Author Topic: club capacity  (Read 2164 times)

TonyTonorro

club capacity
« on: February 12, 2019, 12:07:58 pm »
Has the 9:30 club increased the size of its capacity crowds?  At the sold out Sharon Van Etten show last week, many people could not fit onto the main viewing floor.  They were stuck in the corridor in front of the restrooms and they were in the room in the corner opposite the entrance.  They could not fit onto the floor.  They were all straining to get a limited view of the stage through the door openings.

The club used to brag that everyone who bought a ticket was guaranteed a view of the stage.  That was not true this night.  It was not as bad as Rams Head Live in Baltimore where a large portion of a sold out crowd has to watch the performance on monitors but it was disappointing to see. 

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: club capacity
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 12:16:04 pm »
O/U on how long it takes for Space to show up and ask if SVE crowds are fatter than average crowds: 45 minutes?
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 02:07:59 pm »
wow, the overs have it.  the pundits are shocked (then again, it might be fixed - space might be in cohoots with the bookies, and at 44 minutes he checked in to see if there was money to be made on the under or the over...)

@TonyTonorro - the stage can be pulled forward and back, to accommodate smaller and larger crowds.  i wonder if they played it wrong for SVE and didn't pull the stage all the way back.  wouldn't be a mistake i'd expect 930 to make, but who knows...
<sig>

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 02:20:32 pm »
wow, the overs have it.  the pundits are shocked (then again, it might be fixed - space might be in cohoots with the bookies, and at 44 minutes he checked in to see if there was money to be made on the under or the over...)

@TonyTonorro - the stage can be pulled forward and back, to accommodate smaller and larger crowds.  i wonder if they played it wrong for SVE and didn't pull the stage all the way back.  wouldn't be a mistake i'd expect 930 to make, but who knows...

Stage was all the way back. Was a very full sold out show. But not the worst oversell I've been to there. Though, Bagley does take up some space.

Space Freely

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 02:34:51 pm »
O/U on how long it takes for Space to show up and ask if SVE crowds are fatter than average crowds: 45 minutes?

I see SVE crowd as younger and more female than, say, a DBT crowd. Hence there would be more room with the same amount of people.

The DBT bros would be bigger, and they'd be manspreading so they wouldn't bump each other because they might be too gay. Except for the one guy who bit my ass at that DBT show many years ago.

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2019, 02:42:09 pm »
when I saw Sky Ferreira....crowd was short, skinny girls....and the sight lines were legendary
even my 5'1" wife could see

SVE...my guess would still be high skinny female quotient...but most likely taller

I've seen some shows from the bathroom hall and not loving that
until the Anthem came, the sold out shows at the 930 were very over capacity
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 02:52:11 pm »

I see SVE crowd as younger and more female than, say, a DBT crowd. Hence there would be more room with the same amount of people.

The DBT bros would be bigger, and they'd be manspreading so they wouldn't bump each other because they might be too gay. Except for the one guy who bit my ass at that DBT show many years ago.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh there it is! Right into my veins, right into my veiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiins!!!!
LVMH

Vas Deferens

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2019, 02:57:41 pm »
it's always packed during sold out shows.  :-[
(_|_)

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2019, 12:28:25 am »
I remember, a long time ago, in a cloud of smoke far far away . . . some dude at a dark star orchestra show at state theatre, told me that they always oversold certain shows at the 930 and it was a real pain in the ass for people to try to get sight lines and get to the bar or bathroom.  for some reason, I thought of the line of that one old Prodigy song, "I am the god of hell fire, and I bring you fire" after he said it.