Author Topic: Midterm Elections predictions  (Read 2681 times)

Starsky

Midterm Elections predictions
« on: October 25, 2022, 08:19:23 pm »
Anyone feel reasonably confident about how it’s going to go? I think we are two weeks away ago, right? I got my theories

Here in Arlington I feel like Beyer will be re-elected until he dies so not much excitement…. Some Green Party candidate - Clement I think- has run for county Council like 20 times….am thinking of voting for her…of course she can’t win….people seem up in arms about some housing issue I know little about: mid level housing expansion I think…am sure there will be plenty of referenda on bonds for more spending and they will all pass…not sure what’s on the ballot statewide

Space Freely

Re: Midterm Elections predictions
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2022, 08:23:30 pm »
I'm fairly confident that it's going to go poorly for fans of Democracy.

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2022, 08:35:10 pm »
Yeah I don’t think we’re all the house and it’s going to just be tons of committee hearings for the next two years

I think we’re gonna squeak by hold in the Senate and maybe a 51/52 lead
So pretty much sucks for the Democrats because they won’t get 60 in the senate and the house is just gonna be a clown show

I do sometimes hate voting in Arlington
It’s almost impossible for the Dems not to win
The middle-market housing thing does have some good points the wealthy don’t want it because it’ll need more housing density people having mother-daughter units and separate little houses in their backyard annoy the wealthy
slack

Starsky

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2022, 08:35:52 pm »
It’s unbelievable what an asshole Fetterman is not to have dropped out long ago….

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2022, 08:37:15 pm »
It’s unbelievable what an asshole Fetterman is not to have dropped out long ago….

UGG it’s a tough call I think everyone was very optimistic that he was going to be recovered

He was such a great candidate but it’s not looking good
slack

Starsky

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2022, 08:40:48 pm »

UGG it’s a tough call I think everyone was very optimistic that he was going to be recovered

He was such a great candidate but it’s not looking good

It wasn’t a tough call at all..he had a major stroke and was gaga….

But fuck the world it’s all about Fetterman getting a job…god forbid another democrat win the seat

You have been on the Fetterman worship train for years…tsk tsk…bad judgment

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2022, 09:51:50 pm »
So what’s your take here
that regardless of the stroke fetterman is a bad Candidate

I didn’t watch the whole thing but I just went through 15 minutes with the clips

he didn’t sound great I’m not gonna lie
but he didn’t sound horrible either (compared to Herschel Walker he sounded like a genius ) he wasn’t reading a Teleprompter he was only getting the questions via the prompter

I like fetterman  I actually think he’s the kind of Democrat we need

But being hobbled by stroke is a pretty hard blow

the problem was the primary had already happened

Isn’t this what happened to Tom cotton
the Democratic primaries happened and then the Democrat had a bow out Due to something fucked up he did and couldn’t replace him that late
So cotton won unopposed! For a fucking Senate seat !!!

Would that have happened here
I don’t know the answer that
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2022, 10:05:12 pm »
So basically what you are saying is because Fetterman now has a disability as a result of his stroke he’s no longer a valid candidate?  People with disabilities can serve in office and yes there need to more Dems that think like Fetterman
T.Rex

Julian, Authenticated CAUDILLO

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2022, 10:07:16 pm »
We need more large fat white guys who call Republicans Richie-Rich’s and as the only person in this community to be serving as a political appointee that oversees efforts to increase disabled individuals ability to fully participate in society, I deplore Starskys comments.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 10:15:31 pm by Julian, Adroit TASTEMAKER »
LVMH

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2022, 10:55:58 pm »
Interesting
the independent senate candidate in PA has dropped out and endorsed fetterman  before the debate

https://twitter.com/everettstern1/status/1584976258693492736?s=46&t=YG8AvVP6HxjFJZe6b1vC8w

Although I think that was an optimistic 3%
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 10:57:59 pm by siggy-Hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Starsky

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2022, 12:39:13 am »
So basically what you are saying is because Fetterman now has a disability as a result of his stroke he’s no longer a valid candidate?  People with disabilities can serve in office and yes there need to more Dems that think like Fetterman

It amuses me how whenever you interpret what I am saying you get it 100% wrong. It’s uncanny.

Starsky

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2022, 12:51:16 am »
Sideputz, what I am saying is since clearly all Fetterman cares about is himself even if by running he completely fucks over D chances in a key and (what was) very winnable race, well then, the guy is a piece of crap. Why take a chance that you may recover? Did it ever occur to him to care about how he was putting the Senate at risk? Did it ever occur to him the best thing might be to focus on his health? Running for senate in Pennsylvania ain’t easy! It’s no gimme! You got to be 100%!! Dude had a major stroke which is why he spent months off the campaign trail!

Also he looks like a hobo living in a van by the river.

And no I don’t know all the legal specifics about how he could have been replaced but surely having a guy who couldn’t campaign for MONTHS as he tried to recover from his stroke wasn’t exactly the best idea. Frankly, a write in candidate would even be better. Fetterman should have ended his candidacy.

Maybe Fetterman wins but it seems awfully risky and most selfish.

I use too many adverbs.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 12:58:53 am by Starsky »

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2022, 06:57:54 am »
Fetterman won every county in PA during the primary and makes a point to visit all parts of PA even the red parts. 

He won the primary without PAC money or major democrat party endorsements.  He has a straight forward no bs platform that is working for him.

But none of that matters he should have just jacked in all the hard work and let milquetoast suit wearing PAC supported Connor Lamb  carry on, who tbh is just the same as Oz except for the D behind his name. 
T.Rex

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2022, 07:17:19 am »
Forgot about conor lamb!
slack

Starsky

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2022, 07:49:29 am »
Well yeah a major stroke tends to change life plans…..

But hey hopefully it works out and he gets elected