Author Topic: Maybe we should just impeach Trump  (Read 66400 times)

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
Re: Maybe we should just impeach Trump
« Reply #435 on: May 06, 2022, 06:41:59 pm »
in case anyone wanted an update on the state of the GOP:

US man charged with wife’s murder wins Republican town primary from jail
Andrew Wilhoite, 40, of Lebanon, Indiana, accused of killing Nikki Wilhoite with flower pot and dumping her body in nearby creek

He missed out on a career as a generic Hollywood TV thug, the kind of actor who's never a star but seems to be in everything.
😐 🎶

Starsky

« Reply #436 on: August 08, 2022, 07:14:13 pm »

« Reply #437 on: August 08, 2022, 07:42:13 pm »
Whoa.. we got Hutch believing
This is big!

Was great to read this
FBI raids Trump’s Mar-a-Lago
slack

Starsky

« Reply #438 on: August 08, 2022, 08:19:47 pm »

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #439 on: August 08, 2022, 08:35:34 pm »
Imagine being the judge asked to sign what appears to be a no-knock warrant on an ex-President’s personal home.
LVMH

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #440 on: August 08, 2022, 09:05:39 pm »
And here I thought the best news of the day was the MAGA t-shirt company getting busted and mightily fined for replacing  labels that said “made in china” to “made in America”..

Oh and the assclown running for Michigan AG post illegally getting his mitts on vote tabulating machines in order to examine them…
T.Rex

Space Freely

« Reply #441 on: August 08, 2022, 09:31:36 pm »
Is this the start of the Civil War?

« Reply #442 on: August 08, 2022, 10:06:08 pm »
had some random High School acquaintance write "this is the start of a civil war" and I immediately unfriended him
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #443 on: August 08, 2022, 10:14:27 pm »
had some random High School acquaintance write "this is the start of a civil war" and I immediately unfriended him

I hope he's wrong.

Starsky

« Reply #444 on: August 08, 2022, 10:24:16 pm »
Civil War.

I don’t see it but I suppose if it came one would want their “side” controlling the presidency. I mean imagine a civil war with Trump or Desantis as president?

I do think the United States in on track for some sort of uncivil disagreement but I remain or want to be hopeful someone or something will break through the logjam we seem to increasingly be experiencing. I would date it back to 1992 when Republicans could not accept that Clinton was picked over Bush. Then we saw the “Gingrich revolution” of 1994 and it steadily went downhill with the Republican attempt at impeachment, the Supreme Court stealing the 2000 election from Gore, etc etc etc. We need to get off this treadmill we are on. We have had moments like this in the past and in some cases managed to negotiate them (the party battles of the 1790s) and in one not (the Civil War which wasn’t so much a case or moment but when the bill came do for our original sin: the compromise of 1787).
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 10:27:02 pm by Starsky »

Starsky

« Reply #445 on: August 08, 2022, 11:21:52 pm »
Good lord Republicans are embarrassing themselves.

I guess it’s nothing new….

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #446 on: August 08, 2022, 11:27:40 pm »
😐 🎶

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #447 on: August 08, 2022, 11:32:45 pm »
as one would expect, Das Right is crying foul.  they are claiming that the current DOJ has been fully politicized (as opposed to the last one?!?!?), that the raid on mar-al-fuego was done to influence the midterms*, and kevin mccarthy has told garland to hold on to all documents because once the GOP takes over the house there will be non-stop investigations into "all this illegal activity."

trump took documents from the white house, which is both illegal and could have national security implications because some of the docs were classified.  pointing out that if a dem had done this during the previous admin they'd be in gitmo by now is obviously pointless... but how they can complain about the DOJ investigating a known and admitted crime is just crazyballz.

*midterms are 91 days away.  DOJ has a policy of not doing anything that could be seen as overtly political within 90 days of an election - hence today's timing ;D
<sig>

« Reply #448 on: August 09, 2022, 12:37:00 am »

I am crying and having to try to explain why I just laughed so loud after midnight…
slack

« Reply #449 on: August 09, 2022, 12:40:20 am »

*midterms are 91 days away.  DOJ has a policy of not doing anything that could be seen as overtly political within 90 days of an election - hence today's timing ;D
am I weird if this is the favorite part of that story
slack