Author Topic: The, mixed drink, thread  (Read 7816 times)

bearman🐻

Re: The, mixed drink, thread
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2020, 11:23:22 am »
Gin, ginger beer, ginger simple syrup, lemon juice, splash of soda water.

Bourbon, juice of 1/2 fresh orange, splash of ginger simple syrup, ginger beer, splash of soda water.

My "I'm not in quarantine, I'm on vacation drink" is:
Malibu and Myers rum, fresh lemon and lime juice, pineapple juice, a bit of small batch grenadine, and a splash of soda water.

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2020, 11:33:26 am »
My "I'm not in quarantine, I'm on vacation drink" is:
Malibu and Myers rum, fresh lemon and lime juice, pineapple juice, a bit of small batch grenadine, and a splash of soda water.
That’s solid as hell.
LVMH

WALKonBack

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2020, 06:59:18 pm »
this bearman, being a bear and a man, sure knows how to drink.

hutch

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2020, 07:23:08 pm »
Liquor you might as well kill me

On the other hand am barely getting a buzz and am on my 5th 16oz tecate

I just want to remain a functional alcoholic

evilizac

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2020, 10:42:45 am »
I jumped back into using the SodaStream so I'm Gin Rickey-ing it (heavy on the lime).
I'm trying to keep the carbs low and I like the fizz. Preferred brand is Tanqueray Rangpur infusion.
I tried making low carb simple syrup and flavoring the seltzer with lime essence, but the end result was a little to gin-ey for me.

WHAT?

WALKonBack

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2020, 11:02:29 am »
I jumped back into using the SodaStream so I'm Gin Rickey-ing it (heavy on the lime).
I'm trying to keep the carbs low and I like the fizz. Preferred brand is Tanqueray Rangpur infusion.
I tried making low carb simple syrup and flavoring the seltzer with lime essence, but the end result was a little to gin-ey for me.

I drink a shitload of canned sparkling water.  is a soda stream worth it?  is the taste ok?  I worship canned sparkling water, for it got me off soda permanently, and was worried those machines would not be the same.

evilizac

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2020, 03:48:14 pm »

I drink a shitload of canned sparkling water.  is a soda stream worth it?  is the taste ok?  I worship canned sparkling water, for it got me off soda permanently, and was worried those machines would not be the same.

I really like having the machine, but considering that I'm a compulsive eater/drinker, I can't really quantify the savings. I will go through a case of soda/water/beer in a matter of days and then be too lazy to purchase more. Their gas canisters run $17 per "refill" canister. The most recent one lasted two and a half, maybe three weeks. There are forums online about hacking the machine to use standard gas canisters or to home re-fill existing cannisters. I have poor taste buds, but I like the flavor. I will say, my wife is very picky and she was impressed by the level of fizz in comparison to her go to, which is Perrier.
   We recently got a new, more fashionable machine, which kicked off the new usage (along with working from home) and means we have an old machine not being used. I'd be more than will to pack it up, along with an older (technically expired, but still in use) bottle and if I can dig one up, a spent gas cannister (the cannisters cost more without one), and ship it out. It'll keep at bay my worst hoarder tendencies.
   Blame it on the pandemic, or blame it on the Ritalin, but I'm feeling semi-motivated and full of good will (and Ritalin). 
WHAT?

vansmack

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2020, 03:56:03 pm »
Even if they are only comparable, but not better, do it for the environment, walkie.

I used to drink a crap ton of beverages that came in plastic bottles and cans.  Now I refill a water bottle and drop in a Nuun tablet.  Even bought a Growler during the pandemic....
27>34

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2020, 03:58:44 pm »
.  Even bought a Growler during the pandemic....
do they fill growlers with miller high life?
slack

vansmack

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2020, 05:21:54 pm »
do they fill growlers with miller high life?

If they have it on tap they do!  That being said, I've been helping my local breweries not let their kegs go bad so I've been drinking a lot of Kölsch and blondes during the pandemic....
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2020, 05:56:06 pm »
I've been helping my local breweries not let their kegs go bad so I've been drinking a lot of Kölsch and blondes during the pandemic....

again: not all heroes wear capes.
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2020, 10:53:43 am »
Made Brass Monkey's last night.  Haven't made them since I was a bartender....

1 part dark run
1 part vodka
3-4 parts fresh squeezed OJ

Serve over ice with an orange garnish
27>34

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2020, 10:57:28 am »
Made Brass Monkey's last night.  Haven't made them since I was a bartender....

1 part dark run
1 part vodka
3-4 parts fresh squeezed OJ

Serve over ice with an orange garnish
As I said over in the other thread, the Beastie Boys have not aged well.
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2020, 05:50:48 pm »
I said over in the other thread, the Beastie Boys have not aged well.

This is why we're friends.  Everything I absolutely LOVE you LOATHE.  Smackie does not need another yes man in his life.
27>34

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2020, 06:00:50 pm »
I said over in the other thread, the Beastie Boys have not aged well.

This is why we're friends.  Everything I absolutely LOVE you LOATHE.  Smackie does not need another yes man in his life.
Its not performative either. Like I’m not trying to get your goat. I really don’t understand 90% of what you like. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
LVMH