Author Topic: the weed, thread  (Read 79833 times)

Yada

Re: the weed, thread
« Reply #286 on: April 20, 2021, 02:56:48 pm »
@SHEsus__Christ

They always get it wrong. The Bible says being gay is fine, as long as you're high.

"A man who lays with another man should be stoned."
- Leviticus 20:13
slack

« Reply #287 on: April 20, 2021, 03:07:07 pm »
wow 91%....I am still a little shocked that the GQP, especially in VA can't see the writing on the wall

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/nine-in-ten-americans-support-legalizing-marijuana-for-recreational-or-medical-use-new-pew-poll-finds/
A whopping 91 percent of Americans believe that marijuana prohibition should end and cannabis should be legal for either medical or recreational purposes, according to a new Pew Research Center poll released on Friday.

Well I guess here is why...bunch of old white dudes
“While both Republicans and Democrats differ greatly on whether marijuana should be legal for medical and recreational use, there are also age divides within each party,” Pew said. “A 63% majority of Republicans ages 18 to 29 favor making marijuana legal for recreational and medical use, compared with 53% of those ages 30 to 49 and 48% of those 50 to 64. However, only about a quarter of Republicans 65 and older (27%) say marijuana should be legal for both.”

more than 40% of the country’s population now lives in a state where cannabis is legal for those over 21,
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 03:12:30 pm by toasty fresh hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

« Reply #288 on: April 20, 2021, 03:20:20 pm »
apparently this is a real Virginia police dept
Pretty funny stuff...

Pulaski County Sheriff's Office
9h  ·
Happy 420 Day to all you Blazers, Smokers, Jokers, and Midnight Tokers! Marijuana laws in Virginia can be described as the old saying goes, “the times, they are a changing,” and starting July 1st, 2021, much will be changed. Please please please do your own research concerning the use, possession, and cultivation of the devil’s lettuce. And by research, I don’t mean asking your uncle Ricky after he has just tapped out a 3 foot tower bong and he is covered in Doritos dust. That would be like going to a gentleman’s club and believing every dancer that says you are their favorite! If you choose to partake in the happy herb, it is your responsibility to know and understand all the laws and the specific dates as they pertain to it.
Now I’m not telling anyone to do this, but if you decide to fire up a big ol’ fattie once the magical date gets here, PCSO would like you to please keep a few things in mind:
    •    Driving impaired is driving impaired. It doesn’t matter if you are under the influence of firewater or Juanita’s wonders, you can not cruise around in an old Volkswagen van laying down a smoke screen with fifty eleven of your friends inside trying to see who can laugh the longest at the shopping cart that somebody put big googley eyes on.
    •    Public use of the green goblin is still a no go. Please don’t think it’s a good idea to torch up a handful of giggle weed in the middle of Sunday School, because it’s not. Even if public consumption wasn’t against the law, you would still need to worry about the church lady who carries a big wooden spoon in her pocketbook for occasions such as this.
    •    Please remember that the law for cultivation of puffer plants allows 4 PLANTS PER HOUSEHOLD. You can’t pretend you’re living up the holler down Copperhead Road and have the back 40 acres sprouting stalks like you’re Johnny Appleseed.
    •     Please be sure to know exactly where your property lines are if you decide to plant your very own Aunt Mary seeds. If you have to ask why this is essential..........please don’t grow your own.
    •    Also, and this is very important, be careful as to which product you consume, because not everyone has your best interest at heart. There are many different types of marijuana out there and it can be laced with everything from methamphetamine to angel dust, and these my friends, can and will kill you. Please know the signs of what an overdose looks like and call 911 immediately if someone needs help.
And before anyone gets all fired up thinking that PCSO is promoting the use of the righteous bush, we ain’t. We’re just trying our best to keep our community safe and informed. If a person decides to wake and bake legally while they are blasting Hitch a Ride by Boston without disturbing their neighbors, that’s like totally their choice dude. We just want everyone to be safe and go home to their families and dogs. And unicorns. And cats. And fish. And lizards. And stamp collections. And Dale Earnhardt memorabilia.
Call your mom.
🇺🇸🇺🇸🐿🚓🍩🥓☕️🖤💙🖤🇺🇸
DwtC ✌🏻
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #289 on: April 20, 2021, 07:54:02 pm »
If a person decides to wake and bake legally while they are blasting Hitch a Ride by Boston without disturbing their neighbors, that’s like totally their choice dude.

gawd this was a funny post, i hope it's real.
<sig>

« Reply #290 on: April 21, 2021, 07:42:58 pm »
did he intentionally NOT do this on 4/20
really seemed weird to hold a presser on 4/21

Gov. Northam signs bill legalizing marijuana
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #291 on: April 22, 2021, 04:19:32 pm »
Fun fact - my first show at Wolf Trap was forum favorite Widespread Panic.

Ticket and weed were all free so don’t judge. Not normally my thing ( the band, that is).

my weed-and-widespread story: saw them at the orpheum in boston in either 2003 or 2004.  i had never heard of them so i had no idea what i was in for, but my buddies were gung-ho about them and promised me a good time.  before the show we were hanging out in the park in front of the theater (northeast corner of boston commons) and a buddy whips out a joint and lights it up.  we were several beers in at this point so despite the rather public location we were in, we all nervously said "AWRITE!!!" to each other.  as the J was being passed around, a big burly dude in no-nonsense shades flashes a badge at us, nabs the joint from whoever was holding it and loudly proclaims "WELL WELL WELL, WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE GENTLEMEN?!?".  he takes a sniff of the burning weed, mumbles "yeah thought so" and gives us the biggest "you're all so fucked" look ever... while we're all having heart attacks and visions of our futures going down the drain, dude quickly takes three huge hits, laughs manically, gives the joint back and runs in the direction of the orpheum yelling "see ya inside!!!".  as soon as our heart rates fell below 140 we all keeled over laughing.  the show was ok.  haven't seen WSP since.
<sig>

WALKonBack

« Reply #292 on: April 22, 2021, 04:39:10 pm »
That story, is why this thread exists. 

« Reply #293 on: April 22, 2021, 04:58:24 pm »
that was an awesome tale!
slack

« Reply #294 on: June 01, 2021, 11:01:36 pm »
amazon no longer drug testing for weed (and Walmart too)
https://www.axios.com/amazon-backs-federal-marijuana-legalization-bill-changes-drug-testing-policy-7c8aa857-d631-4a36-a4d8-785059c1ea6e.html

Amazon's worldwide consumer CEO Dave Clark announced in a blog post Tuesday that the company has endorsed a federal bill to legalize marijuana and will no longer screen certain workers for the drug.

Why it matters: Amazon is the second-largest private employer in the U.S. behind Walmart. Its drug policy change use may nudge other employers into adopting similar policies.
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #295 on: June 02, 2021, 08:04:07 am »
Fun fact - my first show at Wolf Trap was forum favorite Widespread Panic.

Ticket and weed were all free so don’t judge. Not normally my thing ( the band, that is).

my weed-and-widespread story: saw them at the orpheum in boston in either 2003 or 2004.  i had never heard of them so i had no idea what i was in for, but my buddies were gung-ho about them and promised me a good time.  before the show we were hanging out in the park in front of the theater (northeast corner of boston commons) and a buddy whips out a joint and lights it up.  we were several beers in at this point so despite the rather public location we were in, we all nervously said "AWRITE!!!" to each other.  as the J was being passed around, a big burly dude in no-nonsense shades flashes a badge at us, nabs the joint from whoever was holding it and loudly proclaims "WELL WELL WELL, WHAT DO WE HAVE HERE GENTLEMEN?!?".  he takes a sniff of the burning weed, mumbles "yeah thought so" and gives us the biggest "you're all so fucked" look ever... while we're all having heart attacks and visions of our futures going down the drain, dude quickly takes three huge hits, laughs manically, gives the joint back and runs in the direction of the orpheum yelling "see ya inside!!!".  as soon as our heart rates fell below 140 we all keeled over laughing.  the show was ok.  haven't seen WSP since.
Should've asked to speak to his manager.
LVMH

WALKonBack

« Reply #296 on: June 17, 2021, 06:18:14 pm »
I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure I heard 2 more medical dispensaries are coming to Fairfax and Sterling.  And also I believe I heard that medical dispensaries will be able to sell flower by October in Virginia.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #297 on: June 17, 2021, 06:27:24 pm »
I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure I heard 2 more medical dispensaries are coming to Fairfax and Sterling.  And also I believe I heard that medical dispensaries will be able to sell flower by October in Virginia.
Supposedly the Richmond one will be first to market with flower.
LVMH

WALKonBack

« Reply #298 on: June 17, 2021, 06:29:14 pm »
Secretly, I hate the fact that weed is now referred to as flower. I prefer, Cheeba.

« Reply #299 on: June 17, 2021, 07:33:12 pm »
Supposedly the Richmond one will be first to market with flower.
wait, WHAT!
this should have gone in the good news thread
slack