the way TM does it but it seems lame

I wonder why they do it that way?

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #1062 on: September 09, 2019, 04:35:31 pm »
Well...it’s a good point

I guess that is the way TM does it but it seems lame

I wonder why they do it that way?

I don't understand why they can't utilize their "choose your own seat" map for the venue. They have it for Merriweather shows.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1063 on: September 09, 2019, 04:37:55 pm »
It's because people buy an odd number of seats.  They want to maximize seating by putting a singleton next to a threesome.

hutch

« Reply #1064 on: September 09, 2019, 04:41:51 pm »
Maybe they plan to add the choose your own seat feature?

Am curious myself
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 04:45:17 pm by hutch »