Author Topic: The Rolling Stones - 2019  (Read 18181 times)

rich_WDC

The Rolling Stones - 2019
« on: November 15, 2018, 02:23:54 pm »
Tour announcement seems imminent.
Rumors of FedEx but no date attached.
Anyone have some intell?

And... no need to use this thread for snarky or humorous or humorless comments about the band's or its members' ages or need for a tour, etc.   In fact, no need for that on any thread since it'd all be retread.

Space Freely

Re: The Rolling Stones - 2019
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 02:34:52 pm »
Hey Seth, special secret free club show for forum members only?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 02:45:01 pm »
Hey Seth, special secret free club show for forum members only?

Now that would be nutty!

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 02:51:20 pm »
it'd all be retread.
Retread is a perfect name for a 2019 Rolling Stones tour.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 02:56:42 pm »
Mick Jagger became a father again at 72. Named Keith Richards child's godfather to ensure the child is brought up right long after Mick's gone.

What's the difference between a Scotsman and a Rolling Stone?
A Rolling Stone says 'Hey you, get off of my cloud!'
while a Scotsman says 'Hey McLeod, get off of my ewe!'

A frog goes into a bank and approaches the teller. He can see from her nameplate that her name is Patricia Whack.
'Miss Whack, I'd like to get a £30,000 loan to take a holiday.'
Patty looks at the frog in disbelief and asks his name. The frog says his name is Kermit Jagger, his dad is Mick Jagger, and that it's okay, he knows the bank manager.
Patty explains that he will need to secure the loan with some collateral.
The frog says, 'Sure. I have this' and produces a tiny porcelain elephant, about an inch tall, bright pink and perfectly formed.
Very confused, Patty explains that she'll have to consult with the bank manager and disappears into a back office.
She finds the manager and says 'There's a frog called Kermit Jagger out there who claims to know you and wants to borrow £30,000 and he wants to use this as collateral.'
She holds up the tiny pink elephant. 'I mean, what in the world is this?'
The bank manager looks back at her and says...

(wait for it.........)

.....'It's a knickknack, Patty Whack. Give the frog a loan. His old man's a Rolling Stone.'
<sig>

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2018, 03:19:53 pm »
I have never seen the rolling stones perform in concert.
If this tour comes to DC area, I might finally go.

Space Freely

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2018, 03:25:22 pm »
I know you said not to mention their ages, but these guys must be well into their 50s by this point, and take it from me once you hit 50 you start slowing down. I don't care how healthy these guys have lived their lives, tHis tour is probably not going to end well.

hutch

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2018, 03:39:35 pm »
❤️ has always happened when you guys had to leave a party 🎈 this was not happening at night so you can go back home 🏡 night I gotta is that a perfect 👌 way is this game that I would expect it for sure but it was all about a great 👍 is that I think 🤔 has a few kinks but this app seems very nice

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2018, 04:06:14 pm »

Neither have I.  But my motto is to catch them before they've peaked....or don't bother.

Yada

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2018, 04:16:57 pm »
I have it on good authority to see the Stones indoors vs. A stadium where Mick gets winded from running the length of a football field multiple times throughout the night.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2018, 04:22:47 pm »
Steel Wheels came out in 1989, when Mick was 46. The tour was dubbed by some as "Steel Wheelchairs", mostly by people who now wish they were 46 again.
😐 🎶

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2018, 05:30:30 pm »

Neither have I.  But my motto is to catch them before they've peaked....or don't bother.

I understand; I am gonna see Van Morrison way past peak, and if the Stones come closeby, them too...not sure who else is in the never seen category that I feel i would need to see...maybe Neil Young
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 05:34:41 pm by challenged »

bearman🐻

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2018, 06:13:55 pm »
I got to see them for free on the 40 Licks tour. I had a fantastic time and it was a great show. But I think I'm good with having seen them the one time.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2018, 08:07:18 pm »
I defintely get seeing acts you love before it's too late. I sort of regret not seeing McCartney but at this point, forget it.

Yada

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2018, 08:35:50 pm »
I defintely get seeing acts you love before it's too late. I sort of regret not seeing McCartney but at this point, forget it.

I've been trying to do a bucket list show per year if possible. I wouldn't bail on McCartney, yet... The tour he did in 2016 was awesome and unless he's recently been diagnosed with some sort of disease, I can't imagine 74 vs. sometime in the next year would make more of a difference.

challenged, why didn't you catch the local Van show? Heading to Vegas I can't imagine will be a thrifty affair and there is a risk for a crap show.