Author Topic: Seth in the news  (Read 25765 times)

Thousand Made-Up Loves

Seth in the news
« on: August 21, 2019, 04:17:15 pm »
Suspect Charged with Solicitation of Prostitution from Massage Therapist; Possibility of Additional Victims
Posted on August 21, 2019 by Rebecca Innocenti
Detectives from the Special Investigations Division – Vice and Intelligence Unit have charged Seth Hurwitz, age 60, of the 6100 block of Lenox Road in Bethesda, with solicitation of prostitution from a licensed massage therapist at her place of business.  Based on statements Hurwitz made to the victim during this investigation, detectives are concerned that there are additional victims.

On August 16, the victim, a licensed massage and physical therapist, came forward to report the solicitation to police.

Detectives learned that on August 15, at approximately 12:30 p.m., Hurwitz called the massage business and spoke to the victim to make an appointment for a massage at 3:00 pm that day.

During the massage session, Hurwitz made sexual comments and inappropriate sexual motions.  He implied to the victim that her tip would be greater if she performed sexual acts.  The victim also noted that Hurwitz had left a roll of cash laying on the floor in plain view in the massage room.  Twice during the interaction, Hurwitz asked the victim if she would consider coming to his home and providing a massage.  The victim declined.  The victim ended the massage early due to Hurwitz’ increasing inappropriate sexual behavior.

Later that day, Hurwitz texted the victim’s business phone.  He texted and called her the next day (August 16), asking if she would come to his home.  In a text conversation and a phone call between the victim and Hurwitz, during which Vice and Intelligence Unit detectives were present with the victim, Hurwitz agreed to pay cash in exchange for the victim performing sexual favors.  In a follow-up text conversation, Hurwitz said that he would come to the business on August 21.

Today, August 21, detectives arrested Hurwitz as he arrived at the massage business.  He was transported to the Central Processing Unit and charged with solicitation for prostitution.  He was released on a $5,000 bond.

Due to statements Hurwitz made during conversations with the victim about having similar arrangements with other women, investigators believe that there may be additional victims.  Anyone who believes that she is a victim is asked to call detectives at 240-773-5958.

Note: The Department is not releasing the name of the massage business so that the victim’s identity remains confidential.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Seth in the news
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 04:27:31 pm »
Seth in the news
TM-UL, I like you, dude, but you are terrible at thread names.

Well, folks, its been fun these last 17 years or so on here. Shoot me a message in the PMs before the board goes away if you want to keep in touch and we aren't already in contact outside of here.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 04:40:33 pm by Julian, Adroit TASTEMAKER »
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 04:33:09 pm »
oh my.

source.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 04:37:40 pm »
Julian gone?

Finally

« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 04:44:22 pm by hutch »

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2019, 04:52:39 pm »
Julian gone?

Finally
I think this was more "IMP is going to implode over this scandal and this board will no longer exist?"

doubtful that will happen, but don't think anyone would have ever known if TM-UL hadn't brought it up
No news sources have yet to run with it....but I'm sure they will, no doubt about it

In fact I'm sure Live Nation will make sure the story is heard from every mountain top

Men and their dicks....getting in trouble since the beginning of time
slack

nkotb

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2019, 04:56:02 pm »
Oh man, I saw this on Twitter first and run IMMEDIATELY to the board. 

I blame myself for coming back...everything was fine until then!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2019, 04:56:30 pm »
doubtful that will happen, but don't think anyone would have ever known if TM-UL hadn't brought it up
No news sources have yet to run with it....but I'm sure they will, no doubt about it
Channel 7 ABC posted it to the DC reddit page so presumably they will run something on it. I'm sure there's some whose job it is at every news source to read all these daily releases from law enforcement looking for stories so I disagree TM-UL's actions alone brought this to light.

I think this was more "IMP is going to implode over this scandal and this board will no longer exist?"
Yes, I think if you wanted to list things that greatly endanger an open forum where people can quickly register and then sound off on IMP/930 related topics, this sort of story is exactly that. I would be very surprised if "ends" IMP -- him selling his share of it would be the worst case scenario.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2019, 05:07:36 pm »
Julian gone?

Finally

In fact I'm sure Live Nation will make sure the story is heard from every mountain top

Men and their dicks....getting in trouble since the beginning of time

Dude firstly this is obviously fake news!! All that know Seth know he is a full time comedian....the jokes aren’t always funny and sometimes they go over like a lead balloon as seems to be the case here....

Second, LNTM and IMP are working together now....Anthem is even switching to TM!

nkotb

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2019, 05:08:46 pm »
Holy shit this is BEAUTIFUL

Dude firstly this is obviously fake news!! All that know Seth know he is a full time comedian....the jokes aren’t always funny and sometimes they go over like a lead balloon as seems to be the case here....

Second, LNTM and IMP are working together now....Anthem is even switching to TM!

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2019, 05:11:26 pm »
I am legitimately not certain if he’s being serious. Not joking.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2019, 05:15:21 pm »
I am legitimately not certain if he’s being serious. Not joking.

Oh...you again...

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2019, 05:24:06 pm »
Dude firstly this is obviously fake news!!
I'm not sure that is the case
Sweets link looks pretty legit
just saw it on WJLA too

this part seems to be getting a lot of the press as well
Due to statements Hurwitz made during conversations with the victim about having similar arrangements with other women, investigators believe that there may be additional victims.  Anyone who believes that she is a victim is asked to call detectives at 240-773-5958.

Not very woke of the police to say "that she is a victim"

Channel 7 ABC posted it to the DC reddit page so presumably they will run something on it. I'm sure there's some whose job it is at every news source to read all these daily releases from law enforcement looking for stories so I disagree TM-UL's actions alone brought this to light.
I meant no one on this board...
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 05:31:56 pm by greatly disloyal - hatch ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2019, 05:41:22 pm »
on almost every local news
I'm sure the AP and the Times will be syndicating this story soon too

Consequence of Sound is now running with it now

not good news...
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 05:43:22 pm by greatly disloyal - hatch ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2019, 05:51:56 pm »
Consequence of Sound is now running with it now
From comments section: “This is really going to put a blemish on the squeaky clean image of night club owners everywhere!”
LVMH