Author Topic: Locking cell phones at concerts  (Read 11344 times)

hutch

Re: Locking cell phones at concerts
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2018, 07:25:19 pm »
I don’t fart so....

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2018, 07:31:40 pm »
do you think you could survive a whole show without caring about your cell phone?  to pass the time between bands.  to look up a beer on tap you have never heard of.  to tell who ever, on whatever, that you are there.  some photos, or it didn't happen, would be nice.  I am curious, how long I would last before I got uptight about it.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2018, 08:17:00 pm »
It can be done. But it would definitely make time berween sets drag. I go to 90% of shows by myself so WTF else am I supposed to do?

Space Freely

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2018, 08:36:42 pm »
It can be done. But it would definitely make time berween sets drag. I go to 90% of shows by myself so WTF else am I supposed to do?

I go to most shows by myself, don't own a phone, and rarely purchase alcohol at a show. Somehow, I survive.

K8teebug

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2018, 08:53:47 am »
do you think you could survive a whole show without caring about your cell phone?  to pass the time between bands.  to look up a beer on tap you have never heard of.  to tell who ever, on whatever, that you are there.  some photos, or it didn't happen, would be nice.  I am curious, how long I would last before I got uptight about it.

Yes. But I'm also 40 and remember when I never had a phone at all.

Yada

« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2018, 10:04:25 am »
Space,  get yourself a damn phone.

« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2018, 10:07:20 am »
Makes me want to set up a GoFundMe page for him
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2018, 10:46:39 am »

I actually do have a $50 pay as you go phone from Verizon. I use it for emergencies and when I *really* need to call someone. Most of the minimum funds I put on it every three months go to waste. A few times people have texted me and I figured out how to reply, but I'm not sure I could initiate a text message. If the phone has other features, I am ignorant to them.

My wife and daughter are big social media/phone people. I'm happy being a simpleton, the way I was before technology took over our lives.

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2018, 11:38:26 am »
TIL Space owns a burner.

ggw

« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2018, 12:55:17 pm »
TIL Space owns a burner.

He used to make his own concert t-shirts.

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2018, 04:21:32 pm »

I actually do have a $50 pay as you go phone from Verizon. I use it for emergencies and when I *really* need to call someone. Most of the minimum funds I put on it every three months go to waste. A few times people have texted me and I figured out how to reply, but I'm not sure I could initiate a text message. If the phone has other features, I am ignorant to them.

My wife and daughter are big social media/phone people. I'm happy being a simpleton, the way I was before technology took over our lives.

Curious, did you previously succomb to the modern smartphone, and then backed away, or did you never try the way of the phone. 

Yada

« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2018, 04:47:38 pm »

Curious, did you previously succomb to the modern smartphone, and then backed away, or did you never try the way of the phone.

I have it on good authority that Space has found the cost savings in walking to his local 7/11 and using their payphones to make phone calls vs. having the burden of a monthly cell phone bill.

Space Freely

« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2018, 07:25:33 pm »

I have it on good authority that Space has found the cost savings in walking to his local 7/11 and using their payphones to make phone calls vs. having the burden of a monthly cell phone bill.

Now there's an idea. I am within walking distance of 7-11.

Space Freely

« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2018, 07:29:58 pm »

Is a smartphone an iphone? My wife has one of those, her employer requires her to have it. I have never had one myself, though i do bug my wife to look up beer ratings when we are out drinking, and do rely on the GPS when we are out driving. Someday I'll probably succumb, likely when we stop having afterschool childcare costs.

But this is boring. Let's talk about something exciting, like cell phone licking at shows.

hutch

« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2018, 07:39:33 pm »
You are so rock and roll Space!!! Never change