Author Topic: Maybe we should just impeach Trump  (Read 64506 times)

Re: Maybe we should just impeach Trump
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2019, 02:18:44 pm »
This seems foolish in that it will give loony Giuliani a chance to lie on the floor of congress...which he is sure to do and then face legal issues with that lie

Lindsey Graham tweeted Tuesday that he would offer Rudy Giuliani a chance to testify before the committee about his "concerns"  that Joe Biden pressured Ukraine to fire a prosecutor investigating his son.
ok...that was a blip...back to your talk about smoking joints onstage
Rudy Giuliani told the Washington Post in an interview Tuesday that he will not testify or provide documents to the House Intelligence Committee until its chairman, Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), is removed and the full House votes to authorize a formal impeachment inquiry.

See how he added a condition that will surely not be met

Again, is there a good argument for not holding the vote...there has to be and I'm just not seeing it

Edit...I like this opinion
Jonathan Allen @jonallendc
Subtext: Republicans want a vote on impeachment or impeachment inquiry as soon as possible because poll numbers are moving away from Trump and they want to lock in a high-water vote total. Democrats want to wait because numbers are moving in their favor and want a higher # later.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 02:40:05 pm by Cap't Side-Kangaroo ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|ll »
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2019, 04:48:50 pm »
Also, can someone give me a good reason not to have the dems have a vote to begin the impeachment process
one line of reasoning is Trump wants to force House Democrats in vulnerable races to be on the record
My understanding that Pelosi can hold the vote, but still not grant GOP wishes to grandstand on the floor and issue useless soapens

I know this is soo last week (which might as well be last decade with the news cycle of late)

mixed in with the Dem's desire to wait for even better numbers and not wanting to lock in the votes of at-risk reps: i suspect that Pelosi doesn't want to be bossed around.  she wants to snub the GOP. 
<sig>

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2019, 06:15:49 pm »
good stuff....
Jon Favreau @jonfavs
The official White House position is that they’ll only cooperate with an impeachment inquiry if Congress ends the impeachment inquiry.
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2019, 06:18:16 pm »
Why Democrats aren't planning to vote on an impeachment inquiry

vindication:
"If we want to do it, we'll do it. If we don't, we don't," Pelosi told the Atlanta Journal Constitution's editorial board Friday. "But we're certainly not going to do it because of the President."
<sig>

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2019, 02:27:16 pm »
Wise words from a rocker
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2019, 10:44:52 am »
Rudy's underlings arrested for campaign finance violations.

Let's hope the Feds get them to sing like canaries... Work their way up the ladder.
<sig>

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2019, 11:01:40 am »
trump lays into fox as he didn't like their polling and ends with ...Oh well, I’m President!

Whoever their Pollster is, they suck.

Guess we should have expected this

yesterday @NateSilver538
Fox News does good, nonpartisan, unbiased polling, so there's no reason to expect their numbers on impeachment to be different than the other good polls, but can still imagine this one is going to cause a wee bit of anxiety in the White House.
slack

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2019, 01:02:03 pm »
Rudy's underlings arrested for campaign finance violations.

Let's hope the Feds get them to sing like canaries... Work their way up the ladder.
This is getting crazy and looks like there are fingerprints everywhere
another interesting twist
Part of the alleged scheme revolved around an effort to curry favor with politicians who could help them win licenses for a retail marijuana business they hoped to establish. The business venture and the ensuing lobbying effort was largely funded by a Russian national

Edit....news is coming so fast..Not looking good for Rudy or trump...especially since Rex has a axe to grind

President Trump pressured then-Secretary of State Rex Tillerson to help convince the Department of Justice (DOJ) to drop a criminal investigation against an Iranian-Turkish gold trader who was also a client of Trump's current personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, Bloomberg reports.

Tillerson has openly said that Trump asked him multiple times to do things that would break the law,

Edit #2 - Prosecutors say Giuliani associates were trying to leave US with one-way tickets when arrested
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 03:58:42 pm by Side-Wirch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|ll »
slack

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2019, 06:54:56 pm »
thump, thump

the sound the bus made as it ran over rudy
You'd have to ask Rudy

Worth noting: The Federal Election Commission currently cannot launch any new investigations into illicit campaign contributions from foreign nationals, because the August resignation of vice chairman Matthew Petersen left the agency without the minimum 4 commissioners necessary to make high-level decisions.

been hearing how they have intentionally not restaffed the FEC...as if they knew stuff like this would happen

Edit...so much fucking news
Barr...yes the country's top cop...went to have a private meeting with Rupurt Murdoch at his home in NY?!?!
is the 'state run media' not doing what the state wants?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 07:05:30 pm by El-Hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|ll »
slack

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2019, 09:55:59 pm »

was probably made for his last attorney, but great when a punch line can get reused
slack

hutch

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2019, 09:58:02 pm »
It would be better if it misspelled a word...

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2019, 10:00:20 pm »
It would be better if it misspelled a word...
yeah, but then you would have thought I made it
slack

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2019, 09:23:22 am »
company name was Fraud Guarantee....WTF can't make this shit up!

Same guy owns this club...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 12:47:10 pm by shiny object ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|ll »
slack

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2019, 05:23:15 pm »
really not looking good for rudy

Asked if Rudy Giulaini is still his personal attorney, Trump says, "I don't know"

also
WTF...AG Barr blames drug overdoses, mental health issues on secularism in society

really....The White House accidentally sent Democrats a list of talking points  AGAIN!

Can we change the title of this threat...Impeach all of Team Trump
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 05:28:14 pm by shiny object ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|ll »
slack

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2019, 09:33:09 am »
Trump can't stop from interfering with voting...:)

@realDonaldTrump
Vote for good guy @seanspicer  tonight on Dancing With The Stars. He has always been there for us!
slack