Author Topic: AND YOU WILL KNOW US BY THE TRAIL OF DEAD........  (Read 3554 times)

tinygee

AND YOU WILL KNOW US BY THE TRAIL OF DEAD........
« on: April 06, 2005, 02:55:00 pm »
Should be an outstanding show as usual...
 Any chance of a sell out in case I wanna buy me tickets at the door?? Anyone ever heard of this band the sword?? Octopus Project sounded decent.....Very happy that trail of dead's recent setlists have not included many Worlds Apart tracks.

nkotb

Re: AND YOU WILL KNOW US BY THE TRAIL OF DEAD........
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 03:53:00 pm »
What have they been playing?  Any chance of Totally Natural?  Too bad the bass player left...his songs were my fav.

mwoolever

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 04:28:00 pm »
Although it doesnt sound a lot like the old stuff there are a few quality tracks on Worlds Apart:
 'The Rest Will Follow'
 'Classic Arts Showcase'
 And i dont know why, but i really like 'The Lost City Of Refuge'.

If their last show at 930 was any indication, I dont think it will sell out.

tinygee

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 04:45:00 pm »
Why the fuck wouldnt this band sellout? they are are a step ahead ahead of about 75 percent of the bands out there, and they make for a fun and fucking crazy rock show...totally natural is always on their setlist. would love to hear em play source tags and codes...an incredible slow paced song for such a fast paced band.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2005, 04:51:00 pm »
Originally posted by tinygee:
  Why the fuck wouldnt this band sellout? they are are a step ahead ahead of about 75 percent of the bands out there, and they make for a fun and fucking crazy rock show...
are these your reasons for why a band will sell out? huh?

how about this: AYWKUBTYOD (that's always fun) won't sell out because not enough people like them.
(o|o)

tinygee

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2005, 04:53:00 pm »
i was waiting for one of you heckler losers to come out of the woodwork and start an argument.

tinygee

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2005, 04:57:00 pm »
point is, dickface, i find it funny that bloc party sells out but the trail of dead dont.

BookerT

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2005, 04:59:00 pm »
bloc party has never played in d.c. they've only played a handful of shows in the entire country. that band from austin plays here a whole lot and has been around for 10 years.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2005, 05:00:00 pm »
  point is, dickface, i find it funny that bloc party sells out but the trail of dead dont.
hilarious!

there's a lot of buzz, cock-muncher, around bloc party, whereas there is comparatively little around AYWKUBTTOD.

did i ever say anything bad about the band? i like them...
(o|o)

tinygee

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2005, 05:09:00 pm »
a valid point booker, did not know that....i was just arguing for the sake of arguing, what does bloc party sound like? I guess I just dont like that such a great band cant get the recognition they deserve when bands like oar and mudvayne are selling out the 930. They should be recognized with any top rock/indie performer...I thought for sure that 'Worlds Apart' would cater to a popular crowd, or at least allow them to sell out the black cat.

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2005, 05:13:00 pm »
http://www.metacritic.com/music/artists/andyouwillknowusbythetrailofdead/worldsapart

65 seems pretty underwhelming...

a valid point booker, did not know that....i was just arguing for the sake of arguing, what does bloc party sound like? I guess I just dont like that such a great band cant get the recognition they deserve when bands like oar and mudvayne are selling out the 930. They should be recognized with any top rock/indie performer...I thought for sure that 'Worlds Apart' would cater to a popular crowd, or at least allow them to sell out the black cat.

tinygee

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2005, 05:19:00 pm »
65 is not too bad...but all the major magazines praised their album, rolling stone, billboard, blah blah blah.

tenfifteen

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2005, 08:36:00 am »
65 is probably due to the assclowns who read the Pitchfork review (4.0 out of 10), and figured they needed to pile on.

I listened to it again on the way to work today... good album with a couple of great songs. Is it Source Tags & Codes? Not even close, but still really good. Last time I saw them in SF, they were a little flat, but they're still a great band, and I'm looking forward to tonight's show (and Saturday with Bloc Party).

It's funny all the enmity surrounding them not selling out, btw. Who gives a rat's ass? More room to move around, shorter lines for beer. Hell, I wish all shows were 70% of capacity.

nkotb

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2005, 08:37:00 am »
I've seen them probably around 6 times and they've only played that once, at the Black Cat about 3-4 years ago (just before Source Tags came out).

totally natural is always on their setlist.

tenfifteen

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2005, 08:39:00 am »
  65 is not too bad...but all the major magazines praised their album, rolling stone, billboard, blah blah blah.
That often means that they're just late to the party, and are making up for it by overly praising the new disc so they can be "hip." The major mags totally missed the train on the last disc as I recall. Oh well... I don't need some music rag/site to tell me what to like.