Author Topic: Anyone else standing in line for NIN tickets?  (Read 14908 times)

Got Haggis?

Re: Anyone else standing in line for NIN tickets?
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2018, 01:50:03 pm »
I may be wrong - I had thought the 2nd show tix were online (fb event had link to tickets but said none available) but looksike they were in person too

hutch

« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2018, 02:04:00 pm »
It would make sense if 2nd show has not gone on sale yet

Space Freely

« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2018, 04:23:00 pm »
Seems like it was such a success that maybe this is the way to go for all future shows?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2018, 04:29:56 pm »
Seems like it was such a success that maybe this is the way to go for all future shows?
Stop. No. Stop.
LVMH

K8teebug

« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2018, 07:09:05 pm »
Aside from this semi-sketch dude in front of me, it was fun! Lots of cool people in line and it was luxury to have the lobby open for restrooms and coffee. Heard it was easy to get tickets in the afternoon...oh well! Got in line around 6:15 and got my tickets at 11:30. Cool envelope for them and overall, a fun experience even with the rain. Nice to see so many people out for bands who've been around a while.

K8teebug

« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2018, 07:10:21 pm »
They let you get 4 tickets to each show...

DotTheEyes

« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2018, 12:10:35 am »
I hate this idea, and I am glad the social-media reaction seems to be largely negative, lol.  I drive 90-120 minutes (depending on traffic) into D.C. from southern Maryland to see shows.  The idea of doing this drive to stand for hours in line to [maybe] buy a ticket turns my stomach.  And it hardly seems to combat price-gouging resellers.  Not to any meaningful extent.  Obviously loads and loads of people bought four tickets today and turned around to list them for hundreds of dollars apiece online.

I know people are having these mini-orgasms recounting how they used to brave the wind and the snow to wait in line, dreaming of a golden ticket and warmed by their love of rock 'n' roll, but I despise this stunt by Trent.

I am fairly ambivalent re:  NIN.  I hope other acts don't follow suit.

/rant

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2018, 08:51:23 am »
Aside from this semi-sketch dude in front of me, it was fun!

Good for you! The overnight lines were sometimes pretty fun back in the day.

That being said....I'll never do it again.

bearman🐻

« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2018, 10:21:20 am »
Aside from this semi-sketch dude in front of me, it was fun! Lots of cool people in line and it was luxury to have the lobby open for restrooms and coffee. Heard it was easy to get tickets in the afternoon...oh well! Got in line around 6:15 and got my tickets at 11:30. Cool envelope for them and overall, a fun experience even with the rain. Nice to see so many people out for bands who've been around a while.

That's so phenomenal...I"m glad to hear that! I was thinking of you...how was the weather?

Vas Deferens

« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2018, 10:31:08 am »
Would have done it if the show was the same day...
(_|_)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2018, 12:28:12 pm »
I hate this idea, and I am glad the social-media reaction seems to be largely negative, lol.  I drive 90-120 minutes (depending on traffic) into D.C. from southern Maryland to see shows.  The idea of doing this drive to stand for hours in line to [maybe] buy a ticket turns my stomach.  And it hardly seems to combat price-gouging resellers.  Not to any meaningful extent.  Obviously loads and loads of people bought four tickets today and turned around to list them for hundreds of dollars apiece online.

I know people are having these mini-orgasms recounting how they used to brave the wind and the snow to wait in line, dreaming of a golden ticket and warmed by their love of rock 'n' roll, but I despise this stunt by Trent.

I am fairly ambivalent re:  NIN.  I hope other acts don't follow suit.

/rant
You are a good and great person. It’s nice to see another adult on here. I swear 90% of this community are the Bernie Bros of music.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2018, 08:22:00 pm »
I drive 90-120 minutes (depending on traffic) into D.C. from southern Maryland to see shows.  The idea of doing this drive to stand for hours in line to  buy a ticket turns my stomach. 

bands that play DC don't focus on potential attendees from 100+ miles away... so don't be surprised when they make decisions that aren't popular with 100+ miles folks.

And it hardly seems to combat price-gouging resellers.  Not to any meaningful extent.  Obviously loads and loads of people bought four tickets today and turned around to list them for hundreds of dollars apiece online.

yes, there were scalpers in line and some tickets will be resold.  but making folks wait in line greatly, greatly reduces the number of potential scalpers.  the engine behind scalping isn't the dude waiting in line with his friend.  it's the bots, and anyone with a high-speed internet connection buying tickets that they have no possibility of attending (i.e. 99.999% of internet users).  making folks stand in line stops these two main categories of ticket snatchers.  no method is perfect, NIN's approach here isn't perfect either, but it certainly beats putting all the tickets online and hoping the bots don't get them all.

You are a good and great person. It’s nice to see another adult on here. I swear 90% of this community are the Bernie Bros of music.

you two should form a club.
<sig>

K8teebug

« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2018, 12:13:42 pm »

That's so phenomenal...I"m glad to hear that! I was thinking of you...how was the weather?

It was rainy, but not the worst ever.

bearman🐻

« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2018, 12:52:22 pm »

It was rainy, but not the worst ever.

Remind me to tell you my story of waiting in line to try to get into the recording of the Morrissey video for "Glamorous Glue".

Got Haggis?

« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2018, 11:24:19 am »
anyone have an idea of when the remaining tickets will go on sale?