Author Topic: The 2024 thread...  (Read 6252 times)

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
The 2024 thread...
« on: November 06, 2020, 11:10:04 am »
Who are we thinking is sitting in the catbird seat? Will Biden run again? Is Kamala going to take over at the top of the ticket? JULIAN FOR THE FUTURE?

Will we see Trump try to run it back? Cruz or Haley in a return to traditional GOP values? Will Rubio run on a progressive financial package?

Election is only 1460 days away!
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: The 2024 thread...
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2020, 11:16:30 am »
Too soon, man. Can't we start thinking about potatoes again?

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2020, 11:20:15 am »
Too soon, man. Can't we start thinking about potatoes again?
I almost made a 2028 thread where in the first post, I referenced my fan-fic results of 2024.
LVMH

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2020, 11:29:56 am »
of course he'll run again... gotta keep that grift going...

hogan appears to be poised to run, but will be labelled a RINO almost immediately and will likely fair as well as O'Malley did... i just don't see him appealing to anyone but the most centrist given how far trump has moved the party...
T.Rex

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2020, 12:00:03 pm »
Tom Cotton, Nikki Haley and Josh Hawley
as well as every member of trump clan that is not in jail

I think Biden will only do one term and the Dems will need to have a primary (or can the DNC just pick Harris?)
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2020, 01:03:14 pm »
Without live music and politics to talk about in the near future, is this board going to survive?

There's always beer, home improvement, parenting, and things smackie needs us all to know, I guess. Oh, and Julian's integers.

Space Freely

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2020, 01:04:39 pm »
Tom Cotton, Nikki Haley and Josh Hawley
as well as every member of trump clan that is not in jail

I think Biden will only do one term and the Dems will need to have a primary (or can the DNC just pick Harris?)

I'd like four years of Biden, then a primary. Let the Democratic voters, not Joe Biden, pick their 2024 candidate.

hutch

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2020, 01:16:49 pm »
First of all Biden is going to go for re-election unlesss health fails him or he just doesn’t want it...no different from anyone else ..nobody gives up the presidency unless they have to or just can’t anymore

Second of all Biden will never pick his successor ..the most he would do is endorse His choice and I doubt he will do that

Be serious people..a lot  of stupid takes here

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2020, 01:21:56 pm »
You don’t say.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2020, 01:27:53 pm »
Without live music and politics to talk about in the near future, is this board going to survive?

There's always beer, home improvement, parenting, and things smackie needs us all to know, I guess. Oh, and Julian's integers.

Yeah this here..

I mean will this board be around in 2024?

I guess it’s normal for a board primarily about live music to be hurtin right now... but we do I think neeed a revamp when live music returns ..

Edit: of course DOH this has to be the last thing on IMP’s mind! The company needs to survive
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 01:30:30 pm by bitter much »

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2020, 01:46:13 pm »

I guess it’s normal for a board primarily about live music to be hurtin right now... but we do I think neeed a revamp when live music returns ..

I think we should probably turn into our strengths and increase our focus on me.
LVMH

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2020, 02:14:12 pm »
You don’t say.
yeah doood, why start now
slack

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2023, 09:18:38 pm »
Who are we thinking is sitting in the catbird seat? Will Biden run again? Is Kamala going to take over at the top of the ticket? JULIAN FOR THE FUTURE?

Will we see Trump try to run it back? Cruz or Haley in a return to traditional GOP values? Will Rubio run on a progressive financial package?

ah back when we thought there would be no chance of a trump Biden match-up and now it's all but inevitable unless one of them dies
slack

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2023, 10:52:24 pm »

ah back when we thought there would be no chance of a trump Biden match-up and now it's all but inevitable unless one of them dies
”No chance” and yet the post you quoted has me list then first when talking about each of their respective parties.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2023, 07:11:33 am »
Sad that the media decided to take Biden down a few notches….they want a horse race…They always pull this stuff…they did the same thing with the Hillary emails…I mean what does it mean to say someone is too old? By all reasonable measures he has had a very good presidency.

Everyone knows 81 or even 85 is -in an ideal world- too old for the biggest job in the world but does it necessarily mean someone can’t do the job particularly when they been doing it well (and, yes, delegating responsibility is the biggest part of the job).

In any case, now pretty much everyone agrees Biden is “too old” whatever that means.

And on cue David Ignatius on radio. He says Democrats feel he is too old but if media wasn’t saying he was too old would anyone care?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2023, 07:13:35 am by Hutch »