Author Topic: Official 930 Club Auditory Flushing Thread  (Read 6953 times)

hutch

Official 930 Club Auditory Flushing Thread
« on: March 05, 2017, 10:15:13 pm »
Exactly what it says on the tin. GO!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 11:41:14 pm by hutch »

hutch

Re: Official 930 Club Ear Irrigation Threat
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 04:47:50 pm »
Am I to believe I am the only person on this forum that has had this wonderful procedure performed?

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 11:16:36 am »
I once got an ear infection while vacationing in Tulum Mexico.  It needed to be treated cuz there was blood and gunk in my ear so I went to the 'hospital' in town.  When I got there there was just a guy at the front desk. I don't speak much much spanish and he spoke not much english but was able to tell him I needed to see a doctor for my ear.  He explained there were no doctors there and that he would have to call him in.  So I waited a while for him to get there. 

When he arrived he took me back to examination area, looked in my ear and got all his supplies to irrigate it with warm saline.  I held the little kidney shaped bowl beneath my ear for him to catch the runoff, and my god, what a gnarly mess of blood and crud came out of there.

I was traveling with my family and another family we are friends with.  Seeing as our flight was in less than 48 hours I was really hoping that the doctor would tell me I couldn't fly for a few days and I'd get to stay in Mexico solo for a day or two.  I already had my hotel picked out, an amazing place I'd stayed in a few years earlier.  But alas, he said I was fine to fly.  Gave me a prescription for an antibiotic which I got filled at the local pharmacy and it did it's magic pretty quickly.

Space Freely

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 12:11:00 pm »
Am I to believe I am the only person on this forum that has had this wonderful procedure performed?

I think my mom may have had this procedure done but I'm not sure.

I had a shit ton of ear problems when I was a kid and had lost some of my hearing in both ears. One doctor said I needed hearing aids. We got a second opinion and the second doctor said he could perform procedures that would help. He did, and I went to about 85% in one ear and 100% in the other.

I later found out that the doctor who fixed my ears later lost his license because he inappropriately touched several of his (young, but legal) female patients.

Thanks to the Google, I also saw that he was suing for disability benefits because his "psychological disability led to his inappropriate behavior and hence his inability to be employed". What a crock of shit.

rich_WDC

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 01:19:59 pm »
I thought I was going deaf in college and then had a flush done.
AMAZING.   
Ranks up there with the first LSD experience, in a way...

I've often thought about putting together a business plan to buy a booth at festivals to offer the service.   I just never got past the question of whether it'd better to have professionals in nurse-type clothing doing it or  more lowkey so it wouldn't look too surgical.

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 02:02:36 pm »
I thought I was going deaf in college
the first LSD experience, in a way...
were these possibly related?
slack

hutch

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2017, 03:23:07 pm »
very good description by chaz of the procedure

i feel like a new man now.... i urge everyone to get this done...

rich_WDC

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2017, 03:57:21 pm »
I wonder if the coagulation over the years is partially due to the body's defense against all that rock n roll that has hit the ears...

hutch

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2017, 04:00:21 pm »
I wonder if the coagulation over the years is partially due to the body's defense against all that rock n roll that has hit the ears...
;D
no doubt it saved my tinnitus from getting real bad.....i have made a mental note to get some professional ear plugs but we shall see......

in fact it was rock and roll that direclty led to my ear irrigation (isn't there a song that goes "My ears were saved by rock and roll...")... i was at a show last week and plugged my ear and i think moved some wax down  and couldn't hear well.. so when i took my kid in for his ear infection i addressed my own issue...

apparently this ear wax thing gets dicier the older one gets..
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 04:05:57 pm by hutch »

walkie,talkie

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2017, 04:21:56 pm »
I go out of town, one day . . . and this becomes a thread?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2017, 04:43:04 pm »
It won't be long before there's a whole thread about how when the weather changes, your bursitis flares up.

hutch

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2017, 04:49:55 pm »
^Ageist

ggw

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2017, 04:52:18 pm »
Next week Hutch will tell us about his bunions.

hutch

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2017, 05:40:06 pm »
THERE IS NO SHAME IN EAR IRRIGATION! Be proud of your now fully functioning sound receptors!

I bet you I can now hear more of the live music at the shows than all of you!

vansmack

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2017, 06:04:55 pm »
I have to get this done often, sometimes twice a year - my ears don't expel wax naturally.

The first time I had it done was in DC (I'm pretty sure it's posted here somewhere) and it was a result of cold weather and my ear canal restricting to the point of massive pain.  Since then, I have it done quite often, and the last two or three times I've gotten pretty good at doing it myself with the Debrox Kit.  I've got some great photos....

EDIT: Here you go, from 2004 and 2013.....

Originally posted by HoyaSaxa03:
  on the topic of ears ... everyone should get their ear wax cleaned out at some point, either get a home kit or go to the doctor and get it done ... it's an unbelievable feeling, you can hear a pin drop two blocks down the street ... probably wouldnt be good to get that done before a show though ...
If by unbelievable feeling, you mean the most excrutiating pain I have ever been through, then yes, have the doctor take the siringe, inject the warm water directly into the ear, right next to the ear drum (louder than any concert I've ever been to), behind the ear wax, stick tweezers in your ear and pull out an ungodly amount of ear wax.  I'm talking chunks the size of crutons!!!!  And I used to have to have it done often when I lived in DC because the ear canal constricts in cold weather and if there's too much wax, it's a crazy sharp pain in the head.

I've torn tendons in my ankle, broken my wrist, had numerous surgeries, even collapsed a lung and nothing hurt more than having my ear wax removed.

That being said, my hearing is fine on a daily basis, amazing after the removal process is done, and despite a long history of concerts, I've never worn ear plugs.  Maybe I don't have to with all of the ear wax buildup?

And today I had my annual ear wax removal treatment - for those that haven't had it done - it's brutal.  
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 06:28:14 pm by vansmack »
27>34