Author Topic: the weed, thread  (Read 79872 times)

WALKonBack

Re: the weed, thread
« Reply #225 on: February 26, 2021, 03:33:58 pm »
Virginia.  That's all that needs to be said.  Now bend over and take your medical marijuana suppository, which has barely any THC in it.

I'm sure when you are allowed to buy it, you will only be allowed to purchase half a joint per day, but only on Saturdays.

WALKonBack

« Reply #226 on: February 27, 2021, 10:32:03 pm »
Weed em, and reap.  A step.  A long, stretched out step.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/02/27/virginia-legalizes-marijuana-471840

« Reply #227 on: February 28, 2021, 08:20:54 am »
Zero republican support
Wait until 2024
Zero on grow
I know I should be happy, but feeling like Charlie brown going to kick the football
slack

WALKonBack

« Reply #228 on: February 28, 2021, 10:24:14 am »
It's almost as if . . . Virginia. 

How many places do you actually think they will set up to sell it in 2024 . . . 2 or 3 for the entire state?   How many rural area Republican counties will be allowed to say we don't want that in our backyard, as they head to the ABC store for the 3rd time that week?   How much do you think they are going to charge a person to get a licence to be able to grow it?  How soon will guns be mixed up with this somehow, and be repealed by a republican governor the next time Virginia has one?  Virginia Republicans will destroy anything created by a Democrat.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 10:30:49 am by WalkOnBack »

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #229 on: February 28, 2021, 11:53:43 am »
Thanks, VA. Hopefully Maryland quickly follows.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #230 on: February 28, 2021, 12:48:34 pm »
The most bewildering thing about this marijuana bill is despite knowing because of the census we will likely elect a new state legislature each of the next three years, instead of making this go into effect now-ish, they specifically subject it to three more potential votes before it rolls out.

This is one of those things Dems never get. If you make marijuana legal or give people $15 min wage, the other part is never EVER going to actually walk that back no matter how much they posture. Taking away things from people who are already getting it is suicidal.

As with every time Dems get power, we act like we can never foresee a time we might not have it and lolligag on all of our agenda in the name of bipartisanship — the Obama doctrine.
LVMH

« Reply #231 on: February 28, 2021, 07:30:23 pm »
As with every time Dems get power, we act like we can never foresee a time we might not have it and lolligag on all of our agenda in the name of bipartisanship — the Obama doctrine.
can confirm :(

I really thought there was some GOP support for this, but not a single GOP vote
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 07:34:05 pm by Martian-hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

hutch

« Reply #232 on: February 28, 2021, 08:18:32 pm »
Biden and democrats have been fairly assertive at the federal level

Definitely more than anyone had reason to expect

Anyone expecting Biden to instantly repeal the filibuster and govern like in a parliamentary system is kidding themselves although we may eventually get there

As far as Virginia I think this has been the most liberal government we have had in the history of the commonwealth

hutch

« Reply #233 on: March 01, 2021, 01:21:07 am »
I mean even reparations is on the table...

https://www.axios.com/biden-cedric-richmond-reparations-f4984eab-18fd-4f4b-ad14-4cd10c54a18a.html

You got proposals to tackle childhood poverty in a substantial way

We are rejoining just about any organization that will take us back.

We are out of the Yemen business

A $1.9 trillion stimulus seems close to being on the way

Vaccines are being dispensed by the millions daily... deaths from covid have come down dramatically

I could go on and on and on

The only thing he has refused to do is tackle the issue of college loan debt

The criticism on MBS is unfair. The Saudi - US relationship is at this point symbiotic and to expect him to just cut off MBS at the knees is fairly unrealistic. Do people realize the huge investments the Saudis have in the US?!?  And the oil price still matters! $4/gallon gas wouldn’t be great for the economy..About all we can do in the Middle East is a gradual realignment away from the Saudis and Israel...a rebalance...this was what Obama attempted and of course Trump dramatically reversed but we have to keep trying.

As far as MBS specifically all Biden can do is talk to King Salman and say what MBS did is way out of line and if anything like it happens again there is going to be trouble

I think it’s been a good 40 days! And all this with the impeachment
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 01:26:57 am by hutch »

« Reply #234 on: March 01, 2021, 09:59:32 am »
dude...stop bogarting the thread...this is the weed thread

I was talking about the VA Congress.  Jules is right in that they are acting like they will hold power for a generation.  the Dems are holding on to the slimmest of margins and they are slow rolling things not to offend the GQP.
I really thought that Mary Jane had support across both parties, but they are doubling down on obstruction (not effective in this session, but shows that they are not willing to meet in the middle on anything)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 10:04:14 am by Martian-hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

WALKonBack

« Reply #235 on: March 01, 2021, 10:03:20 am »
dude...stop bogarting the thread...this is the weed thread

Fucking, Thank, You.  Puff puff pass, those thoughts.

hutch

« Reply #236 on: March 01, 2021, 01:40:22 pm »
Sorry didn’t realize you had to be high to post in this thread

That explains A LOT!

« Reply #237 on: March 02, 2021, 09:52:23 am »
Denver is moving ahead on a trio of proposals that would allow weed bars and tour buses, legalize cannabis delivery and open applications for new retail and cultivation licenses for the first time since 2016.

can someone answer this question, unless it's a medical weed dispensary, are there any commercial locations where people can recreationaly smoke yet?
slack

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #238 on: March 02, 2021, 10:55:04 am »
When I was last in Denver I couldn’t leave the hotel without smelling weed. Why bother  with commercial spots?

« Reply #239 on: March 02, 2021, 11:58:14 am »
When I was last in Denver I couldn’t leave the hotel without smelling weed. Why bother  with commercial spots?
I hear ya, but I think there should be options to smoke indoors
Technically it's not legal to just smoke in public and I'm sure parents/schools/Mormons would rather not have the only place be in the public square
slack