Author Topic: Last concert you attended before the hammer came down?  (Read 2574 times)

hutch

Last concert you attended before the hammer came down?
« on: March 23, 2020, 08:19:36 pm »
My friends band Outer Body Llama at Arcuri - a restaurant bar in Glover Park

In retrospect I am now glad I didn’t hold anything back...buying beers for friends,  running a huge tab, staying til the very end, making plans for future rocking...and glad quite a few friends I don’t see as often anymore where there ...there was a good vibe that night

hutch

Re: Last concert you attended before the hammer came down?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 08:25:42 pm »
Outer Body Llama was March 7

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 09:42:02 pm »
Heilung!

hutch

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 09:49:24 pm »
Wow!! Way to go out with a bang!

Well played

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2020, 09:53:39 pm »
/deep bow/

Yada

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2020, 10:24:27 pm »
Phish in Mexico.

hutch

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2020, 10:27:27 pm »
Damn, that’s another great one! You guys went out firing both barrels

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2020, 10:31:31 pm »
Hallelulajah the Hills at Club603 in Baltimore. March 14th. Felt weird about attending. Only 20 or so people there though, plus the bands. Kept my distance from folks, but will be glad when 14 days have passed from that....

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2020, 11:37:05 pm »
Poguetry at the black cat March 7th
it was a great show too
slack

hutch

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2020, 11:40:15 pm »
Is it too much to ask for a little more flavor? I mean we may not see a show for months...let’s relive the experience...

gavroche

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2020, 06:35:01 pm »
Algiers at the Black Cat, March 12.  Hammered Hulls with Alex McKaye opened.  9:30 Club and most of the other clubs in town were already shut down.  Ian and Dante were both in the crowd.  It wasn't a full show, but not noticeably less crowded than Algier's other shows at the cat.  Good vibe, Alex actually said please buy some merchandise from Algiers because they are going to have a tough time on this tour... next night they were in Atlanta and then the whole tour was over for them.

I let my wife come, who went for fear that I would die of the coronavirus without her (though I tried to assure her that we live together and so if I got it she'd inevitably come down with it too).  Had fish and chips at the Codmother for dinner as we waited.  Wife hated Hammered Hulls but was surprised to find that she enjoyed Algiers a lot.  It was a short set, no encore and it definitely felt like people were either a little guilty being there and rushing to get home, or trying too hard to pretend that everything was normal. 

Definitely not the same love for Algiers as they have in Europe but they sounded good and it was good to be out.  I'm almost 14 days clear at this point, though we did go out for Chinese food the next night... so we have to get buy that one too.

Glenstone just shut down the outdoor sculpture garden, so there goes our excursion for the weekend.

hutch

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2020, 07:45:12 pm »
Thank you gavroche! Fantastic reportage

I felt like I was at the Black Cat with you, Ian and Dante...did you notice if mutton chops aka Al Budd was working the bar?

You really danced with the covid devil but sounds like you are good

gavroche

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2020, 10:08:05 am »
Thank you gavroche! Fantastic reportage

I felt like I was at the Black Cat with you, Ian and Dante...did you notice if mutton chops aka Al Budd was working the bar?

You really danced with the covid devil but sounds like you are good

I didn't go to the bar so I don't know if Al Budd was there.  I did buy a t-shirt which I'm wearing now, just to support the band.  (I washed it first).  Looks like this will be my longest show hiatus in a long time.       

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2020, 10:55:32 am »
Bodega/The Wants at DC9.
5 concerts canceled through May so far.

heff

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2020, 08:45:54 pm »
Wire - Union Stage.  March 9.  I felt like it was the standard crowd size for a 43 year old band on a Monday night.  Typical Wire setlist, heavy on the new album and spread out through the rest of their career.  Two from IBTABA (not Eardrum Buzz) and one from Manscape. Of course no 12XU.  Only mention of the virus was before the encore, Graham Nolan asked if we hadn't been touching anyone and then said "I'm not touching anyone again, ever!"  Colin Newman made some joke about that (which I forget) and they ripped into a song "about bugs" - Outdoor Miner followed by one of those unplayable songs "Former Airline".  Good Wire show.