Author Topic: D vs M vs V  (Read 3629 times)

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
Re: D vs M vs V
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2022, 05:02:39 pm »
Can I still get in trouble if a page someone 80085 ? I need to know ASAP.

If that's the law number, it would be the greatest thing.
😐 🎶

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2022, 06:34:44 pm »
Can I still get in trouble if a page someone 80085 ? I need to know ASAP.
I was at a party hanging out back and was like "look at those tits" then all these dudes got all angry at me and I'm like "Those chickadees are called Tits, I was just looking at the birds in the trees, not the birds at the party"
slack

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2022, 11:55:42 am »
My birthtown is #1? Huh.
😐 🎶

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2022, 12:02:51 pm »
My birthtown is #1? Huh.
you really don't seem THAT happy...fake news
slack

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2022, 12:14:47 pm »
As much as I'd like to move back, it's absolutely unaffordable. The house my parents bought in 1967 for $23K and sold in 1977 for $64K now assesses for as much as $1.2M. DMV rents are high but nothing like there.
😐 🎶

Space Freely

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2022, 12:28:17 pm »
San Francisco #3? I guess they didn't interview the homeless people. Or maybe the homeles people are actually happy.

Starsky

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2022, 12:33:33 pm »
I never understand these rankings…they are always all over the place. I don’t find them credible

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2022, 12:56:52 pm »
I never understand these rankings…they are always all over the place. I don’t find them credible
Yeah, I take these things with a pound of salt. (Hello, hypertension!) Its like those surveys that announce "Jehovah's Witnesses [or some other random-ass group] are statistically the happiest people on Earth!" Show your math.
LVMH

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2022, 01:31:57 pm »
yeah, I question anything that says the happiest people live in Columbia MD?
sorry, but what is so appealing about something that's not the country and not the city...just kind of a x-burb without a soul

it's like fairfax, but in MD
prove me wrong
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2022, 01:40:21 pm »
I think it comes down to MPP vs Patriot Center.

evilizac

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2022, 02:16:04 pm »
I think the majority of people are generic as hell.
They want their Panera Breads and Cheesecake Factories.
They want good schools and clean streets and enough space to feel like they own a piece of the American dream.
Everything around them looks the same; same houses, same restaurants, same general level of wealth as far as they can tell.
They'll take their vacations somewhere pretty and drive to their jobs.
They're looking for happy enough. I feel like that's a Columbia Maryland.
   That also describes my sister who wanted to move to Columbia but settled for Urbana.
Same for a guy that I work with who drives sometimes an hour and a half each way to get to my office and then spends most of his day driving around DC. He recently moved from a townhouse in Columbia to a larger home backing up to some woods. He works as a carpentry subcontractor, has his two kids, his house, his old townhouse as a rental unit, his big-assed truck and a camper he tows with his big-assed truck for vacations. He's looking for general comfort and implied safety.
WHAT?

Yada

« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2022, 02:22:25 pm »
Did not read article, nor do I believe in "happiness" ratings of cities... I will say, I've been in Chinatown (last Friday) and the 930 Club area (last night) and the city is pretty damn disgusting. Yeah, it was awesome when I lived there for a decade in my 20s into my 30s, but I'd have zero interest in living in "inner city" of DC at this point.

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2022, 02:47:24 pm »
what about the Wharf?  That's pretty clean and free of the riff raff
those two areas can be quite sketchy still (back when you were in your 20s, they were REALLLY skechky)
slack

Starsky

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2022, 02:57:12 pm »
There is talk that since the summer of 2020 the city like many is kind of letting things go a bit…

I actually would love to move back to DC either Georgetown or much preferably DuPont but unfortunately don’t have the economic means to purchase a row house (my dream would be a four floor one by where the Phillips collection is) and even if I did my kids going to school in Arlington and all their special needs will prevent that…

I love Arlington but it’s just too boring…too many of the same kind of white people…too many defense industry consultants /types… it’s lost some of what I found appealing
« Last Edit: March 03, 2022, 03:02:50 pm by Starsky »