Author Topic: LIVE at the Atlantis  (Read 75411 times)

Space Freely

Re: LIVE at the Atlantis
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2023, 09:52:27 am »
You think...Gavin Rossdale or whoever cares about the low 5 figure paycheck they're taking home from this? Maybe $eth cares?

Gavin Rossdale probably cares. Who gives a shit about Bush?

Gavin is worth more than that entire list of 42 other musicians combined is my guess, other than Foo Fighters... so yeah, he doesn't give a shit about the pennies he's making for doing $eth a favor.

You would think that but Frank Black is actually worth 146 million dollars and is the highest paid singer in the world.

https://en.mediamass.net/people/frank-black/highest-paid.html

Also, Ira Kaplan is Jewish so he's got to be up there too.

Hutch

« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2023, 10:09:24 am »
Ok that’s funny

« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2023, 10:23:31 am »
for a second, I thought this was real, but this paragraph sealed the deal

The American singer-songwriter-guitarist has an estimated net worth of $145 million. He owes his fortune to smart stock investments, substantial property holdings, lucrative endorsement deals with CoverGirl cosmetics. He also owns several restaurants (the “Fat Black Burger” chain) in Washington, a Football Team (the “Boston Angels”), has launched his own brand of Vodka (Pure Wonderblack - US), and is tackling the juniors market with a top-selling perfume (With Love from Frank) and a fashion line called “Frank Black Seduction”.
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2023, 10:56:09 am »
You think...Gavin Rossdale or whoever cares about the low 5 figure paycheck they're taking home from this? Maybe $eth cares?

Gavin is worth more than that entire list of 42 other musicians combined is my guess, other than Foo Fighters... so yeah, he doesn't give a shit about the pennies he's making for doing $eth a favor.
Yeah, I agree with this. I/we might not like Bush, but they have not exactly been resigned to the garbage bin of playing Celebrate Fairfax type events like Everclear or Candlebox or something. They still draw. They're playing a show at Anthem. I bet they're still making a ton of cash touring.
LVMH

« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2023, 11:43:19 am »
I/we might not like Bush

well depends on the Bush

One of the former presidenst/gov of FL = no like
one between a woman's legs = like  (although in the modern era, these are becoming extinct)
Australian bush = have not visited, but pretty sure I'd like
Bus[c]h beer = no like
Bush topiary = Like - prefer ones with flowers
Bush band = on the whole, no like ...but in 94 I did dig Glycerine/Everything Zen for a hot min

TIL the album almost got shelved and never released:
In 1993, the band was signed by Rob Kahane, who had a distribution deal with Disney's Hollywood Records. The band completed recording its debut album Sixteen Stone in early 1994. However, the death of Disney executive Frank G. Wells eliminated a supporter for Kahane, and executives at Hollywood deemed Bush's album unacceptable for release. Consequently, the bandmates took jobs performing menial labour. Interscope Records ultimately decided to release the album, and at the end of 1994, Kahane sent an advance copy of the album to a friend at influential Los Angeles radio station KROQ-FM, which added the song "Everything Zen" to its rotation

went on to sell 6 million copies
« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 11:45:15 am by WeakestOfSauces ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Hutch

« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2023, 11:48:33 am »
Not my bag but they actually put on a good show

Pained me to write this

« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2023, 01:18:22 pm »
Bush band = on the whole, no like ...but in 94 I did dig Glycerine/Everything Zen for a hot min
I will say, of the songs you hear at 99% of sporting events you attend live, Machinehead is definitely top tier in that specific setting.
LVMH

Hutch

« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2023, 07:11:12 pm »
All right I think I did it… I put in for Luna, Pixies, Tweedy in that order. One ticket for each. I will be surprised if anything comes in….

The order receipt said to expect to hear something by April 13 so now the wait and juju spellcasting begins!!

I really can’t wait to see the space. It will have a second floor like the 930 which means it should be super intimate.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2023, 07:39:00 pm »
Gavin is worth more than that entire list of 42 other musicians combined is my guess

You'd guess wrong

Yada

« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2023, 10:11:14 pm »
Gavin is worth more than that entire list of 42 other musicians combined is my guess

You'd guess wrong

This discussion seems to be way over your head, the point is Gavin has an unbelievable amount of $$$.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2023, 10:14:37 pm »

You'd guess wrong

yeah... billy idol.  ben gibbard.  franz.

This discussion seems to be way over your head, the point is Gavin has an unbelievable amount of $$$.

you're moving the goalposts.
<sig>

« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2023, 10:26:25 pm »
Put in for seven shows. Included Bush for the lols. Watch that be the one I get tickets to.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2023, 12:37:24 am »

You'd guess wrong

yeah... billy idol.  ben gibbard.  franz.

you're moving the goalposts.

Lol franZ or ben...

« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2023, 06:58:25 am »

Lol franZ

maybe he was referring to the archduke
slack

bellenseb

« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2023, 09:19:56 am »

Yeah, I agree with this. I/we might not like Bush, but they have not exactly been resigned to the garbage bin of playing Celebrate Fairfax type events like Everclear or Candlebox or something. They still draw. They're playing a show at Anthem. I bet they're still making a ton of cash touring.

I saw Bush at Celebrate Fairfax maybe 5 or 6 years ago.  And it was a pretty good show!

Related: RIP Celebrate Fairfax. My protest campaign, "No Fair? NO FAIR!" failed to revive it.