Author Topic: The Biden / Harris thread  (Read 11195 times)

Re: The Biden / Harris thread
« Reply #90 on: June 03, 2021, 06:24:51 pm »
An unusual quote from Joe

https://politicalwire.com/2021/06/01/bonus-quote-of-the-day-1506/

a stupid quote.  throwing Manchen and Sinema under the bus like that isn't going to help his cause(s).
I kinda felt the same way, jilting them won't make them want to do anything (but they weren't anyway)
Maybe it was for the base so they had a little red meat even though in the end they will be eating soup with rocks in it for dinner

It was very off-brand for this presidency which has been marked by not slinging shit at both enemies and friends
slack

Starsky

« Reply #91 on: June 03, 2021, 07:54:57 pm »
I don’t know.... it’s called the stick

It achieves some objectives actually

It signals just what he says “I would like to do this but don’t have the votes...” and shifts blame from Biden to Manchin/Sinema

It signals Biden isn’t playing...this is a bit of a rebellion and if he ignores it he looks weak

It puts pressure on them... it may not get them to change but they may think twice on future votes and believe me they are going to hear it

Should we just ignore their not standing up for critical needs?

Sinema in particular is in danger of not being re-elected and can’t entirely ignore the base... she is likely to need every vote!

Sinema is acting a little bizarre actually

So I don’t agree with you guys! Your reading is just surface level
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 08:01:56 pm by Starsky »

« Reply #92 on: September 08, 2021, 04:03:28 pm »
 The Biden administration has told 11 appointees to military academy boards by the Trump administration to resign by tonight or be removed.

Officials asked to resign include…Kellyanne Conway, Sean Spicer & H.R. McMaster
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #93 on: September 08, 2021, 04:16:45 pm »
The Biden administration has told 11 appointees to military academy boards by the Trump administration to resign by tonight or be removed.

on the one hand, i'm all like "eff 'em". trump stuffed his cronies into a bunch of different places hoping to maintain his influence on policy.

on the other hand, every president nominates folks to serve in positions that outlast their administration, and it's tradition to let them serve out their terms... so it's not a great look for biden to be firing the same folks that other presidents haven't.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #94 on: September 08, 2021, 04:43:29 pm »

on the one hand, i'm all like "eff 'em". trump stuffed his cronies into a bunch of different places hoping to maintain his influence on policy.

on the other hand, every president nominates folks to serve in positions that outlast their administration, and it's tradition to let them serve out their terms... so it's not a great look for biden to be firing the same folks that other presidents haven't.

I'm ok with it, so he should be ok.

« Reply #95 on: September 08, 2021, 05:10:33 pm »
the new barometer for all political actions going forward
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #96 on: September 08, 2021, 05:20:13 pm »
the new barometer for all political actions going forward
The Freely OK/Action ratio, if you will.
LVMH

Starsky

« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2021, 01:43:31 pm »
Oh boy

I don’t get why so many seem so bent on hating Manchin and Sinema… it’s so counterproductive… whether you hate them isn’t relevant and makes no difference… we need their votes

Why hasn’t Biden just cut deals with them? Why this constant standstill? What are we waiting for?

West Virginia is damn poor… why not cut a deal with Joe M to give him some cover (lots of $ for WVA would be rather insignificant in grand scheme of things) to vote for bill with as many dem priorities as possible ??

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2021/10/senator-joe-manchin-democratic-party-exit-plan-biden-infrastructure-deal-exclusive/

Everyone has a price. Play ball or take ball and go home. Enough

Starsky

« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2021, 01:52:24 pm »
I mean WTF Biden understands politics, right? Cut the deal you can get.

The longer we essentially call these guys satan (it’s all over the web, emails from Democratic Party interest groups, etc) the higher the price for their votes. You think following Sinema into a bathroom and yelling at her helps?

Another rule of politics they seem to ignore: the longer you dilly dally the weaker your hand gets…

What is being gained here? If there is no way of getting their votes other than a smaller bill then pass a smaller bill!

This all makes democrats look like a bunch of losers that can’t even reach agreement on what they want!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 01:54:30 pm by Starsky »

« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2021, 04:12:23 pm »
Another rule of politics they seem to ignore: the longer you dilly dally the weaker your hand gets…

What is being gained here? If there is no way of getting their votes other than a smaller bill then pass a smaller bill!

This all makes democrats look like a bunch of losers that can’t even reach agreement on what they want!
couldn't agree more...wasting so many cycles on this is a MAGA dream as less other stuff will get focused on then it will be a break and another break and now it's 2022 elections and we lose all the power

I think they should just throw a few bil at both AZ and WV any and all pet projects they want

Hating them solves nothing, if we try to primary Joe...we're basicaly giving up a seat in the senate
Not so sure about Sinema, but I feel like she is still fairly popular with AZers

Was at the Wharf Monday night and there were a bunch of climate change protesters in front of the Yacht club (joes boat is there...media keeps making it like it's some lux liner...it's pretty mediocre and old...guess it kinda fits him)
slack

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #100 on: October 20, 2021, 08:42:25 pm »
The Yacht Club? Who took over for Tommy The Matchmaker?
😐 🎶

« Reply #101 on: November 02, 2021, 04:24:40 pm »
man, biden is really fucking up letting the dow jones get to 36,000
How are we supposed to put a taco truck on every corner with news like that
slack