Author Topic: 2021 how is going?  (Read 9934 times)

Yada

Re: 2021 how is going?
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2021, 12:02:30 pm »

Watching Soul (movie).... lots going for it

Some ultra woke neighbor of mine was trying to tell me that Soul is racist and she won't let her children watch it.

Yes, this neighbor does have a mixed race family and the father was/is somewhat of a close friend of mine but covid has kind of like most relationships made us grow apart.

I'm as liberal as they come but I'm pretty tired of this shit... It's a God damn feel good movie and this woman has to make everything a race issue. This is the same lady that discusses political oppression, gender issues, tells her kids santa isn't real but yet won't let them watch fucking Soul. End morning rant.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2021, 12:23:33 pm »

Some ultra woke neighbor of mine was trying to tell me that Soul is racist and she won't let her children watch it.

Yes, this neighbor does have a mixed race family and the father was/is somewhat of a close friend of mine but covid has kind of like most relationships made us grow apart.

I'm as liberal as they come but I'm pretty tired of this shit... It's a God damn feel good movie and this woman has to make everything a race issue. This is the same lady that discusses political oppression, gender issues, tells her kids santa isn't real but yet won't let them watch fucking Soul. End morning rant.

Huh.

Yada

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2021, 12:28:51 pm »

Huh.

I'm glad you agree a six and three year old should be able to watch soul if they're allowed to discuss black men being killed daily, them/theys, and to ruin santa for multiple other children in the neighborhood.

hutch

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2021, 12:53:49 pm »
I must be really unwoke cause I thought it was a great movie including its depiction of black people...and jazz

I came away thinking it would be great if more movies featuring black characters were like Soul

God I am a horrible racist aren’t I?

Yada

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2021, 12:59:10 pm »
I must be really unwoke cause I thought it was a great movie including its depiction of black people...and jazz

I came away thinking it would be great if more movies featuring black characters were like Soul

Exactly. I'm on the same side of everything with this lady and she makes an argument/issue out of basically any topic.

She's also a lawyer so pretty much on brand.

Space Freely

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2021, 01:08:37 pm »

Sorry this happened to you. Was she saying this *after* you told her your own feelings about the movie? If so, that's pretty fucking bold. If not, she's allowed to express her opinion and it's fine for friends to have vastly differing opinions. Focus on the positive and try to mute button the negative.

Space Freely

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2021, 01:12:20 pm »

Exactly. I'm on the same side of everything with this lady and she makes an argument/issue out of basically any topic.

She's also a lawyer so pretty much on brand.

I was listening to WAMU the other day, and they were talking about some random topic and then someone came in and inserted race in the discussion, because of course they did. I was flabbergasted though i should have been. I wish i could remember what it was but i don't. It just seems to be the norm for some people.

Oh well, time to lift some weights in the basement and go for a run far shorter than 16.5 miles.

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2021, 01:37:02 pm »
Focus on the positive and try to mute button the negative.
Did someone put shrooms in Space's Wheaties this morning?!
slack

hutch

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2021, 01:52:53 pm »
I know! Totally doesn’t fit with Space!!

But I think I laaaaike iiiiiit!

K8teebug

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2021, 05:06:46 pm »
Is this an exercise thread?
HA
Well it’s not very 2021 to brag about where you’ve gone or who you hung out with

On a related tangent I am adopting a baby sourdough starter (well think mail order bride)
It hasn’t arrived in the mail but I’m tracking it like norad on santa
I’ve already read “what to expect when you are expecting”
Some people feed it 3 times a day, but I think I’m going with 2
We were going to have a gender reveal party... but that got complicated
Do people name their starters?

People do name their starters. How many times its fed really depends on temp, chlorine in water, and type of flour you're using. Better go out and buy at least a 10 pound bag of flour just for your starter. It took me about 25 pounds to build one from scratch in the summer.

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2021, 05:17:50 pm »
People do name their starters. How many times its fed really depends on temp, chlorine in water, and type of flour you're using. Better go out and buy at least a 10 pound bag of flour just for your starter. It took me about 25 pounds to build one from scratch in the summer.
so did you name yours?
After 25lbs I’d name it Bertha
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 06:02:37 pm by Surrender Caucasian-hatchıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2021, 06:03:25 pm »
Looks like 2021 will look the same as 2020 with another great listening party for the The Feelings - 12 Stops From Home... an album i totally judged originally on the generic band photo used for the cover on US release for it.... had a Maroon 5 vibe to it...  little did I know it was a great power pop album with lots of Supertramp and Queen like qualities..  saw a featurette on the band and got totally hooked
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2021, 06:51:19 pm »
Well Tanya Roberts is having a good year so far... file under not dead yet...,

Was one of the neighbor on That 70’s Show

https://www.tmz.com/2021/01/04/tanya-roberts-still-alive-rep-saying-shes-dead-70s-show-bond-girl/

T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2021, 09:40:48 pm »
I am still fucked

I have my acupuncture Thursday

She better fix me up

I managed to go to Trader Joe’s on a heroic kamikaze mission...practically passed out looking for frozen nan

I got ID’d ..

« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 09:43:23 pm by Just give it to me »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2021, 06:59:23 pm »
Is this an exercise thread?
HA
Well it’s not very 2021 to brag about where you’ve gone or who you hung out with

On a related tangent I am adopting a baby sourdough starter (well think mail order bride)
It hasn’t arrived in the mail but I’m tracking it like norad on santa
I’ve already read “what to expect when you are expecting”
Some people feed it 3 times a day, but I think I’m going with 2
We were going to have a gender reveal party... but that got complicated
Do people name their starters?

what kind of sourdough starters y'all messing with?  2 or 3 feedings a day?!?

once you've got a good starter going, it doesn't need nearly that much care.  seal it up in a mason jar, put it in the fridge and it can go for months without being touched.

source: the missus, who bakes 100% of our bread.  every batch contains at least some sourdough, the occasional batch is 100% sour.  the day before making a new batch, she pulls the jar out of the fridge and feeds it a few times over several hours to build it up.  she then refills the mason jar (typically about ~10% of the total mass) and puts it in the fridge, using the other ~90% to bake with.  go 2 months until more bread is needed, then repeat. 

admittedly my sister-in-law, who is a biology lab rat, is hyper-attentive to her starter and feed it regularly - but even she goes a week between feedings...

neither of them have named their starters, as far as i know.
<sig>