Author Topic: Ummm, Woodstock??  (Read 9386 times)

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
Re: Ummm, Woodstock??
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2019, 08:40:25 am »
Made it very clear that they have nothing to do with booking the talent, and won't make any moves with Smashing Pumpkins and Noel until they are absolutely sure there's a show to put on (i.e. that Lang has retained a proper line-up of artists).
This makes me doubtful its going to happen, to be honest. I'll (rightfully) slag Seth off for some stuff but he wouldn't throw his name behind something if it was going to be a complete mess (FreeFests aside). This is a soft divorcing of himself from the event already.

This is what makes the Bloomberg, NYT and Pitchfork reporting curious. I have no doubt Seth was/is considering the possibilities but it just seems like a logistical nightmare and a bigger risk than it is worth.

hutch

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2019, 09:03:18 am »
No Fogerty or Jay-Z

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2019, 12:06:58 pm »
I'd say Ringo Star and Santana are out too
as they like Fogerty (18th) are scheduled at Bethel (original woodstock site) on 16th and 17th

One insider said the Merriweather Post option is a non-starter: “The bands won’t do it. They were contracted to play a show in Watkins Glen.” A second source backs up this assertion noting that many of the top-drawing artists have already been paid and are simply waiting for the festival to cancel itself so they can keep their fees.

billy is saying it's not happening
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 12:13:55 pm by Bumfuzzle-Hatch ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2019, 02:10:05 pm »
Organizers of the Woodstock 50 festival have formally released all artists scheduled to play from their contracts, Billboard has learned.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/touring/8523989/woodstock-50-releases-all-artists-lineup-maryland-move-venue

MAGA 2020

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2019, 11:03:09 pm »
This has firefest 2 written all over it minus being stranded on some shitty island.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2019, 07:05:57 pm »
😐 🎶

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2019, 08:24:58 am »
The dead & co are out (fine with me)
slack

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2019, 09:10:35 am »
This has firefest 2 written all over it minus being stranded on some shitty island.
well Trump's current comments on Baltimore... makes it less likely the MAGA crowd will take a chance on getting that close to a 'disgusting and rat infested mess'
slack

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2019, 12:31:38 pm »
as recent as Sunday night, Hurwitz was saying he had not yet seen any proposed acts. “We’re still waiting to hear who is playing, but that’s not our job,” said Hurwitz. “They do still have a venue if they have a show.”

No matter Woodstock 50’s motivations, this coming week looks to be pivotal with so much riding on the decisions currently being made by artists along with their managers and agents as to whether they'll play or skip the jeopardized music festival which even at this late date still could happen in some form.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 12:34:52 pm by Nisus-Hatch ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

MAGA 2020

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2019, 06:38:36 pm »
well Trump's current comments on Baltimore... makes it less likely the MAGA crowd will take a chance on getting that close to a 'disgusting and rat infested mess'

Love or Hate Trump I can't really disagree with him on his Bmore comments.  The city (minus a few white/rich) areas is a dump.

hutch

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2019, 07:33:21 pm »
But is that the point?

I mean it’s one thing if we talk badly about a city but for the President to trash a major American city, call it rat infested and say nobody wants to live there?

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2019, 06:26:45 am »
Say it ain’t so ( country) joe (McDonald)
slack

K8teebug

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2019, 08:58:23 am »

Love or Hate Trump I can't really disagree with him on his Bmore comments.  The city (minus a few white/rich) areas is a dump.

Where exactly have you been in Baltimore? I am from Baltimore, and the people and neighborhoods are some of the best in America. People from Baltimore do not shy away from the challenges the people and the city are facing. I wish instead of dismissing it, people would educate themselves about the systematic racism that has been part of the city since the 50's, and work to change it like so many of us are doing.

hutch

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2019, 10:16:24 am »
All major cities have bad areas...the point is Trump shouldn’t be saying those things about a city where Americans live

It’s not about debating wether Baltimore is a shithole

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2019, 10:26:40 am »
I dirve through a lot of Baltimore to go to the Kennedy Krieger Center and I have to say I have never seen anything as bad...its like Mad Max or some movie after a nuclear holocaust.. I'm guessing many people who live in Baltimore never go into these areas.. these areas are obviously the high crime areas....

so true about Baltimore.. they got the fat chicks over there

Yes..my favorite singer of all time and arguably the greatest American singer....born 100 years ago tomorrow in Philly... subsequently grew up in the whorehouses of Baltimore (ahh..Baltimore.....driving around not much has changed) before moving to NYC . . .

I've driven by there a lot taking my kids up to Kennedy Krieger.. nobody should live there.. I have seen things there you don't expect to see.. burning cars.. people motoring along major roads in wheelchairs....cops everywhere.. .crack hoes...you name it..

the low end of baltimore is really low....

Baltimore should be avoided entirely....

I think this should have been a natural DC show...in DC they would have done allright..Baltimore is kind of a dump riot ridden city without too many people..
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 10:46:30 am by Julian, Adroit TASTEMAKER »
LVMH