Author Topic: Ummm, Woodstock??  (Read 9395 times)

joeposh

Re: Ummm, Woodstock??
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 03:48:04 pm »
Just saw this. Will be fascinated to see if this can come together -- seems like a much more realistic plan than shopping the fest across every town in upstate NY.

Not a lot of turnaround time, tour routing and a Pumpkins/Noel Gallagher date currently on the books means they'd have to make decisions and announcements pretty quickly.

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 04:13:31 pm »
a Pumpkins/Noel Gallagher date currently on the books means they'd have to make decisions and announcements pretty quickly.
Both those frontmen would absolutely love to say they played "Woodstock".
LVMH

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 04:31:34 pm »
Pitchfork is saying this is happening. Another article says tickets will be $180-595/day and will be a fundraiser around climate change and voter turnout.
LVMH

Here's the thing

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2019, 04:35:56 pm »
Should we start guessing bands or do are we predicting that the bands originally tied to the show will stay involved. I have a feeling that Seth had many confirmations before allowing IMP to be tied to it.

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2019, 04:55:15 pm »
Should we start guessing bands or do are we predicting that the bands originally tied to the show will stay involved.
I would imagine the vast majority are bands originally tied to the show. SP + Noel Gallagher will probably get absorbed into this as someone else pointed out. Would be surprised if there's a headliner added outside of the bands on the original poster.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2019, 05:11:21 pm »
The Raconteurs, on the original W50 lineup, are slated to play the Anthem on the 17th
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 05:13:45 pm by excontradiction »

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2019, 05:15:10 pm »
With the evolving logistics, I do hope Seth can still score Robert Plant and Greta Van Fleet, but schedule for the same day.

gavroche

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2019, 05:24:28 pm »
will be a fundraiser around climate change and voter turnout.

Totally ambivalent about this, but I hope it raises money for a good cause.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2019, 06:04:19 pm »
😐 🎶

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2019, 06:23:24 pm »
Should we start guessing bands or do are we predicting that the bands originally tied to the show will stay involved.
The three night run of And More, will still happen

slack

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2019, 06:51:33 pm »
wow might get pussy riot and boy genius in DC!
slack

joeposh

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2019, 10:36:13 pm »
Pollstar got an interview with Seth earlier today that's honestly pretty funny.

Made it very clear that they have nothing to do with booking the talent, and won't make any moves with Smashing Pumpkins and Noel until they are absolutely sure there's a show to put on (i.e. that Lang has retained a proper line-up of artists). Also indicates that the fest could be as little as one day (if it happens at all) and they would have additional capacity restrictions if there's a Friday portion (due to business in the area during the day).

https://www.pollstar.com/article/seth-hurwitz-on-merriweather-hosting-woodstock-50-we-are-ready-to-do-a-show-if-they-have-one-138532

Space Freely

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2019, 07:29:04 am »
Hard pass, even if they got Wilco on the lineup.

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2019, 08:15:37 am »
Made it very clear that they have nothing to do with booking the talent, and won't make any moves with Smashing Pumpkins and Noel until they are absolutely sure there's a show to put on (i.e. that Lang has retained a proper line-up of artists).
This makes me doubtful its going to happen, to be honest. I'll (rightfully) slag Seth off for some stuff but he wouldn't throw his name behind something if it was going to be a complete mess (FreeFests aside). This is a soft divorcing of himself from the event already.
LVMH