Author Topic: Biden Transition thread - ya know because they read this shit  (Read 10688 times)

Re: Biden Transition thread - ya know because they read this shit
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2020, 11:48:17 pm »
Vermont has a Republican governor, who could then appoint a Republican replacement for Bernie. Bernie aint going nowhere.
If Biden were to select Sanders for the position, Vermont's Republican Gov. Phil Scott would name an interim successor and then, by law, schedule a special election to fill the seat. Scott has said he would select "a more left-leaning type of independent that would obviously caucus with the Democrats" should Sanders take a job in the administration.

but if I had a dollar for every time a republican 'said' something...
slack

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2020, 09:24:39 am »
I will say...kinda bummed we likely won't be able to have a big inauguration like in years past
was looking forward to taking my kids down to the mall to see it this time around
slack

hutch

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2020, 12:20:31 pm »
I am planning to party hard that week...

I will try to do it responsibly

But I have earned it.. I have hardly done anything since March!!

The likely continuity between the Obama and Biden administrations is striking as are the number of likely women and people of color

Night and day from The terrible Trump interregnum

« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2020, 12:58:34 pm »
Night and day from The terrible Trump interregnum

TIL
interregnum
[ˌin(t)ərˈreɡnəm]
NOUN
a period when normal government is suspended, especially between successive reigns or regimes
slack

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2020, 09:09:52 pm »
Ron Klain as COS is probably a good pick.

Seems like hutch has good intel
President-elect Biden is poised to announce his chief of staff as early as Thursday, a top Biden official says. There is no final decision yet but multiple sources familiar with the matter say Ron Klain is the leading contender.

Confirmed shortly after
Ronald Klain@RonaldKlain
I’ve seen so many kind wishes tonight on this website. Thank you - and I’m sorry I can’t reply to each of you. 
I’m honored by the President-elect’s confidence and will give my all to lead a talented and diverse team in a Biden-Harris WH.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 09:32:01 pm by Side-conservatorship ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

hutch

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2020, 10:16:48 pm »
Well it’s been vox Populi for weeks!

Seeing him so many nights on O’Donnell well he seems like a good dude and kind of normal (but one never knows)

It’s like they are just going to promote everyone from the second term of Obama administration one rank up

Biden just seems so disciplined about everything...

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2020, 10:32:13 pm »
crazy...hiring people for highly important and complex jobs...with actual experience...total shocker, didn't think presidents did that anymore
slack

hutch

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2020, 10:35:49 pm »
It’s such a breath of fresh air

It’s such a relief

hutch

« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2020, 08:52:31 pm »
Oh and we have a state-sponsored protest this weekend in dc?!?!
https://trumpmarch.com/
Democrats are scheming to disenfranchise and nullify Republican votes. It’s up to the American people to stop it.

Proud Boys converging on DC for ‘Million MAGA March’ protesting election
I'll be attending this one via zoom, I might actually toobin a little
slack

« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2020, 09:33:21 pm »
ha
Trump lawyers appear to have filed a lawsuit in the wrong court, sending what was supposed to be a Michigan suit to a special D.C. federal court that only hears monetary claims against the federal government.

waaaait a minute...did I hear that Lindsey called for the Trump administration to allow the Biden transition to begin. 

that can't be real...was that a parody account?

and also made a $1 million donation to get the R's re-elected in GA (that was expected...although his funders gave him 1mil I'm sure)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 09:59:39 pm by Dominion voting-hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2020, 04:03:51 am »
Oh and we have a state-sponsored protest this weekend in dc?!?!
https://trumpmarch.com/
Democrats are scheming to disenfranchise and nullify Republican votes. It’s up to the American people to stop it.

Proud Boys converging on DC for ‘Million MAGA March’ protesting election
I'll be attending this one via zoom, I might actually toobin a little

Saturday’s Pro-Trump Events In DC Have a Very Real Potential to Turn Violent, According to Experts Who Track Extremism
Militia members, white nationalists, and conspiracy theorists are on their way to town.

please be careful, folks.  i'd stay away from this one.  it'll probably be fine, but the downside risk is yuge.
<sig>

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2020, 09:36:55 am »
[Lindsey Graham] also made a $1 million donation to get the R's re-elected in GA (that was expected...although his funders gave him 1mil I'm sure)
Remember four short weeks ago when he was literally sobbing on television about how broke he and his campaign were and moaning "Give me money. Money me. Money now. Me a money needing a lot now" like a fake cancer patient at a Beef and Beer?
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2020, 04:32:35 pm »
[Lindsey Graham] also made a $1 million donation to get the R's re-elected in GA (that was expected...although his funders gave him 1mil I'm sure)
Remember four short weeks ago when he was literally sobbing on television about how broke he and his campaign were and moaning "Give me money. Money me. Money now. Me a money needing a lot now" like a fake cancer patient at a Beef and Beer?

so you're saying you expect consistency from the GOP?
<sig>