Author Topic: The Armageddon Election 2024 Or Apocalypse 2024  (Read 92016 times)

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: The Armageddon Election 2024 Or Apocalypse 2024
« Reply #405 on: July 16, 2024, 09:00:32 am »
I have commented on this before but I don’t understand how liberals keep buying and even driving teslas. It’s got to be the most popular car in Arlington.
Its a good environmentally friendly car. Most people who have teslas want an economical electric car, it’s not a sign of Elon fandom.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #406 on: July 16, 2024, 09:18:09 am »
I have commented on this before but I don’t understand how liberals keep buying and even driving teslas. It’s got to be the most popular car in Arlington.
Its a good environmentally friendly car. Most people who have teslas want an economical electric car, it’s not a sign of Elon fandom.

But there are plenty of good electric cars.

« Reply #407 on: July 16, 2024, 10:07:41 am »

Up until the last year or two, I’d disagree with that. I find casting shade on people who bought teslas 5-6 years ago strange.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #408 on: July 16, 2024, 10:16:27 am »

Up until the last year or two, I’d disagree with that. I find casting shade on people who bought teslas 5-6 years ago strange.

Elon Musk has been a pretty objectionable person for a long time. Witness his crazy comments about the scuba diver that went in to save the Thai youngsters trapped in the cave. Musk is pretty closely associated with Tesla. I would want nothing to do with his products. If I had bought a Tesla 5-6 years ago I would definitely have sold it by now. I understand that he was liberals’ special one for a while but come on…

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #409 on: July 16, 2024, 10:27:47 am »
Great.  First you give me shit about my Tesla.  Next your gonna be all over me for my awesome kicks...

« Reply #410 on: July 16, 2024, 11:10:34 am »

Elon Musk has been a pretty objectionable person for a long time. Witness his crazy comments about the scuba diver that went in to save the Thai youngsters trapped in the cave. Musk is pretty closely associated with Tesla. I would want nothing to do with his products. If I had bought a Tesla 5-6 years ago I would definitely have sold it by now. I understand that he was liberals’ special one for a while but come on…

Ah yes, we were all waiting with baited breathe for what you’d do if you owned a Tesla. Perhaps we could talk about more fact-based scenarios like what would Seth do if he woke up tomorrow morning and was a biological woman?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2024, 11:28:59 am by Julian, White Poet WARLORD »
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #411 on: July 16, 2024, 11:37:04 am »
Wait what happened to being a senator from Wyoming?

Am feeling some hostility here - not sure why-so am going to let the mystery be and go back to celebrating another Copa America win.🏆!!! Ta ta

« Reply #412 on: July 16, 2024, 01:20:34 pm »
Wait what happened to being a senator from Wyoming?

no idea what this is ref to...but did read an interesting tid bit about a former Senator from Wyoming

News of U.S. Sen. Lester Hunt’s death shook the nation on June 19, 1954, when it was learned the former senator died by suicide. Hunt was a liberal Democrat in his first term in the U.S. Senate when he was blackmailed by Sen. Joseph McCarthy from Wisconsin

He was elected to the U.S. Senate in 1948, but announced on June 8, 1954, that he would not seek another term. His announcement was the result of “one of the foulest attempts at blackmail in modern political history,” according to the U.S. Senate archives. Hunt’s son, who was gay, had been convicted the previous year for soliciting an undercover cop in a park.
slack

« Reply #413 on: July 16, 2024, 03:47:05 pm »
like we didn't already know that the GQP was funding RFJ jr...now it's more obvious

https://www.npr.org/2024/07/16/g-s1-10927/trump-rfk-vaccines-leaked-video
slack

nkotb

« Reply #414 on: July 16, 2024, 05:38:36 pm »
Just one poll, but it definitely seems less than ideal: https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2024/07/15/virginia-vcu-poll-biden-trump/

“Virginia is in play,” said former governor L. Douglas Wilder (D), whose namesake school of public policy sponsored the poll. “It is a close race. It’s a turnout election in Virginia.”

VA +1 for biden per RCP average.

who told you VA was a swing state? 
rcp...come on
not even RCP lists VA as a battle ground state
https://www.realclearpolling.com/elections/president/2024/battleground-states

538 shows biden crushing
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2024-election-forecast/virginia/

« Reply #415 on: July 16, 2024, 06:03:22 pm »
somewhat credible voice that I will take seriously^

so much of the prognostication relates to Youngkin and that weird off-off terrible dem candidate election
didn't tell us that much about VA's federal voting record. the blue population in Nova and places like Richmond, VA beach, outnumber the red state wise.  I don't think that the party demo has changed that much?  (jules use your backchannels to ask nutttycombe this. his site has biden by 10+)

The real risk is if for some silly reason VA dems pull a 'there is no way biden could lose to this joker and not vote.
but that is an unlikely scenario 

« Last Edit: July 16, 2024, 06:10:09 pm by GetThee2aHatcheryıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

hutch

« Reply #416 on: July 16, 2024, 06:47:29 pm »
If on Election Day it turns out VA was close then Trump will have won the election by a very comfortable margin. If democrats have trouble winning VA it’s impossible to envision them winning GA, NC, FL, PA, MI, WI, NV, AZ etc.

VA is not a battleground or swing state but that doesn’t mean democrats can’t lose VA.

hutch

« Reply #417 on: July 17, 2024, 02:30:38 am »
NKOTB says situation is less than ideal.

Obviously the situation is “less than ideal”…more like “very far from ideal”

We can argue all we want about Biden being old or the clear deception perpetrated by the Biden team. None of that is going to help get a democrat in the White House.

But we have 112 or so days and either democrats unite behind Biden and we win or lose together (potentially get decimated) or we somehow force Biden out, pick someone else and we get decimated.

It doesn’t look good right now but the reality is most people are already decided which I think explains why neither the debate or the shooting seem to have impacted all that much. I think we still have a decent fighting chance. If democrats try to force Biden out it will get very ugly and the collateral damage will guarantee a Trump win.

Space Freely

« Reply #418 on: July 17, 2024, 08:31:25 am »
Will someone please tell my "I don't believe that JD Vance is that bad, and you have to be careful about who wrote the negative things that are being said about him" wife that JD Vance actually is that bad?

hutch

« Reply #419 on: July 17, 2024, 09:14:37 am »
Huh?