Author Topic: MPP - No on-sight ticket sales day of ticket release?  (Read 2676 times)

Cock Van Der Palm

MPP - No on-sight ticket sales day of ticket release?
« on: February 11, 2019, 05:26:04 pm »
Is there a legitimate reason for this, or is it just a money grab to assure IMP is receiving bs service fees?

Re: MPP - No on-sight ticket sales day of ticket release?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 06:09:39 pm »
I think you can get IMP tickets to MPP events at any IMP boxoffice
so you could go to the 9:30/Anthem to get MPP tix...but not at morning onsale times
slack

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 06:13:10 pm »
Understood.  The question is why not?

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 06:15:40 pm »
I am guessing: they don't want folks queuing-up on onsale days, due to liability and staffing issues.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 10:04:50 am »
But staffing a box office and selling tickets is what they do. That's how they make their money.

Yada

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2019, 11:05:53 am »
Is there a legitimate reason for this, or is it just a money grab to assure IMP is receiving bs service fees?

I'm guessing it's possibly because sales are now through TM vs. Ticketfly and TM wants all the monies.

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 11:06:33 am »
But staffing a box office and selling tickets is what they do. That's how they make their money.
not any more...I'm sure it's much more lucrative to NOT have a box office hours and staff

Not sure why clubs don't have ATM like machines where you can just walk up, put your credit card in and buy tickets to multiple shows
could have them outside the venue too
@ $14 fees in a transaction, that ATM would probably pay for it's self in just a few weeks
slack

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2019, 11:07:50 am »

I'm guessing it's possibly because sales are now through TM vs. Ticketfly and TM wants all the monies.
DING DING DING....we have a winner
Although...can you get a 'free-fee' ticket to Ticketmaster shows at the boxoffice ....I think the answer is yes?
slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2019, 11:17:08 am »

I remember the good old days when I worked at ticketron on 17th street and the summer slate of mpp shows would go onsale. It was an all hands on deck day with folks lined up down the block.

TheREALHunter

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2019, 11:23:29 am »

I remember the good old days when I worked at ticketron on 17th street and the summer slate of mpp shows would go onsale. It was an all hands on deck day with folks lined up down the block.

I gleefully pissed off a bunch of Depeche Mode fans in line one year when they had to take time to switch over to the Ramones show that I was buying tickets for

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2019, 11:54:11 am »

HFStival ticket sales were fun. At my Tower, we would have the kids line up behind the store and enter through the emergency exit of the Ticketmaster room (then exit through the main entrance). General admission and all cash, super fast good times.
😐 🎶

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2019, 01:51:34 pm »

no, putting on shows and getting people to attend them is what they do.  staffing a box office is a means to an end, a means that is inferior to online sales in many (but not all) ways.

they don't open a box office at MPP on ticket days because the volume isn't there.  how many people show up to buy tickets at MPP on a given friday - 5?  10?  you can't profitably staff a booth on that few sales.
<sig>