Author Topic: Seth in the news  (Read 25758 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Seth in the news
« Reply #120 on: August 23, 2019, 12:15:24 pm »
I'm confused, is the sign on seth's lawn?
what does the Honda Odyssey in his driveway have to do with it
This is how a quality writer humanizes a story and ties multiple themes together with a disjointed micro-view as an epilogue. Do you even read my longform posts?
LVMH

« Reply #121 on: August 23, 2019, 12:17:42 pm »
I read that as WJLA pointing out the hypocrisy of having that sign in one's yard and subjecting a female professional to unwanted advances.
Now that makes more sense...
slack

« Reply #122 on: August 23, 2019, 12:22:28 pm »
I don't want to disagree with whoever is advising Seth how to handle this but I really think the silence is off the mark. He has a real opportunity not only to come out of this unscathed but flip it into a positive. Imagine what the reaction would be if he just came out, admitted his mistake, and offered two free tickets to all females to any upcoming non-sold-out show as an act of contrition. Check and mate.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #123 on: August 23, 2019, 12:55:57 pm »
I don't want to disagree with whoever is advising Seth how to handle this but I really think the silence is off the mark. He has a real opportunity not only to come out of this unscathed but flip it into a positive. Imagine what the reaction would be if he just came out, admitted his mistake, and offered two free tickets to all females to any upcoming non-sold-out show as an act of contrition. Check and mate.

empowering Weblebrity is a Bitch Day by breaking it out of its June prison?  i like it...
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #124 on: August 23, 2019, 12:56:28 pm »
Hey Seth, sell that house.  Retire.  Move to the west coast.  Start over.  No one will care. 

can confirm that this plan works.
<sig>

« Reply #125 on: August 23, 2019, 01:06:24 pm »

empowering Weblebrity is a Bitch Day by breaking it out of its June prison?  i like it...
Don't retire a gameplan until it stops working.
LVMH

« Reply #126 on: August 23, 2019, 01:08:32 pm »
Hey Seth, sell that house.  Retire.  Move to the west coast.  Start over.  No one will care. 

can confirm that this plan works.
well you did everything ...except retire? 
slack

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #127 on: August 23, 2019, 01:21:32 pm »

I don't think this'll work...
nothx

« Reply #128 on: August 23, 2019, 01:22:54 pm »

I mean the siren song of sweet, sweet free tickets got you back here. . .
LVMH

WALKonBack

« Reply #129 on: August 23, 2019, 01:28:09 pm »
That takes friends with benefits, to a whole new level.

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #130 on: August 23, 2019, 01:33:05 pm »

I mean the siren song of sweet, sweet free tickets got you back here. . .

nothx

hutch

« Reply #131 on: August 23, 2019, 01:46:06 pm »
WOW miss pretentious

nkotb

« Reply #132 on: August 23, 2019, 01:49:25 pm »

Man, it's like a high school reunion up in here.  Welcome back!

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #133 on: August 23, 2019, 02:07:18 pm »
So scandal brings everyone to the yard
T.Rex

Space Freely

« Reply #134 on: August 23, 2019, 02:09:54 pm »
I read that as WJLA pointing out the hypocrisy of having that sign in one's yard and subjecting a female professional to unwanted advances.
Now that makes more sense...

That's what drunktang was saying.