Author Topic: Dry January  (Read 4134 times)

Space Freely

Re: Dry January
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2024, 03:34:51 pm »
Julian - thank you for sharing. I hope you're able to find a way out of this horrid situation soon.

Someday I may share my darkness. In the meantime, I see and feel your struggles.

Ditto. Really sorry, Julian. And kudos to you for being fucking brave enough to share. I know we'll all be pulling for you, thinking good vibes and thoughts, praying...whatever it is we do to get by.

Yada

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2024, 03:54:19 pm »
I couldn't have said it better... but fuck Jules, that is horrific. Sorry man!!

Thank you. I don't know if you saw my edit, but I wanted to make sure, since apparently I'm doing this, that you got the answer to the question you've long been asking:

EDIT: To tie up lose ends on one of Yada's long-unanswered questions, I and her mother GPS tracked "her" Subaru to her hometown of Saratoga Springs in the summer during Travers week, back during a time period where we held out hope that some sort of rehab would be possible. I do not want to get into specifics about why we were hopeful that within the confines of that court system we would have a better chance of getting her TROed of 72-hour-held or whatever they call it in NY (because I fear getting an in-law doxxed or accused of something), but it was a working Hail Mary. I and a "private investigator" tracked "her" car to the Phish show I attended in hopes of getting her brought in front of the legal system in that particular county but we sadly never found her. I think she might have spotted me first and left. By the time we rechecked the Subaru app she was halfway to the Canadian border. Sadly she returned to the US.

Well... you can't make that up!

Space Freely

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2024, 03:56:20 pm »
I'll also say that I'm not a fan of weed, but in terms of self-medicating mental issues, it's world's better than alcohol. I only have to compare my highly functioning pothead wife with her fucked up alcoholic brother to reach that conclusion.

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2024, 04:10:11 pm »
jez, don't check the board for a few hours

Jules, I am sorry you had to go through that, I wouldn't even wish that on my worst enemy
sounds traumatic, and hope things in your life get brighter

Kinda feel like an ass wondering why you would neglect to retort to my childish digs at you over the past year

Learn from the past; you can't alter it, but accepting it and gaining insights will guide you and hopefully bring you peace in the future that you are no longer living that past

I've had my fair share of darkness over the past few years, not sure I could be so open to sharing it here
but do appreciate that some of you show that you are real human beings and feel honored that you would share

I came here to originally say I've been on a dry-weed stretch since Christmas day, not sure how long I will keep it up
been harder than I thought it would be
« Last Edit: January 03, 2024, 04:12:24 pm by Semi-Prime-hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Yada

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2024, 04:24:49 pm »

I came here to originally say I've been on a dry-weed stretch since Christmas day, not sure how long I will keep it up
been harder than I thought it would be

At this point, it's the only thing that helps sleep... unless I want to get addicted to Xannies or something. If it wasn't a sleep aid, I could easily give it up.

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2024, 04:42:08 pm »
The one thing that returns when I stop smoking is my dreams
I just don't remember them when I consume weed, but the day after I stop I remember them every night

I consider myself a lucky person and never had issues getting to sleep or getting enough sleep
I still get up at 6-6:30 most mornings feeling fine no matter what time I get to bed

I assume someday that will catch up with me.

For me, I have a hard time doing chores/manual labor or hiking/biking/kayaking without weed
definitely doesn't slow me down like most
« Last Edit: January 03, 2024, 04:43:51 pm by Semi-Prime-hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack