Author Topic: Fiery Furnaces Friday  (Read 3641 times)

joz

Fiery Furnaces Friday
« on: April 06, 2005, 09:34:00 am »
i know there aren't too many fans on this board...maybe some of you have come around to them recently. anyone going to the show on friday?

nkotb

Re: Fiery Furnaces Friday
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 09:43:00 am »
I'm hoping to make it, but since I've missed every area date they've played due to work, I'm not holding my breathe.

markie

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 09:46:00 am »
I am a kind of fan. There is something about her voice and the way she sings that I find addictive. I meant to go to the other shows, but this will be my first FF show.

joz

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 09:55:00 am »
when they played the black cat last year, their whole set was a medley of songs. it was like they took blueberry boat and gallowsbird's bark and threw all the songs in a blender. most of the songs sounded completely different from the recordings, but were still really impressive. i'm interested to see if they do the same for a headlining gig at the 9:30.

markie

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2005, 09:56:00 am »
That does sound bad.

Kind of like indie "Jive Bunny".

SalParadise

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2005, 10:21:00 am »
i'm not that into their albums...but fuck, they give great performances. something about how she barks out those lyrics non-stop for the entire set is sexy as hell. the drummer has this interesting style (sometimes he'll smack the cymbals from underneath...just all depends on how he's moving to the music) that's fun to watch.

and then the brother kinda directing the whole thing.

i'm there.

joz

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2005, 11:29:00 am »
Originally posted by Miss MaRpIe:
  That does sound bad.

Kind of like indie "Jive Bunny".
uhhh...i was actually paying complement to the band's live performance. in fact, it was one of the best shows i saw last year.

suburbanstylee

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2005, 11:31:00 am »
if tickets are still available friday night im sure ill be there.

calecp01

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2005, 11:42:00 am »
I bought Blueberry Boat back when it came out, only listened to it a little bit, sorta liked it, then picked up the EP the other day, started to like them more, and this morning on the way to work is when it really hit me.  Are they popular enough to sell out?

joz

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2005, 12:11:00 pm »
Originally posted by cale:
  I bought Blueberry Boat back when it came out, only listened to it a little bit, sorta liked it, then picked up the EP the other day, started to like them more, and this morning on the way to work is when it really hit me.  Are they popular enough to sell out?
doubtful...out of all of my friends that have listened to them, only a small handful like them enough to go see them live. i don't even think the black cat show sold out last year.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2005, 01:11:00 pm »
i dunno, i wouldn't count out a sell-out ... tons of critical acclaim / hype ... i'm not a big fan of blueberry boat, but every card carrying critic sure is ...
(o|o)

xcanuck

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2005, 01:41:00 pm »
I'm thinking of trying to pick up a ticket at the door. I have to get tix for a bunch of other shows so the money I save on the service charges will more than pay to see FF.

Any word on the openers?

bobcat1

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2005, 01:31:00 am »
The Ottobar show late last year almost sold out...just shy of selling out.

freddyadu

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2005, 09:12:00 am »
What can anyone tell us about the openers?

w/ Dios Malos & Blood on the Wall

ratioci nation

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2005, 09:19:00 am »
Originally posted by freddyadu:
  What can anyone tell us about the openers?

w/ Dios Malos & Blood on the Wall
Dios Malos are the band formerly known as Dios, they  opened for everybody for a while, though I cant remember who they were opening for when I saw them

the highlight of their set for me is when they cover the Pixies' Where is My Mind?

i dont remember being impressed by any of their music