Author Topic: the weed, thread  (Read 79433 times)

Re: the weed, thread
« Reply #165 on: November 16, 2020, 05:19:59 pm »
You can’t drive while smoking a joint? Can you be in a moving car? Parked car? Walking down street?
Do cops usually enter your house to make sure you are not lighting up?

1. Nope
2. Probably not.
3. Hmm...grey area
4. Not 100% sure on this.  But like Alcohol, you can't drink in public.

But people are getting arrested for possession and suspicion all the time
I'm sure people have been arested because the cop smelled it outside the house

slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #166 on: November 16, 2020, 05:39:01 pm »
What kind of practical difference does legalizing make?

laws can be passed to allow retail locations to open, so you can get weed from a dispensary instead of a dealer.  cops can't arrest you for possession as long as you follow the rules (see below).  those seem like 2 pretty big differences vs. the current state of play.

You can’t drive while smoking a joint? Can you be in a moving car? Parked car? Walking down street?

i can only speak about WA, but: no, neither driver nor passengers can smoke and drive.  parked car OK as long as you're on private property, you can be fined for public consumption.  no walking down the street while blazing for the same reason.

alcohol is a good proxy for a lot of such questions: if you can't do it with booze, you probably can't do it with weed either.  not a perfect 1:1, though.

Do cops usually enter your house to make sure you are not lighting up?

state and local cops cannot enter your house if they only suspect you have a personal amount of weed, because it isn't a crime.  if they are in your house for some other valid reason and see that you have weed, they can do exactly nothing about it.  here's a trip: get arrested in WA, you're hauled down to jail, you appear in court, are given a date for your trial, you post bail, and on your way out of the courthouse the cops will give you your weed back. 

feds obviously take a different view, but i don't know of any DEA agents banging down doors to arrest weekend joint smokers.

folks on the right joke that cops will bust down your door to ensure that you ARE lighting up... ;D
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 05:45:04 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

« Reply #167 on: November 16, 2020, 05:49:40 pm »
folks on the right joke that cops will bust down your door to ensure that you ARE lighting up... ;D
I know a cop and he was like...my job would be so much easier if people just smoked weed instead of drinking
slack

hutch

« Reply #168 on: November 16, 2020, 05:53:00 pm »
I am 100 percent behind legalization and decriminalizing weed

hutch

« Reply #169 on: November 16, 2020, 05:53:14 pm »
And expungements

« Reply #170 on: November 16, 2020, 05:56:24 pm »
And expungements
my understanding this is on the table...I think some stuff happened this year too
But they won't fix lives ruined for a record that will make it so you can't get a job
slack

hutch

« Reply #171 on: November 16, 2020, 08:00:31 pm »
I think I have gotten high once this year.

« Reply #172 on: November 16, 2020, 08:31:15 pm »
I think I have gotten high once this year.
wasn’t even with me... if it wasn’t for COVID I’d be offended
slack

hutch

« Reply #173 on: November 16, 2020, 08:37:39 pm »
Well it was with tim and Howard so you were invited!! Howard had a bunch he was taking back home

It was funny they gave me some cartridge pot cigarette and even after a whole explanation and story I still tried to light it!

« Reply #174 on: November 16, 2020, 08:55:19 pm »
you were invited!!
the day I found out I'd torn my Achilles tendon.

was bummed to miss H

The story reminds me of your Lavender session
slack

hutch

« Reply #175 on: November 16, 2020, 08:58:09 pm »
Oh yah that’s right

Man this year has sucked

« Reply #176 on: November 16, 2020, 08:59:32 pm »
Man this year has sucked
that's an understatement, not descriptive enough to fully encompass the lameness
slack

WALKonBack

« Reply #177 on: November 16, 2020, 09:15:02 pm »
Did you read the part where it's gonna take 1 to 2 years for this to go into effect??

People are getting excited a little too prematurely here.   Just make it a 100% legal in January where people can start growing it and then figure out by the time summer comes along what kind of stores can sell it . . . it doesn't take 2 years to get that shit into effect.

« Reply #178 on: November 16, 2020, 09:58:27 pm »
People are getting excited a little too prematurely here.   
you are not wrong, but definitely a buzz kill ;)

Will get voted on in Jan and will pass (like a joint at a Phish show) then the Gov will sign in June and probably won't go in effect until the fall (if past experience is any indicator)

I was discussing with my stoner friends that it is in 2022 when the first good outdoor harvest will be had

There are already a few medical dispensaries in VA  getting ready to open, but from what I can tell they haven't even sold anything yet
https://www.vanorml.org/dispensaries
(none in NOVA?...but DC is so close) Manassas, Richmond, Bristol (check out their delivery zones map) I think they are required to deliver to highland (boom siss)
slack

WALKonBack

« Reply #179 on: November 17, 2020, 01:29:56 am »
Gurl . . . no matter what city slickers tell you, Manassas is part of NOVA.   What, you think it's a suburb of The Plains?