Author Topic: Best route to MPP from DC  (Read 2098 times)

Bags

Best route to MPP from DC
« on: July 26, 2017, 02:25:45 pm »
I tried to search for the "alternate driving directions," which I think involves parking at the mall?  Couldn't find them, and I haven't been in a while, as the driver.

If anyone more techologically adept than I can find the thread, awesome.

If not, best way to get there from downtown DC? 

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: Best route to MPP from DC
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 02:29:58 pm »
It's gonna be a slog.  There aren't a whole lot of options...your best bet is to fire up Waze (or some other traffic-aware option).  It may not get you there fast, but it will be as fast as possible considering your location and destination.

Yada

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 03:24:25 pm »
I tried to search for the "alternate driving directions," which I think involves parking at the mall?  Couldn't find them, and I haven't been in a while, as the driver.

If anyone more techologically adept than I can find the thread, awesome.

If not, best way to get there from downtown DC?

Do you live in MD? If so, my recommendation is skipping driving to work that day and parking at a red line stop, preferably Glenmont or Forest Glenn.

Metro to that location and then head to Merriweather via 29N.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?

rich_WDC

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 03:21:06 pm »
Keep in mind, too, that the parking scenario is quite different this year, so that you'll probably need to take into account where you are gonna park (whether that is the designated lot per your post-ticket-purchase selection or the place you're determined to be, regardless).
That makes a difference re going on Broken Land from 29 or staying on 29 and then reversing back south on 29 at next exit, to the South entrance turnoff.

In any case, from downtown DC:  Beltway to 95N  to 32 or 175 or New York Ave (or equivalent) to B/W Pkwy to 32 or 175 are toss-ups pending current conditions.    Waze or WTOP can assist on the gametime decision

bearman🐻

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 08:24:26 am »
What's the deal with parking? I have a ticket to park in Area 1 (Dark Purple)...is that better than using the Columbia Mall parking lot?

Vas Deferens

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 10:12:17 am »
area 4 is the best....small covered lot across from mall parking lot
(_|_)

hutch

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2017, 11:18:47 am »
Helicopter is best

bluflower

• Spin Cycle Radio show
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2017, 01:25:43 am »
area 4 is the best....small covered lot across from mall parking lot

been ages since I've been to MPP so this is my first time using new parking system, but I chose area 4 for B&S!
 :)

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2017, 03:14:47 pm »
Taking the kids to Merriweather for the first time tonight -- should be a great show!
(o|o)